Is Riley tapping the Laker's phone?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iml84myd8s
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Is Riley tapping the Laker's phone?

It’s starting to look like Riley is tapping the Lakers phones?

Ok...Riley grabbing Derek Anderson is somewhat of a minor move. However, if you consider Riley is getting whoever he wants, add it all up and it is pretty amazing!

It seems like ever time the Lakers are in discussion with a player, five minutes later it comes out that the Heat are now after that player. Not to mention, Riley’s biggest “snake in the grass” move...Shaq. If Riley is getting a player from the Lakers, he’s trying to derail the Laker’s move by creating smoke screens or grabbing the player first. It's getting old.

It appears like Riley is being vindictive towards the Lakers organization or Jerry Buss for something that may have happened in the past. There is not another team that has been involved with as many of the Lakers moves, as the Heat have been lately.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Before Shaq left, I'm pretty sure he wired up something for Riley. Makes sense.
golden1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Yeah same thing with Jason Kapono, as soon as it was known Lakers were interested, bang he's a Miami Heat.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Man this sucks. Time to renovate the entire Laker Building!
iml84myd8s
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Most of the time, Riley is probably leaking smoke screens. But what the f'k. The past two years, it seems like it's every time!

Maybe there is more to why Riley turned down Buss for the Lakers head coaching job.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Riley just uses the Burger King strategy for development. Wait for McDonalds to do all the research and then open a restuarant across the street. It's effective in the short term, until you figure out just why McDonalds chose the side of the street they did. Funny how all those Burger Kings keep closing. I wouldn't be too worried about Riley over the long haul...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
bigdog2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Riley tapping the Laker's phone?

iml84myd8s wrote:

Ok...Riley grabbing Derek Anderson is somewhat of a minor move. However, if you consider Riley is getting whoever he wants, add it all up and it is pretty amazing!

It seems like ever time the Lakers are in discussion with a player, five minutes later it comes out that the Heat are now after that player. Not to mention, Riley’s biggest “snake in the grass” move...Shaq. If Riley is getting a player from the Lakers, he’s trying to derail the Laker’s move by creating smoke screens or grabbing the player first. It's getting old.

It appears like Riley is being vindictive towards the Lakers organization or Jerry Buss for something that may have happened in the past. There is not another team that has been involved with as many of the Lakers moves, as the Heat have been lately.

Maybe Riley has inside information.
iml84myd8s
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Riley just uses the Burger King strategy for development. Wait for McDonalds to do all the research and then open a restuarant across the street. It's effective in the short term, until you figure out just why McDonalds chose the side of the street they did. Funny how all those Burger Kings keep closing. I wouldn't be too worried about Riley over the long haul...

Funny analogy!

Once Riley stops getting everyone he wants, then I’ll stop worrying as much. Or, once the Lakers actually start getting the players they want. I’d prefer both but will take the latter of the two.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject:

If it's true, then Mitch should get on the phone and aggressively pursue Rodman, Sprewell, Isiah Rider, Brian Grant and Stephon Marbury.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject:

good call Ziggy. Mitch should complain that the reason they didn't make a move for DA was that his contract was too short, maybe Riles gives him a 5 year deal.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Maybe President Bush is tapping the Lakers phones, then relaying the info to Riley.
2The4th
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Riley gave Mitch something in the showtime era. Althought old, still working somehow.
shane
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject:

if i was riley, i'd be tapping some of those heat dancers instead.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Riley tapping the Laker's phone?

bigdog2 wrote:

Uh oh. Time to go make a thread and call him out. BRB
Das
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Riley tapping the Laker's phone?

bigdog2 wrote:
iml84myd8s wrote:

Prolly from Jack Haley or Lionel LOL. Sorry Lionel, don't banned me.
samsl
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
If it's true, then Mitch should get on the phone and aggressively pursue Rodman, Sprewell, Isiah Rider, Brian Grant and Stephon Marbury.

Kandi too!

There were some rumors about Antoine to the Lakers over the summer.
The Heat are on the hook for at least $31M for four years now, with a team option for $21M for two more years.

Riles has gotten talent to Miami, and he has probably sunk any real shot at a championship for the next 6 years in the process.

hehe

for 2007-08: The Heat have $44M committed to Snaq, White Chocolate Cancer, Antoine Dark Chocolate Cancer and Haslem. And they still have to shell out $5M for Wade. That's probably the salary cap for their starting five, 60% of which is cancerous (64% by weight bc of Snaq).

If Sun Yue is the Chinese Magic Johnson...I'm the Chinese Brad Pitt...
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject:

samsl wrote:
for 2007-08: The Heat have $44M committed to Snaq, White Chocolate Cancer, Antoine Dark Chocolate Cancer and Haslem. And they still have to shell out $5M for Wade. That's probably the salary cap for their starting five, 60% of which is cancerous (64% by weight bc of Snaq).

You may as well count Doleac's $3 mil player option. Where else is he going to get that kinda money?
lakers_less_340+
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Is Riley tapping the Laker's phone?

iml84myd8s wrote:

If you remember, Shaq kept saying he wanted that player or this player after it was made known the Lakers were pursuing them. So I don't think there is any wire tapping going on or some covert operation.

With the moves the Heat are making, it clear they are focused on "now", the Lakers on the other hand are looking at the future, which is why they are never out of the loop for long! Check our history and you'll see.

BTW, How many rings does Riles have since he left the Lake show? Zero! Nuff said!

Last edited by lakers_less_340+ on Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject:

We had better hope that Riley isn't interested in KG this offseason.
lakers_less_340+
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

KG is not a free agent this year or next or the one after that. I believe he is under contract till 2009. So will Riles start taking this team apart to make that trade, assuming he is after KG or KG is on the market! Best to wait till we cross that bridge!

Last edited by lakers_less_340+ on Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Canuck
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject:

Well it's a good thing we have an incompetent idiot like Mitch running the show cuz all Riley is getting are has beens. Imagine if we had a real GM??? Riley would be stealing quality players then!
lakers_less_340+
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject:

Also, whoever they would trade will have to have comparable salaries. I worked up one trade in ESPN's trade checker

Minnesota Timberwolves

Incoming Players
Dorell Wright
Salary: $1,238,640 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 0.9 REB: 1.0 AST: 0.1 PER: -2.69

James Posey
Salary: $5,900,400 Years Remaining: 0
PTS: 7.6 REB: 5.0 AST: 1.4 PER: 9.23

Antoine Walker
Salary: $6,884,000 Years Remaining: 5
PTS: 12.2 REB: 5.3 AST: 2.2 PER: 14.63

Udonis Haslem
Salary: $5,000,000 Years Remaining: 4
PTS: 9.1 REB: 7.6 AST: 1.2 PER: 12.70

Outgoing Players: Kevin GarnettMiami Heat

Incoming Players
Kevin Garnett
Salary: $18,000,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 21.6 REB: 11.9 AST: 4.3 PER: 26.62

Outgoing Players: Dorell Wright, James Posey, Antoine Walker, Udonis
Haslem

Do you think the Heat would pull this trigger?
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject:

lakers_less_340+ wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

KG is not a free agent this year or next or the one after that. I believe he is under contract till 2009. So will Riles start taking this team apart to make that trade, assuming he is after KG or KG is on the market! Best to wait till we cross that bridge!
KG's contract has a players option for 2008-'09 @ 24mil... I believe that makes him a RFA after '07-'08!
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject:

Can somebody please give me proof positive that the Lakers were really after DA if it is possible?!

Cause I'm not tryin to hear that!!!!

Shaq pulled up the petunias at his LosAngeles home and, left because he had to have it that way and wouldn't accept anyplace else. Kapono is the only real steal that I see and that is no big deal...
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Maybe President Bush is tapping the Lakers phones, then relaying the info to Riley.

That's what I was thinking!

Sinister
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: