And the trade rumors are over !!!!!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: And the trade rumors are over !!!!!

Thank God the trade rumors are over. I am addicted to LG and I have not looked at the site since Tues night. The way people diss are players but want players like Penny, Darko, Cato is ridiculous. I'll even take Kwame over all three of those players above. Kwame atleast has a better NBA body than Darko although, which one has better skills is debateble. Kwame on D and Darko on O?

But atleast Odom can finish the season atleast knowing he will be in P&G for the remainder of the season. Probably longer with this much triangle knowledge invested into him. Im glad George can finish the season in P&G and possibly resign for the other half of the MLE.

I mean why are people dissapointed. This is YEAR ONE and we expected to be at best a 6-8 seed. We are the 2nd youngest team in the league without Mickie. I am happy this team, with the lack of triangle knowledge, is even above .500 at this point. I did not think we would squeak into the playoff race until after the all-star break with a favorable schedule.

We are rebuilding for now, but also for the years after Kobe despite popular opinion. I am willing to wait until 08 for contention. I mean last time we waited from 89-00 (11 years). 02-08 is not bad for contention once again and I am willing to rebuild. Lets develop are young talent and hopefully S&T in 07 for a big name or FA in 08.

Realistically in 08, I see this team with after 4 core years of team chemistry, competing and only getting better with pick-ups. You win a championship with players in their primes IMO. It gives you a 4-6 year window. The Spurs got lucky

Hinrich(27)
Kobe(29-30)
Odom(27)
Mihm (29)
Bynum(21)

This team competes with an above average bench and 31/5/5 production from Kobe. 35/6/4/2 from Kobe and we win the championship.

All in all, thank God trade rumors are over.
golden1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I guess the Laker organization likes this crap team?? (Except Kobe) Go figure??!!
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject:

And thank God this site is back up. I was forced over to CL this afternoon and they're all acting like its the end of the world because we didn't make the big trade that all of their insiders were claiming was going to happen. Glad I don't live in L.A. anymore as I think the CL members are going to organize some sort of riot. Bunch of whiney babies.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: