TALEN HORTON-TUCKER - 46th Pick to Lakers!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject:

ZenMaster4President wrote:
What difference does his height make, really? You don't shoot or defend with the top of your head.

It's the weight and standing/jumping reach that matters and he has those in spades.

It doesn't. But having a 6'9 SF who can see over him isn't exactly going to be the best defense either, no?

Wingspan/standing reach would help him in switch situations no doubt. But not sure if I would put him as a primary SF defender even if he has insane wingspan measurements.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Yinoma don’t read mah posts
Maybe it’s because I say mah
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject:

2019-20 Lakers Season Preview: Talen Horton-Tucker

Quote:
Horton-Tucker is probably the biggest unknown on the Lakers roster for the 2019-20 NBA season. As a second round pick, expectations should be measured

https://www.lakersnation.com/2019-20-lakers-season-preview-talen-horton-tucker/2019/09/13/
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:14 pm    Post subject:

It's possible that he could one day defend SFs well, Tony Allen is a good case to look at. Allen is 1" taller, a true 6'5 in shoes, but 4" less wingspan - still long, 6'9 8'7 length measurements - and he was an amazing defender of Kevin Durant. Marcus Smart at an inch shorter than THT guards SFs. There are undersized lockdown guys. 6'4 with his length and being able to bump guys, wouldn't be shocked if he becomes an above average SF defender.
The amount he's longer than Jimmy Butler is a 2 position gulf; so compared to SG-SF tweeners, I'm not sure wings would like to be defended by his arms
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject:

^^^ I see this potential too which is why i hope the development staff makes defense his #1 and #2 priority.
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:12 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
It's possible that he could one day defend SFs well, Tony Allen is a good case to look at. Allen is 1" taller, a true 6'5 in shoes, but 4" less wingspan - still long, 6'9 8'7 length measurements - and he was an amazing defender of Kevin Durant. Marcus Smart at an inch shorter than THT guards SFs. There are undersized lockdown guys. 6'4 with his length and being able to bump guys, wouldn't be shocked if he becomes an above average SF defender.
The amount he's longer than Jimmy Butler is a 2 position gulf; so compared to SG-SF tweeners, I'm not sure wings would like to be defended by his arms

I know you’re obsessed with measurables. I’m guessing you miss Ball and Ingram as much as I do... 😆
Laker's Fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:20 pm    Post subject:

While we haven't been great developing blue chip talent, our farm system has done a good job identifying guys and working with them on improving. I hope Tucker spends most of the year in a developmental role.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:56 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I know you’re obsessed with measurables. I’m guessing you miss Ball and Ingram as much as I do... 😆

and like "height for height" THT is longer than Ingram too, by a couple inches which is crazy
BI should have gotten more stocks, although a solid defender. hope THT develops defensively
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:19 am    Post subject:

THT has his work cut out for him in the G-league....
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
While we haven't been great developing blue chip talent, our farm system has done a good job identifying guys and working with them on improving. I hope Tucker spends most of the year in a developmental role.

They managed to turn that poorly developed blue chip talent into Anthony Davis, so it's not exactly a total loss.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Page 20 of 20
Jump to: