TALEN HORTON-TUCKER - 46th Pick to Lakers!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56, 57  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 2523

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:51 am    Post subject:

That Lonzo + THT backcourt is gonna be very interesting.
_________________
💜💛 🏆

FA targets: Dennis, Wes, Trez, Marc, Alfonso, Shaquille Harrison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Judah
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 4730

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:25 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Good pick by Magic...!

He actually wasn't drafted by Magic. Magic was already gone by last year's draft.
_________________
“Christ did not die to forgive sinners who go on treasuring anything above seeing and savoring God. And people who would be happy in heaven if Christ were not there, will not be there."
- John Piper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 2523

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:21 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
Good pick by Magic...!

He actually wasn't drafted by Magic. Magic was already gone by last year's draft.



_________________
💜💛 🏆

FA targets: Dennis, Wes, Trez, Marc, Alfonso, Shaquille Harrison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 63186
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Does he become a starter? Or bench player by year 3?


Too early to make those projections.

He's 19.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.

Pipedream:
CP3
Caruso
Harkless
LeBron
Anthony Davis

http://bball-index.com/team/lal/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 12811

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:16 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/SouthBayLakers/status/1305658210825592833
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker4lifer4real
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 15 Jul 2017
Posts: 539

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:46 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
https://twitter.com/SouthBayLakers/status/1305658210825592833


DRAE, you’ve been a believer in the kid from the beginning, long before the hype. I hope your enjoying THT’s success as much as me. Feels good to see him do in the Playoffs what we saw in South Bay. Heard he grew an inch this year too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
poppies
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 08 Nov 2019
Posts: 359

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Thortontucker/status/1307882439092719616

Haha, good to know the AD celebration wasn't too much for THT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief


Joined: 07 Sep 2001
Posts: 37750
Location: O.C.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:27 pm    Post subject:

He had verticality. lol.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Posts: 4847

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Why wasn't he in uniform today?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 10192

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Way to take that charge from AD youngin’!
_________________
“You have to dance beautifully in the box that you are comfortable dancing in.” - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 10192

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Watching Tyler Herro get his chance with Miami really pisses me off. THT has looked great all season, but we can never find minutes for him.
_________________
“You have to dance beautifully in the box that you are comfortable dancing in.” - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 138312
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Watching Tyler Herro get his chance with Miami really pisses me off. THT has looked great all season, but we can never find minutes for him.


One thing is not like the other.
_________________
If you could choose between dating a supermodel or going fishing, would it be saltwater or freshwater?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 10192

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:30 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Watching Tyler Herro get his chance with Miami really pisses me off. THT has looked great all season, but we can never find minutes for him.


One thing is not like the other.


Yes, Miami gives their young guys an opportunity and puts them in the right setting to succeed. You are correct.
_________________
“You have to dance beautifully in the box that you are comfortable dancing in.” - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker4lifer4real
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 15 Jul 2017
Posts: 539

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:15 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Watching Tyler Herro get his chance with Miami really pisses me off. THT has looked great all season, but we can never find minutes for him.


Was thinking the same thing. Give THT 40 minutes and see the numbers. Hope it’s on the Lakers someday, but there is a backlog at guard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 18 Oct 2012
Posts: 457

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:56 pm    Post subject:

Kudos to this kid
_________________
White guy to white guy alley oop
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
windycitycane
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Oct 2012
Posts: 7077

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:02 am    Post subject:

wasn't he the youngest player to be in the finals??

I like this kid.. lots of upside.. please don't trade him, we might have another superstar within the organization!
_________________
"I bought the Lakers so I could beat the Celtics" - Dr. Jerry Buss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Feb 2006
Posts: 1659

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject:

windycitycane wrote:
wasn't he the youngest player to be in the finals??

I like this kid.. lots of upside.. please don't trade him, we might have another superstar within the organization!


I agree. I hold on to THT if possible. I would cut or move Giannis brother before THT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2018
Posts: 1955

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:30 am    Post subject:

Calling it - he'll get some valued minutes next year, and will be a rotation piece in 2021-22
_________________
We did it for Kobe Bean!!!! #17

Targets: Markieff Morris, Taj Gibson, Dewayne Dedmon, Shabazz Napier, Nic Batum, Glenn Robinson III, Shaq Harrison
Secured: Dennis Schroder, Montrezl Harrell, Marc Gasol, Wes Matthews, Alfonzo McKinnie
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 2811

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:42 am    Post subject:

Biggest thing for me with these youngsters is can they shoot? If we get to see him, say get a sample size of 50-100 game time shots and free throws, then I’ll make a judgement.

I agree with the earlier posts about us loving late round overachievers instead of lottery picks who are not ready for the bright lights yet. For me it’s an economic thing, generally players making much less than NBA average, I’m willing to give them time to develop. Once they are making 8,10 or more million a year, I want good shooting, excellent free throw percent, and an attitude that winning basketball is foremost in their mind and on the court effort. Cough, DLO, cough.

So yeah I have been easy on Kuzma, AC, and other guys making under five million a year. And I’ve been much harder on Green, Randle, Ingram, Bynum, Grant and other leeches.

So we will see what THT has got, lots of time still, but I’d package him in a heartbeat for a better offensive player than Green if I could get it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 20925

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Dude is gonna be a rotational player next season. I'm excited to see his improvements next season!
_________________
Lakers 2020 To-Do List:
- Resign Morris

KCP/Dennis Schroder
Wes Matthews/Alex Caruso/THT
Lebron James/Kyle Kuzma/Alfonzo McKinnie
Anthony Davis/Markieff Morris
Marc Gasol/Montrez Harrell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 May 2006
Posts: 3256
Location: Low Post Rate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Can you guys help me out? I like what little I've seen of THT. But I haven't really seen a whole lot... at least not enough to have an informed opinion. But I see a lot of LGers very high on him. Educate me.
_________________
"We got a new universe coming and he's going to control all our universes. We're going to put our universes together" - Metta World Peace
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2003
Posts: 7518

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Dumhead wrote:
Can you guys help me out? I like what little I've seen of THT. But I haven't really seen a whole lot... at least not enough to have an informed opinion. But I see a lot of LGers very high on him. Educate me.


Combo guard with incredible wingspan and big hands. Average athlete but has Decent defensive instincts coupled with his physical traits may make him a disruptive defender (steals/deflections). Offensively has a lot of shake to his game (one of the only guards on the roster who can create space off the dribble) but at this stage he relies a lot on high degree of difficulty step backs and unorthodox finishes around the rim. Jumper needs work.

Needs a lot of polish but has some tools to become a rotation player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 28344

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:32 pm    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
Dumhead wrote:
Can you guys help me out? I like what little I've seen of THT. But I haven't really seen a whole lot... at least not enough to have an informed opinion. But I see a lot of LGers very high on him. Educate me.


Combo guard with incredible wingspan and big hands. Average athlete but has Decent defensive instincts coupled with his physical traits may make him a disruptive defender (steals/deflections). Offensively has a lot of shake to his game (one of the only guards on the roster who can create space off the dribble) but at this stage he relies a lot on high degree of difficulty step backs and unorthodox finishes around the rim. Jumper needs work.

Needs a lot of polish but has some tools to become a rotation player.

Upside argument: a rare, odd intersection of natural strength/frame and freakish wingspan; even though not vertically explosive, anthrometric traits along with quick hips and feet (and the aforementioned defensive instincts) could allow him to guard 1-3 effectively with continued development.

Not yet 20 years old, with his handle, footwork, shot making feel, and passing chops combined with natural confidence he has scoring upside to one day become a good third option (if everything works out).
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=t3jKtjgRZQY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2003
Posts: 7518

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
Dumhead wrote:
Can you guys help me out? I like what little I've seen of THT. But I haven't really seen a whole lot... at least not enough to have an informed opinion. But I see a lot of LGers very high on him. Educate me.


Combo guard with incredible wingspan and big hands. Average athlete but has Decent defensive instincts coupled with his physical traits may make him a disruptive defender (steals/deflections). Offensively has a lot of shake to his game (one of the only guards on the roster who can create space off the dribble) but at this stage he relies a lot on high degree of difficulty step backs and unorthodox finishes around the rim. Jumper needs work.

Needs a lot of polish but has some tools to become a rotation player.

Upside argument: a rare, odd intersection of natural strength/frame and freakish wingspan; even though not vertically explosive, anthrometric traits along with quick hips and feet (and the aforementioned defensive instincts) could allow him to guard 1-3 effectively with continued development.

Not yet 20 years old, with his handle, footwork, shot making feel, and passing chops combined with natural confidence he has scoring upside to one day become a good third option (if everything works out).


No argument from me that that’s his ceiling. Optimistic but not out of the realm of possibility. At the very least he projects as a two way player who you’re not going to have to hide on either end of the floor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 May 2015
Posts: 2126

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Dumhead wrote:
Can you guys help me out? I like what little I've seen of THT. But I haven't really seen a whole lot... at least not enough to have an informed opinion. But I see a lot of LGers very high on him. Educate me.


His physical measurables are elite of the elite. Has hands that rival Kahwi's. And a wingspan that has no rivals at his height.

He had a very good freshman season at the age where most elite basketball players are still seniors in high school. That's why he's the youngest player in the NBA.

His of on ball skills like handle, footwork, shake and shot creating skills combined with his hand size, wingspan and body size/strength will make him a bonafide scorer in this league.

Because of his physical measurables he was already considered a very good young defender. His offensive game will get him on the court next year. His defensive game will keep him on it.

I was extremely high on him this past draft (check the receipts!), and I think he will go down as the steal of the draft. Although both rookies this year, Tyler Heroo is close to a full year older than THT.My fear is that teams with championship aspirations aren't exactly "development friendly".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 55 of 57
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB