$32 Million Cap Space - Lakers trade Wagner, Bonga, Jones to WSH, and Davis waives kicker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:22 am    Post subject:

I don't think going overboard is the play either right now, he has to be given a chance.

Getting a big name FA and the signings after that will tell me more about Pelinka, is he capable of building a championship team?

We'll see, I'm certainly excited.
Bishop*
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:23 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
LAL has new meaning for ESPN and other sports media today...

Handing out (L)oss (A)fter (L)oss to the Woj's, Brian Windhorst's, Stephen A's, Rachel Nichol's, Ramona Shelburne's, Bobby Mark's, Chris Mannix's, etc of this world.

Good job, Rob!

I don't know who in the FO is pissing Ramona Shelburne off but all of a sudden she is being salty about the lakers.

Watch her body language on tv and you will know something is up with her. She use to be on our side.
gooner
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:05 am    Post subject:

Bishop* wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
LAL has new meaning for ESPN and other sports media today...

Handing out (L)oss (A)fter (L)oss to the Woj's, Brian Windhorst's, Stephen A's, Rachel Nichol's, Ramona Shelburne's, Bobby Mark's, Chris Mannix's, etc of this world.

Good job, Rob!

I don't know who in the FO is pissing Ramona Shelburne off but all of a sudden she is being salty about the lakers.

Watch her body language on tv and you will know something is up with her. She use to be on our side.

I suspect that during all the negative reporting, Rob and the Lakers were not commenting on anything. The sports reporter's calls were not answered. This may have been intentional--Rob giving them the rope to hang themselves. Or it may have been the Lakers didn't want any leaks potentially ruining negotiations. Probably a bit of both.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject:

Stephen A. Smith seems to be the only one who want to see the super mega team of the Lakers.

Even Max "fake Laker's fan" Kellerman is jumping on the Clippers bandwagon and SAS is fighting him

Can't wait for today's SAS show.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Stephen A. Smith seems to be the only one who want to see the super mega team of the Lakers.

Even Max "fake Laker's fan" Kellerman is jumping on the Clippers bandwagon and SAS is fighting him

I forgot which reporter it was who recently said their clicks and ratings are way higher when the Lakers are bad. These guys have been feasting for the last 6 years and got fat off the Lakers' misery. Kawhi signing here would be like someone taking their 6-layer chocolate cake away. They scared.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

SAS said he wants Kawhi in LA, Clippers or Lakers so he can be physically in LA.
Max said he wants Kawhi on the Lakers because he's a Lakers fan.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

SAS said he wants Kawhi in LA, Clippers or Lakers so he can be physically in LA.
Max said he wants Kawhi on the Lakers because he's a Lakers fan.

Max only said that in the end, but his whole 10 min segment was Kawhi to Clippers. But more importantly who cares what Max says really, it's SAS who knows something and he's pro Kawhi to Lakers.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject:

Can the Buss please buy staples and evict the clippers? I'm so sick of hearing about them!

Go to Anaheim already!
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:24 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:
I want every single person who whined and complained about Rob Pelinka "screwing up" the AD trade to apologize right here, right now. Including media members (yes, that means you - Ramona Shelburne, Woj, Bobby Marks, Brian Windhorst).

I already apologize for doubting him after getting the AD deal done. I also defend/ed what went out. If you get a chance at a 26 yr old superstar big, you have to go big. If we get Kawhi, Pels is the proverbial MAN. Total resurrection of his image. Magic may have to apologize before all is said and done. AD waiving his kicker intrigues me. Why the hell would he bother doing that and why would we bother getting rid of everything else to get 32 mill? Gotta be something big. Closing the deal is gonna be a feat worthy of recognition. ABC/AIDA. Frankly, I'm surprised there was a team out there who would take Wagner, etc. May be a team across the continent, but still.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:25 am    Post subject:

AD waived his kicker so that KCP could get a cool $8 million instead of the room exception.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

So far we cleared $32m just to sign Green, Cook, and KC freaking P.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject:

Give AD his money back I say.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Give AD his money back I say.

co-sign.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16
Jump to: