Summer 2006 - 2007 plan dead?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WorthyTomahawk
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Summer 2006 - 2007 plan dead?

Trade deadline has passed and the lakers have lost the value of Salva & Devean's expiring contracts.

It looks the laker organization is not willing to confirm or deny guarenteeing the 3rd year of Kwame's contract.

If that is true then then the 2007 plan is dead and so is the prospect of signing a free agent like Bosh, other than thru S&T (unlikely unless Bosh asks to be moved to the lakers which also unlikely with the Coangelo move)

The only real trade that could help the Lakers is the KG sweepstakes that we are probably competing against the Knicks.

What do we do this summer?
- we have to resign Devean
- use MLE to get another 3pt shooting guard, like Mike James (another knick target)
- if we can't get a great guard, then consider a MLE affordable PF like Wilcox or Songaila (long term Cook is playing better than both)

Seems like we are not really stockpiling the right pieces for he big trade.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Summer 2006 - 2007 plan dead?

WorthyTomahawk wrote:
Trade deadline has passed and the lakers have lost the value of Salva & Devean's expiring contracts.

It looks the laker organization is not willing to confirm or deny guarenteeing the 3rd year of Kwame's contract.

If that is true then then the 2007 plan is dead and so is the prospect of signing a free agent like Bosh, other than thru S&T (unlikely unless Bosh asks to be moved to the lakers which also unlikely with the Coangelo move)

The only real trade that could help the Lakers is the KG sweepstakes that we are probably competing against the Knicks.

What do we do this summer?
- we have to resign Devean
- use MLE to get another 3pt shooting guard, like Mike James (another knick target)
- if we can't get a great guard, then consider a MLE affordable PF like Wilcox or Songaila (long term Cook is playing better than both)

Seems like we are not really stockpiling the right pieces for he big trade.

My bet is this team will look a lot like it does today this time next season and I for one am ok with that. Kobe, Odom, Kwame, Mihm, Bynum, Turiaf, Cook, & Sasha will all likely be in Laker uniforms at the Feb 2007 trade deadline. I think the "trade-happy" folks are in for quite a bit of disappointment over the next year as it seems pretty evident that the Lakers are going to be patient enough to let these guys develop in the system. Many don't want to believe the words as being the truth when Phil, Mitch, & even Kobe say them, but the Lakers are going to be PATIENT with this bunch, and I think it'll pay great dividends come 2008.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: