TALEN HORTON-TUCKER - 46th Pick to Lakers!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Laker4lifer4real
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 15 Jul 2017
Posts: 342

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:26 pm    Post subject:

27,8,5
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Feb 2015
Posts: 3655

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
27,8,5


Did they win?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker4lifer4real
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 15 Jul 2017
Posts: 342

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Yes
https://mobile.twitter.com/SouthBayLakers/status/1227829653382975495?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2014
Posts: 1733

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:03 am    Post subject:

https://youtu.be/F-8ud3_Yo-A

This dude can hoop. Wish he got time with the varsity squad
_________________
He's my GOAT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 2255

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:09 am    Post subject:

Are those the new SB unis?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 17242
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:00 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
Are those the new SB unis?


Yup, they changed it last week
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 4472

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:54 am    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
https://youtu.be/F-8ud3_Yo-A

This dude can hoop. Wish he got time with the varsity squad
I think they need to bring this kid up. I know he is young, but he would fill a need.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 May 2015
Posts: 2060

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:08 am    Post subject:

If he were like most blue chippers, he'd only be a freshman in college right now. He'd be a top 5 pick this year.

If this kid becomes a casualty of Lebron's closing window I'm going to be very upset.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 17242
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:27 am    Post subject:

How's his defense?
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 4472

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:53 am    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
If he were like most blue chippers, he'd only be a freshman in college right now. He'd be a top 5 pick this year.

If this kid becomes a casualty of Lebron's closing window I'm going to be very upset.
What is Lebron's history of playing with youngsters like that? Not saying THT is the same caliber player, but didn't Lebron find sucess playing with a rookie like Kyrie? I don't remember, need to look it up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Posts: 10051

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:27 am    Post subject:

I really hope we can somehow get the #1 seed locked up with 3 or 4 games left in the season. It'd be great to get THT some meaningful minutes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 May 2015
Posts: 2060

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:17 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
How's his defense?


I think it's his defensive potential that has me most intrigued.

With his size, length, reach and hand size, there is no reason with proper coaching why it shouldn't be his strength.

Is already demonstrating Caruso type hands around ball handlers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 May 2015
Posts: 2060

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:23 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
If he were like most blue chippers, he'd only be a freshman in college right now. He'd be a top 5 pick this year.

If this kid becomes a casualty of Lebron's closing window I'm going to be very upset.
What is Lebron's history of playing with youngsters like that? Not saying THT is the same caliber player, but didn't Lebron find sucess playing with a rookie like Kyrie? I don't remember, need to look it up.


Although you do bring up a good point, my concern isn't whether they'll be compatible on the floor. As Lebron ages his usage rate will have to be absorbed by other capable ball handlers /creators and I think THT will be able to fill that role.

My concern is the FO being shortsighted and trading him in their haste to fill a role-playing gap in a Lebron closing window.

THT is going to be much more than a role-player... he checks too many boxes offensively and defensively (already) at such a young age.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 4472

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:52 am    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
scoobs wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
If he were like most blue chippers, he'd only be a freshman in college right now. He'd be a top 5 pick this year.

If this kid becomes a casualty of Lebron's closing window I'm going to be very upset.
What is Lebron's history of playing with youngsters like that? Not saying THT is the same caliber player, but didn't Lebron find sucess playing with a rookie like Kyrie? I don't remember, need to look it up.


Although you do bring up a good point, my concern isn't whether they'll be compatible on the floor. As Lebron ages his usage rate will have to be absorbed by other capable ball handlers /creators and I think THT will be able to fill that role.

My concern is the FO being shortsighted and trading him in their haste to fill a role-playing gap in a Lebron closing window.

THT is going to be much more than a role-player... he checks too many boxes offensively and defensively (already) at such a young age.
I hear you. I was talking about THIS season though. The trade deadline has passed so THT isn't going any where just yet. I think the Lakers should call him up and give him playing time. Not just for him, but for the team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 May 2015
Posts: 2060

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:19 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
scoobs wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
If he were like most blue chippers, he'd only be a freshman in college right now. He'd be a top 5 pick this year.

If this kid becomes a casualty of Lebron's closing window I'm going to be very upset.
What is Lebron's history of playing with youngsters like that? Not saying THT is the same caliber player, but didn't Lebron find sucess playing with a rookie like Kyrie? I don't remember, need to look it up.


Although you do bring up a good point, my concern isn't whether they'll be compatible on the floor. As Lebron ages his usage rate will have to be absorbed by other capable ball handlers /creators and I think THT will be able to fill that role.

My concern is the FO being shortsighted and trading him in their haste to fill a role-playing gap in a Lebron closing window.

THT is going to be much more than a role-player... he checks too many boxes offensively and defensively (already) at such a young age.
I hear you. I was talking about THIS season though. The trade deadline has passed so THT isn't going any where just yet. I think the Lakers should call him up and give him playing time. Not just for him, but for the team.


If they didn't do it in the 1st half of the season (his 2 game appearances don't count!), then I doubt they do it in the second half with playoff seedings still at steak.

Although I do think THT is capable, it's definitely a tall order to expect him to contribute in any meaningful way this season.

I sure hope they give him the chance though. I can't imagine he wouldn't be able to replicate what, say, Dudley gives the team ("lock room guy" things notwithstanding).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 39102

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:18 pm    Post subject:

THT stats last night v Salt Lake City:

27 points, eight rebounds, five assists and three steals.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker4lifer4real
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 15 Jul 2017
Posts: 342

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject:

I think THT is AD’s guy, being that he won 3 straight City Championships in Chicago, and signed with Klutch. Hopefully it will be THT rolling with AD full throttle in 2 years. Caruso’s success coming from the G League bodes well for other players coming up. 7’1’ wingspan and strong as hell. Great handle and balance and a feel for the rim. 3 pointer has improved as season progresses. Just turned 19. Yeah. And he’s a Laker.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2015
Posts: 3543

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:22 pm    Post subject:

the Future
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Aug 2017
Posts: 622

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Call the kid up after the break, could be our poor man's Tatum.
_________________
MAMBA OUT

1978-2020
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Feb 2015
Posts: 3655

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:30 pm    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Call the kid up after the break, could be our poor man's Tatum.


2 different skillsets and position. What do you mean by this?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 613

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
the Future


Looking forward to him playing next year.
_________________
💜💛 2020 🏆x17
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 May 2009
Posts: 1430

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:05 am    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Call the kid up after the break, could be our poor man's Tatum.

More like medium Derron Williams
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker4lifer4real
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 15 Jul 2017
Posts: 342

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:55 pm    Post subject:

He’s got a little Paul Pierce in him too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2001
Posts: 3335

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:59 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
the Future


Looking forward to him playing next year.


_________________
An opinion rooted in feelings becomes more intractable by having a preponderant weight of logic against it. The worse it fares in argument, the more persuaded adherents are that their feelings must have some deeper truth.--Adapted from John Stuart Mill
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 May 2010
Posts: 2245

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:27 am    Post subject:

I don't really understand the reason why the Lakers didn't give the rookie a shot. It may be too late at this point in the season. It seems as though he can take some pressure off of LBJ and give him some rest minutes.

My guess is that he may end up on another team next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 41 of 43
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB