TALEN HORTON-TUCKER - Lakers 46th Pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112, 113  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 110484

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:57 am    Post subject:

Since AD is out, Kuz will start for him. That will open up a lot of minutes for the guys. Wes will likely take all the backup SF minutes. That leaves Dennis/KCP/AC/THT to share the 96 guard minutes. I think KCP may have to play some "SF" and even THT can do so thanks to his girth/wingspan. This will be a big moment for him to step up. Looking forward to it.
_________________
Mission accomplished for Kobe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2017
Posts: 1082

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:35 pm    Post subject:

He got 6 minutes tonight. Most of the time he brought the ball up and looked scared to do anything to get Lebron or Vogel’s wrath (like Trez before), and gave the ball up to Lebron. I was looking for the fearless player we saw attack from the top of the key like in the preseason. He took only one three, it was short, missed a floater (short) but had some nice passes. Playing with Lebron is NOT EASY; it took awhile for Wade to adjust, Kuz to adjust, DS to adjust etc. I would like to see Vogel have him come in for Lebron and have freedom to attack, so that aggressiveness stays with him when he shares the floor with Lebron, so Lebron has another weapon other teams have to defend against.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 4586

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject:

This stretch will define him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 42713

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Talen Horton-Tucker says watching film with Rajon Rondo and LeBron has helped his development
Quote:
Quote:
Talen Horton-Tucker can get better, whether the Lakers have him on the floor or not.


https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2021/2/18/22289807/lakers-talen-horton-tucker-watching-film-rajon-rondo-lebron-helped-development
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RashardA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 09 Aug 2004
Posts: 576
Location: Santa Monica

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Lakers may need to think about selling high.
_________________
Everyting negative - pressure, challenges - is all an opportunity for me to rise.
-Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scout_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 22 Oct 2020
Posts: 146

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
Lakers may need to think about selling high.



How would this be selling high?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2017
Posts: 1082

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Growing pains
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Oct 2013
Posts: 1068

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:42 pm    Post subject:

THT had effort tonight, so I'm not mad at that. This is valuable experience. He can get to the paint, no problem. He's going to have to incorporate a mid range game, because teams have obviously scouted him, and are packing the paint with help defense, on his drives. I'm excited for his growth.
_________________
ZOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Mar 2015
Posts: 1333

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:45 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
THT had effort tonight, so I'm not mad at that. This is valuable experience. He can get to the paint, no problem. He's going to have to incorporate a mid range game, because teams have obviously scouted him, and are packing the paint with help defense, on his drives. I'm excited for his growth.


Three point shot isn’t there yet and he hasn’t used his left hand at all. He has a lot to work on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 18664
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:51 am    Post subject:

Kid is only 20 years old
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 110484

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:12 am    Post subject:

People's worries about teams poison pill maxing him out are overblown. He will get a hefty raise from the Lakers but nowhere near the amounts that people believe he will get. Same with Caruso IMO.
_________________
Mission accomplished for Kobe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
oaktown_dimond
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 16 Nov 2007
Posts: 634

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:06 am    Post subject:

man, this is where Kobe would have come into play. THT strikes me as a kid who would have no reticence reaching out to the mamba for some 1-on-1 mentoring.

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Growing pains
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 3520

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:19 am    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:
THT had effort tonight, so I'm not mad at that. This is valuable experience. He can get to the paint, no problem. He's going to have to incorporate a mid range game, because teams have obviously scouted him, and are packing the paint with help defense, on his drives. I'm excited for his growth.


Three point shot isn’t there yet and he hasn’t used his left hand at all. He has a lot to work on.


True. But all that clay to shape & mode is exciting!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Mar 2016
Posts: 1903

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:21 am    Post subject:

On ball defense is pretty good. Had some good contests on Kyrie.

He gets super lost in help though.

Offensively we need to get him moving or running PNR with Trez.

His jumper isn’t falling so his 1 on 1 attack is becoming predictable
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 7737

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:21 am    Post subject:

Neither him nor AC would get a lot of money, and that’s good for jeanie’s checkbook

Last edited by mad55557777 on Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Oct 2013
Posts: 1068

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:43 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
On ball defense is pretty good. Had some good contests on Kyrie.

He gets super lost in help though.

Offensively we need to get him moving or running PNR with Trez.

His jumper isn’t falling so his 1 on 1 attack is becoming predictable



He actually played Kyrie really well, considering. THT's strength, and long arms, really bothered Irving. THT REALLY needs to work on his team defensive awareness, position defense, and anticipation. These are all skills he can get Caruso to help with. Also, he needs to do some Timbs-in-sand training. He tends to not move his feet, and reach with his hands, a lot. All fixable issues, along with refining his offensive game.
_________________
ZOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2001
Posts: 11182

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:49 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
man, this is where Kobe would have come into play. THT strikes me as a kid who would have no reticence reaching out to the mamba for some 1-on-1 mentoring.

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Growing pains


The kid is literally playing with one of the all-time greats right now and has been getting daily mentoring. What comes into play is he needs more time and less expectations.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 4586

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:52 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:
man, this is where Kobe would have come into play. THT strikes me as a kid who would have no reticence reaching out to the mamba for some 1-on-1 mentoring.

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Growing pains


The kid is literally playing with one of the all-time greats right now and has been getting daily mentoring. What comes into play is he needs more time and less expectations.

not to mention an excellent coaching staff who teaches fundamentals.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2017
Posts: 1082

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:19 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
On ball defense is pretty good. Had some good contests on Kyrie.

He gets super lost in help though.

Offensively we need to get him moving or running PNR with Trez.

His jumper isn’t falling so his 1 on 1 attack is becoming predictable



He actually played Kyrie really well, considering. THT's strength, and long arms, really bothered Irving. THT REALLY needs to work on his team defensive awareness, position defense, and anticipation. These are all skills he can get Caruso to help with. Also, he needs to do some Timbs-in-sand training. He tends to not move his feet, and reach with his hands, a lot. All fixable issues, along with refining his offensive game.

I see the same thing. When he puts his arms out he disturbs passing lanes which is great, but he needs to work on lateral movement. He just turned 20, so he is way ahead of the curve. If he were on a lottery team and got the ball 10-15 times a game to drive and dish he would be great. But that is Lebrons role. THT is kind of redundant at this pint in his best skill set. He needs to be shooting 1,000 3’s a day. And work on a floater because he can get into the paint at will. Then he would be deadly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2006
Posts: 8041
Location: Left coast

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:24 pm    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
RashardA wrote:
Lakers may need to think about selling high.



How would this be selling high?

That would be selling dumb.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 110484

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:31 pm    Post subject:

THT is a keeper. I wouldn't trade him unless it's part of a package for a star. He's so young, and has so many skills that can be improved upon.
_________________
Mission accomplished for Kobe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 7737

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject:

he has been very hesitant recently especially when play with Lebron.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2017
Posts: 1082

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:21 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
he has been very hesitant recently especially when play with Lebron.


Too much hot potato. Don’t know if it is by coaches design, but too many times Lebron gives him the ball and he gives it right back. Lebron ain’t setting screens for him.I expect him to drive and do something, but he just gives it back to Lebron. Or he brings it up and never initiates from the top of the key. Nobody sets any picks for him, and he never sees the ball again. You gotta figure it’s hard being 20 and the bottom of the rotation with the King ruling your team. Kid can’t even get a screen other than AC ( who is the ultimate team player)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kobetan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Sep 2020
Posts: 793

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:32 pm    Post subject:

I'm perfectly happy having THT on this team and he's a valuable asset for sure. But he does put into perspective how good a player like Lamelo is doing what he does at a similar age, playing beyond his age.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Mar 2015
Posts: 1333

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Needs to learn to finish with the left hand, I think teams are adjusting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112, 113  Next
Page 111 of 113
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB