Is there any doubt now that Pelinka is a great GM?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:04 pm    Post subject:

The Rondo signing stunk, especially now that they're moving Lebron to the point, but the other guys brought back we're fine.

KCP was overpaid (Klutch tax) but if he's gonna be asked to be a backup then I'm fine with it. McGee was very good in the first half and at the tail end of the season. Pneumonia zapped him pretty good for a while and he struggled when he returned. I don't think they'll happen again.
KawhiIsGarbage
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:31 pm    Post subject:

He's no Jerry West.

I'd hardly consider Pelinka "great".
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
The Rondo signing stunk, especially now that they're moving Lebron to the point, but the other guys brought back we're fine.

KCP was overpaid (Klutch tax) but if he's gonna be asked to be a backup then I'm fine with it. McGee was very good in the first half and at the tail end of the season. Pneumonia zapped him pretty good for a while and he struggled when he returned. I don't think they'll happen again.

The only complaint I have are Rondo and Cousins. I really doubt that either were signed for their talent.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

The only complaint I have are Rondo and Cousins. I really doubt that either were signed for their talent.

I'm pretty sure Rondo was signed in part as a way to recruit Cousins as well. That'll probably make you even less happy with the signings.
HBLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

I'm pretty sure Rondo was signed in part as a way to recruit Cousins as well. That'll probably make you even less happy with the signings.

Yeah, team chemistry is a big no-no. Need that locker room drama to light some fire!
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject:

HBLaker wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

Yeah, team chemistry is a big no-no. Need that locker room drama to light some fire!

The point was VLF didn't want either and instead we got both.
HBLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
HBLaker wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

The point was VLF didn't want either and instead we got both.

Eh... he bets black I’ll take red.
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
LaxT wrote:

The FO has turned like ten years of 1st rounders into AD the recent signings of veteran. Pelinka is definitely under pressure to win now. If the Lakers win the trophy or the Western Conference, he will be fine. Otherwise, watch out.

Even if he stays as GM one year from now, the task will only become more difficult. Very limited tools to meet a sky high expectation.

This doesn't have anything to do with Pelinka. It's because Lebron is in a rush to win before he gets too old.

Me too. It has been 10 years. Win now - I am not getting any younger.

Magic/Pelinka signed LBJ, and failed miserably in year one. I don't think you can say "this doesn't have anything to do with Pelinka."

Dr. Laker--
Remember the Nets. You may have to endure another rebuild sooner than later when you get older.

The window is two years, before LBJ opts out, or fades. Only the MLE to use next July, and DMC a FA, I doubt they improve much with that. There is nearly no tool to improve from outside-- draft, trade, cap space. How much can this group of veterans improve from within in the next two years?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Page 21 of 21
Jump to: