Official LA Lakers Summer League Thread (Las Vegas: Game #5 - Lakers v Warriors 7/12/19)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 36662

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Bill Bertka spreading that wisdom & knowledge. Congrats Coack B!

Bill Bertka Receives Lifetime Impact Award

https://www.nba.com/lakers/news/190710-berkta-lifetime-impact-award-nbca
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 12180

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Wow. Did you see the sweat spray off that headband? That was impressive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 37655
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Well when we had good summer league teams we sucked in the regular season. So this is a good sign.


yeah, when I say we are bad, I mean more so in that I have seen very few times where one of our players flashed NBA ability. In recent years, we have had guys we did not even contract that would have moments that made you go...."hmm, that was a NBA move", and I just have not seen that much this year. I do not care much that we are losing....the Knicks have 2 lottery picks (Knox, Barrett) on the court with an All Rookie guy (Mitchell Robinson).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 12978

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Wow. Did you see the sweat spray off that headband? That was impressive.


Good thing he was throwing the guy's own sweat at him because that was disgusting... lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 37655
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject:

ejected from a summer league game
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 12180

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Wow. Did you see the sweat spray off that headband? That was impressive.


Good thing he was throwing the guy's own sweat at him because that was disgusting... lol


I wonder if it ricocheted onto the ref and that's why she ejected him. That was a load
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 36662

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject:

End of 3rd Qt:

Lakers - 66

Knicks - 95
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 32458

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/gifdsports/status/1149151783161384961

That was wet.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

For us anything short of a championship is not success.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Heyvoon24
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 3929

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject:

This old announcer is annoying AF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 37655
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject:

has David Wear been on the roster the whole time?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 32458

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
has David Wear been on the roster the whole time?


As a coach?
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

For us anything short of a championship is not success.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 37655
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
adkindo wrote:
has David Wear been on the roster the whole time?


As a coach?


huh? Isn't that Travis's twin bother out there playing for us?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 36662

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Heyvoon24 wrote:
This old announcer is annoying AF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 37655
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Heyvoon24 wrote:
This old announcer is annoying AF


sounds like Dan Dakich?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LBJ23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 5613

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Heyvoon24 wrote:
This old announcer is annoying AF


sounds like Dan Dakich?


Hate that guy
_________________
Previously PG13
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 36662

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Zach Norvell w/ 20 points (4-6 treys)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 36662

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject:

FINAL:

Lakers - 96

Knicks - 117
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 7439

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Well when we had good summer league teams we sucked in the regular season. So this is a good sign.


yeah, when I say we are bad, I mean more so in that I have seen very few times where one of our players flashed NBA ability. In recent years, we have had guys we did not even contract that would have moments that made you go...."hmm, that was a NBA move", and I just have not seen that much this year. I do not care much that we are losing....the Knicks have 2 lottery picks (Knox, Barrett) on the court with an All Rookie guy (Mitchell Robinson).




Is it because there was limited talent in the new incoming group to the NBA or the FO/scouts missed on assembling a decent team from the undrafted?

Have you seen some undrafted on other teams that could make it to the NBA?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 37655
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Well when we had good summer league teams we sucked in the regular season. So this is a good sign.


yeah, when I say we are bad, I mean more so in that I have seen very few times where one of our players flashed NBA ability. In recent years, we have had guys we did not even contract that would have moments that made you go...."hmm, that was a NBA move", and I just have not seen that much this year. I do not care much that we are losing....the Knicks have 2 lottery picks (Knox, Barrett) on the court with an All Rookie guy (Mitchell Robinson).




Is it because there was limited talent in the new incoming group to the NBA or the FO/scouts missed on assembling a decent team from the undrafted?

Have you seen some undrafted on other teams that could make it to the NBA?


that is a very good question....I honestly have not watched enough SL in general this year to have an educated opinion. In recent years, I probably watched near 50% of all the games...but this year mostly just the Lakers games and 3 or 4 others.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 32458

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
epak wrote:
adkindo wrote:
has David Wear been on the roster the whole time?


As a coach?


huh? Isn't that Travis's twin bother out there playing for us?


Oh, he's playing? LOL.
They mentioned he was on the bench the last game the played against Travis.
I assumed he was coaching
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

For us anything short of a championship is not success.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CaCHooKa_Man
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2004
Posts: 1515

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Team Highlights:

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMiT40-famY

1st Quarter Team Highlights:

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDGNOkqBcqM

2nd Quarter Team Highlights:

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X_zXX3snkU

1st Half Team Highlights:

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeenLaHXT3U

3rd Quarter Team Highlights:

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD_FJadrL8Y

4th Quarter Team Highlights:

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O71ZCKCOBE8

2nd Half Team Highlights:

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiimRLsNqog
_________________
YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 37655
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
adkindo wrote:
epak wrote:
adkindo wrote:
has David Wear been on the roster the whole time?


As a coach?


huh? Isn't that Travis's twin bother out there playing for us?


Oh, he's playing? LOL.
They mentioned he was on the bench the last game the played against Travis.
I assumed he was coaching


it was him because I had to take a double look....I could not figure out how we got Travis from GSW's SL team. Then I recalled he had a twin brother that is not as good. Looked at box score....and there it is....D. Wear played 15 minutes.

Btw, I still think Travis Wear is better than some players that will have NBA contracts this season....I might of even preferred him over someone like Daniels. Seems like some guys just never get the break.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 32458

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:49 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
epak wrote:
adkindo wrote:
epak wrote:
adkindo wrote:
has David Wear been on the roster the whole time?


As a coach?


huh? Isn't that Travis's twin bother out there playing for us?


Oh, he's playing? LOL.
They mentioned he was on the bench the last game the played against Travis.
I assumed he was coaching


it was him because I had to take a double look....I could not figure out how we got Travis from GSW's SL team. Then I recalled he had a twin brother that is not as good. Looked at box score....and there it is....D. Wear played 15 minutes.

Btw, I still think Travis Wear is better than some players that will have NBA contracts this season....I might of even preferred him over someone like Daniels. Seems like some guys just never get the break.


There's gotta be something we in the public dont know which explains why guys we think should be in the league arent.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

For us anything short of a championship is not success.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Jul 2017
Posts: 1875

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:38 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Well when we had good summer league teams we sucked in the regular season. So this is a good sign.


yeah, when I say we are bad, I mean more so in that I have seen very few times where one of our players flashed NBA ability. In recent years, we have had guys we did not even contract that would have moments that made you go...."hmm, that was a NBA move", and I just have not seen that much this year. I do not care much that we are losing....the Knicks have 2 lottery picks (Knox, Barrett) on the court with an All Rookie guy (Mitchell Robinson).




Is it because there was limited talent in the new incoming group to the NBA or the FO/scouts missed on assembling a decent team from the undrafted?

Have you seen some undrafted on other teams that could make it to the NBA?


that is a very good question....I honestly have not watched enough SL in general this year to have an educated opinion. In recent years, I probably watched near 50% of all the games...but this year mostly just the Lakers games and 3 or 4 others.


I am the opposite. Watched more of the other teams than the Lakers. This team was just too hard to watch.

Did not see any player really standout that is unaffiliated to an NBA team. Jock Landale looks serviceable as a stretch 5. His 3pt shot looks solid and he has decent athleticism.

Svi looked good shooting and playing some pseudo PG. Oh wait never mind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Jul 2017
Posts: 1875

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:41 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
epak wrote:
adkindo wrote:
epak wrote:
adkindo wrote:
has David Wear been on the roster the whole time?


As a coach?


huh? Isn't that Travis's twin bother out there playing for us?


Oh, he's playing? LOL.
They mentioned he was on the bench the last game the played against Travis.
I assumed he was coaching


it was him because I had to take a double look....I could not figure out how we got Travis from GSW's SL team. Then I recalled he had a twin brother that is not as good. Looked at box score....and there it is....D. Wear played 15 minutes.

Btw, I still think Travis Wear is better than some players that will have NBA contracts this season....I might of even preferred him over someone like Daniels. Seems like some guys just never get the break.


He was listed on the roster for the LV SL. He was added after Rosco Allen dropped off after the California SL. Just never played until this game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 15 of 18
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB