Goodbye TALEN HORTON-TUCKER Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 200, 201, 202  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:19 am    Post subject:

he playing/practice yet?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:05 am    Post subject:

I'm not sure of his status but it was reported earlier that he Should be available for training camp.

IMO THT is a "project." Right now he isn't ready for meaningful NBA minutes.
It'll take time as development will be key for him early on. He only 18 years old and his 7'1" wingspan is impressive.
THT could eventually become a good 3& D guy in the NBA.
The NBA game will be a little quick for him as a rookie, he needs to learn to slow down and let the game come to him.
He will benefit by being mentored by our vets and extensive time in the G -League.
In the long term, THT could play either guard position if his playmaking skills and shot selection improves.
Because of his wingspan and strength He can potentially defend the forward slots if needed.
IMO he will develop into a jack-of-all-trades type player that does whatever the team needs.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject:

I know nothing about him, but I predict he will be the steal of the draft. In 5 years everyone will wonder how he slipped to us at no. 46.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
I know nothing about him, but I predict he will be the steal of the draft. In 5 years everyone will wonder how he slipped to us at no. 46.

I hope you are right. Phil Handy is supposedly among the best of the NBA player development coaches. It will be interesting to see if the newest group of young Lakers develop better than the previous.

--Anonymous
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers reportedly sent a 2020 second-rounder and $2.2 million to Magic for the pick that become Talen Horton-Tucker

We finally know how much the Lakers paid for the second-round pick that they used to draft Talen-Horton Tucker, and it’s quite substantial.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/6/22/18713555/lakers-rumors-talen-horton-tucker-2020-second-round-pick-2-million-orlando-magic-2019-nba-draft
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:35 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
The Lakers reportedly sent a 2020 second-rounder and $2.2 million to Magic for the pick that become Talen Horton-Tucker

We finally know how much the Lakers paid for the second-round pick that they used to draft Talen-Horton Tucker, and it’s quite substantial.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/6/22/18713555/lakers-rumors-talen-horton-tucker-2020-second-round-pick-2-million-orlando-magic-2019-nba-draft

Kid's gonna be so good, we're going to feel so guilty we're going to want to send them a few million more in a few years.

Book it.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:39 am    Post subject:

hoping the Phil Handy hire pans out with this dude
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:37 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
hoping the Phil Handy hire pans out with this dude

At those prices I sure hope the scouting dept. nailed it again!

THT is definitely a young, raw talent, but he is such a mystery right now due to injury. He's gonna have to play catch-up; however time is on his side.
THT's measurables are good but he will need plenty of work/development. Working with Phil Handy will be a plus; coupled with some action in the G-League.

I can't wait to see him in training camp to get a glimpse of what he can & cannot do at this early point in his development.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Prior to last year, the scouting was exceptional. Last year they went off the rails with the selection. We have since learned Magic went off script in selecting Mo. Hopefully this is again the same scouts that discovered Kuz, Hart, etc late in rounds or second rounds. Hoping he turns out good.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject:

I have a good feeling about him (which means nothing I know...)

But the combo of THT's wingspan, ball handling, playmaking, and shooting is just rare.

He seems like he can do a little bit of everything - but his immediate success will depend on him making shots beyond the arc. Oversimplification, but I can see him getting called up if one of our wings goes down w/ injury.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Is his foot back?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
I have a good feeling about him (which means I know nothing...)

But the combo of THT's wingspan, ball handling, playmaking, and shooting is just rare.

He seems like he can do a little bit of everything - but his immediate success will depend on him making shots beyond the arc. Oversimplification, but I can see him getting called up if one of our wings goes down w/ injury.

Agreed x 2!

Talen Horton-Tucker - Defensive Highlights (college):

IMO THT has all the tools to be an elite defender in the future. He is a versatile defender because of his long, physical frame, quickness and BBIQ. He has natural defensive instincts and and an excellent motor.

Offensively there are some concerns w/ FG/FT/3P%. THT has a tight handle and attacks the basket with power. Because of his build he is good at drawing contact and scoring through contact. THT is also seems to be a heady and willing passer.

No doubt, Horton-Tucker is a legit NBA prospect but it's going to take time. Any playing time he gets, NBA or G-League will go a long way in his overall development.

I hope he's ready to go by training camp because he needs the experience and the exposure.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject:

Talen seems like a long term project like Caruso.
Just have to be patient and wait a few years.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Kava wrote:

Agreed x 2!

IMO THT has all the tools to be an elite defender in the future. He is a versatile defender because of his long, physical frame, quickness and BBIQ. He has natural defensive instincts and and an excellent motor.

Offensively there are some concerns w/ FG/FT/3P%. THT has a tight handle and attacks the basket with power. Because of his build he is good at drawing contact and scoring through contact. THT is also seems to be a heady and willing passer.

No doubt, Horton-Tucker is a legit NBA prospect but it's going to take time. Any playing time he gets, NBA or G-League will go a long way in his overall development.

I hope he's ready to go by training camp because he needs the experience and the exposure.

Nice highlights. He has those go-go gadget arms. The way he uses his hands reminds me of Artest. Low to the ground, quick hands, crazy length. This guy can be a pest. I'd like to see him workout with Artest on his defense.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject:

THT has a hybrid Shannon Brown/Andre Miller body.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Wasn't he the main character in a Dr. Seuss book?
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject:

I can't see this guy getting any minutes, unless there is a blow-out!

With all the vets on this team, if Vogel chooses to play a (mistake-prone) 2nd round pick rookie over them and it loses games, then we'll be quickly going with new Head Coach Kidd...!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:07 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
I can't see this guy getting any minutes, unless there is a blow-out!

With all the vets on this team, if Vogel chooses to play a (mistake-prone) 2nd round pick rookie over them and it loses games, then we'll be quickly going with new Head Coach Kidd...!

THT will be cutting his teeth in the G-League.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

They swapped picks and sent 2 million. That doesn't seem like a lot to me.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Should be in the D-league all year working on his game.
mxgardens
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
pio2u wrote:

I agree. "Cash considerations" is a fan's favorite phrase to hear in the description of a trade.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
pio2u wrote:

It’s a lot.

Teams don’t pay that much ever for a second round pick.

They only pay that much for a specific player in mind.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
pio2u wrote:

It’s a lot.

Teams don’t pay that much ever for a second round pick.

They only pay that much for a specific player in mind.

This. Mike and KIROE are high on this guy. He has a lot of talent not to mention the Ariza like wingspan.
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:22 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Kava wrote:

Agreed x 2!

Ron Artest the 2nd with more athleticism. Especially the way he moves and the quick strong hand.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Nice find, thanks for sharing.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 200, 201, 202  Next
Page 17 of 202
Jump to: