Official LA Lakers Summer League Thread (Las Vegas: Game #5 - Lakers v Warriors 7/12/19)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Nov 2006
Posts: 12884

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:
Hopefully this Summer League is more low key than the past few years.


What do you mean low key? The last two seasons, especially the first with Kuz and Zo have been off the charts fun. We made it to the championship game 2 yrs in a row, and got MVP both years, Josh last summer. We need to ramp it up in Vegas and get excited, not low key please. I'm looking forward to attending in person.


Don't get me wrong. The past two years have been lit and that's great. But i also remember a time when you could sit wherever and talk with coaches, trainers, and front office peeps. Either way it's always a good time.


That's true, especially when it used to be at the Pyramid in Long Beach. My first game ever there a very young Mark Cuban sitting right in front of me in what was max 300 people inside on a weekday.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Mar 2014
Posts: 1766

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject:

ForumBlueFrank wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:
Hopefully this Summer League is more low key than the past few years.


What do you mean low key? The last two seasons, especially the first with Kuz and Zo have been off the charts fun. We made it to the championship game 2 yrs in a row, and got MVP both years, Josh last summer. We need to ramp it up in Vegas and get excited, not low key please. I'm looking forward to attending in person.


Don't get me wrong. The past two years have been lit and that's great. But i also remember a time when you could sit wherever and talk with coaches, trainers, and front office peeps. Either way it's always a good time.


That's true, especially when it used to be at the Pyramid in Long Beach. My first game ever there a very young Mark Cuban sitting right in front of me in what was max 300 people inside on a weekday.


I suggest you don’t go when New Orleans is playing...... it is gonna be wild with people wanting to see Zion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lak_repeat
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 18 Apr 2001
Posts: 986

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:
Hopefully this Summer League is more low key than the past few years.


What do you mean low key? The last two seasons, especially the first with Kuz and Zo have been off the charts fun. We made it to the championship game 2 yrs in a row, and got MVP both years, Josh last summer. We need to ramp it up in Vegas and get excited, not low key please. I'm looking forward to attending in person.


Don't get me wrong. The past two years have been lit and that's great. But i also remember a time when you could sit wherever and talk with coaches, trainers, and front office peeps. Either way it's always a good time.


That's true, especially when it used to be at the Pyramid in Long Beach. My first game ever there a very young Mark Cuban sitting right in front of me in what was max 300 people inside on a weekday.


I suggest you don’t go when New Orleans is playing...... it is gonna be wild with people wanting to see Zion.


Wait until the 2nd week when the "playoffs" are happening because the games are not previously scheduled events attendance is much less especially on weekdays. I will try to see the Lakers a couple times and then Zion in the 2nd week.
_________________
LBJ and AD rule the league!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 38076
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:34 pm    Post subject:

I really thought we would do much better in the UDFA market with so many open roster spots.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 37520

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject:

LAKERS Las Vegas Summer League Schedule



July 5th - LA Lakers v Chicago Bulls 4:30 p.m. (T&M ESPN)
July 6th - LA Clippers v LA Lakers 4:30 p.m. (T&M ESPNU)
July 8th - Golden State Warriors v LA Lakers 8:30 p.m. (T&M NBA TV)
July 10th - LA Lakers v New York 6:30 p.m. (T&M ESPN2)



https://www.nba.com/lakers/releases/las-vegas-summer-league-schedule-release?ls=secondary_TS_block
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Mar 2014
Posts: 1766

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Flight booked
Hotel booked
Tickets just bought


Let’s goooooooooooo!!!!!

Me and my son will be in the building on Saturday the 6th!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Jul 2017
Posts: 1897

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject:

California Classic

Golden 1 Center

Monday, July 1
9 p.m. -- Heat vs. Lakers

Tuesday, July 2
9 p.m. -- Lakers vs. Warriors

Wednesday, July 3
11 p.m. -- Lakers vs. Kings

Anyone know if these are televised?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 8360
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Flight booked
Hotel booked
Tickets just bought


Let’s goooooooooooo!!!!!

Me and my son will be in the building on Saturday the 6th!


You and your son are my favorite Lakers fan....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 Jan 2016
Posts: 888
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Flight booked
Hotel booked
Tickets just bought


Let’s goooooooooooo!!!!!

Me and my son will be in the building on Saturday the 6th!


Awesome man!

Interested to see if Bonga plays. And THT too, I don’t think I saw an Iowa State game this past year. Only ever heard of him recently.
_________________
We pour this booze and we drink this booze because we think it's yummy. YUMMY! So over the tounge and down the throat to party in our tummys.
DOWN THE HOLA BITC*OLA!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 38076
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
California Classic

Golden 1 Center

Monday, July 1
9 p.m. -- Heat vs. Lakers

Tuesday, July 2
9 p.m. -- Lakers vs. Warriors

Wednesday, July 3
11 p.m. -- Lakers vs. Kings

Anyone know if these are televised?


still do not understand why the Clippers are not in this instead of the Heat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Go4thaGold
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Aug 2005
Posts: 1353

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Flight booked
Hotel booked
Tickets just bought


Let’s goooooooooooo!!!!!

Me and my son will be in the building on Saturday the 6th!


Hey Guys,

I always have fun going to Summer League. And I plan to go this year. There is an option on the tickets page to enter a Promo Code?

Any of the LG Fam come across any discount codes?
_________________
Go Lakers!
Go Trojans!
Go Dodgers!
Go Chargers!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Mar 2014
Posts: 1766

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:58 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
California Classic

Golden 1 Center

Monday, July 1
9 p.m. -- Heat vs. Lakers

Tuesday, July 2
9 p.m. -- Lakers vs. Warriors

Wednesday, July 3
11 p.m. -- Lakers vs. Kings

Anyone know if these are televised?


still do not understand why the Clippers are not in this instead of the Heat


Even northern Cali don’t wanna stench of the Clippers!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Practice
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Apr 2015
Posts: 4382

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Bryan Kalbrosky @BryanKalbrosky
Some summer league news, per source: MiKyle McIntosh (Oregon) will play for the Indiana Pacers. Peter Jok (Iowa) will play for the Orlando Magic. Dakota Mathias (Purdue) will play for the Los Angeles Lakers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 37520

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
Bryan Kalbrosky @BryanKalbrosky
Some summer league news, per source: MiKyle McIntosh (Oregon) will play for the Indiana Pacers. Peter Jok (Iowa) will play for the Orlando Magic. Dakota Mathias (Purdue) will play for the Los Angeles Lakers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2007
Posts: 8908

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Jonathan Givony
@DraftExpress
LA Lakers are starting to fill out their summer league roster with guards. Joe Young (Oregon) who averaged 36 ppg in China this past season, will be joined by Dakota Mathias (Purdue), who played in Spain.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 37520

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Lakers to open up Las Vegas Summer League against Coby White, Chicago Bulls

The Lakers will be tested at the NBA’s Las Vegas Summer League tournament.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/6/21/18701470/lakers-news-nba-las-vegas-summer-league-schedule-breakdown-coby-white-bulls-talen-horton-tucker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 37520

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
Quote:
Jonathan Givony
@DraftExpress
LA Lakers are starting to fill out their summer league roster with guards. Joe Young (Oregon) who averaged 36 ppg in China this past season, will be joined by Dakota Mathias (Purdue), who played in Spain.


The roster is rapidly coming together. So far, so good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 38076
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
Bryan Kalbrosky @BryanKalbrosky
Some summer league news, per source: MiKyle McIntosh (Oregon) will play for the Indiana Pacers. Peter Jok (Iowa) will play for the Orlando Magic. Dakota Mathias (Purdue) will play for the Los Angeles Lakers.


great....really was interested in him last year when he went undrafted. Shot 42% from 3 over a 4 year career @ Purdue....47% from 3 as a Senior on 6 attempts per game. He was a pure sniper!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 13522

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject:

John Stockton’s son David is on the Lakers summer league team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 33096

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
Quote:
Jonathan Givony
@DraftExpress
LA Lakers are starting to fill out their summer league roster with guards. Joe Young (Oregon) who averaged 36 ppg in China this past season, will be joined by Dakota Mathias (Purdue), who played in Spain.


The roster is rapidly coming together. So far, so good.


Wow finally got Joe Young after all these years
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

For us anything short of a championship is not success.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Dec 2011
Posts: 23510

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
John Stockton’s son David is on the Lakers summer league team.


That’s great news! Met him at the D-league a few years back, couldn’t have been a kinder person. Hope he’ll be on a roster to start the season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 38076
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
John Stockton’s son David is on the Lakers summer league team.


That’s great news! Met him at the D-league a few years back, couldn’t have been a kinder person. Hope he’ll be on a roster to start the season.


on the real roster? He was not very good in college and he is probably closing in on 30 at this point. Small (under 6', slow and could not shoot at all).
Honestly, I do not think he is in SL if his name is David Smith.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2001
Posts: 3282

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Has anyone mentioned Nick Perkins yet?

https://www.ubbullrun.com/2019/6/21/18701596/nick-perkins-signs-with-the-lakers-for-summer-league
_________________
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. --Mark Twain

Phil Handy deserves a raise. Where ever he goes, players seem to develop surprisingly quick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 38076
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
Has anyone mentioned Nick Perkins yet?

https://www.ubbullrun.com/2019/6/21/18701596/nick-perkins-signs-with-the-lakers-for-summer-league


wish we could have got his teammate CJ Massinburg who signed with the Nets
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief


Joined: 07 Sep 2001
Posts: 36903
Location: O.C.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Tix purchased.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 2 of 18
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB