Room Excpetion Targets
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you prefer?
Boogie
53%
 53%  [ 41 ]
Marcus Morris
42%
 42%  [ 33 ]
KCP
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 77

dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject: Room Excpetion Targets

The room exception targets are getting thin. Who would you prefer out of the remaining realistic targets?

Boogie
KCP
Marcus Morris

The room exception can be for up to 10M/2 years

Edit: McGee, Quin Cook, Jabari Parker, Justin Holiday could also be some more targets. Feel free to list your own.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:18 pm    Post subject:

anyone who votes for KCP needs to watch last season!
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:27 am    Post subject:

Actually I would like Morris. He is the most consistent and will fit the best with our team.
Cousins is also OK.
I do not want to see KCP in Lakers uniform ever again.
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:44 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
Actually I would like Morris. He is the most consistent and will fit the best with our team.
Cousins is also OK.

I think Morris is the best player among those listed, but he also overlaps positionally with the only 3 guys we actually have on our roster.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:12 am    Post subject:

awntawn wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
Cousins is also OK.

I think Morris is the best player among those listed, but he also overlaps positionally with the only 3 guys we actually have on our roster.

True. But if we miss Kawhi just take the best guy available. We do not have so many choices in that case.
But whatever happens I just do not want to see KCP.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:27 am    Post subject:

None of the guys in the poll will take the room exception, there are MLEs still available throughout the league even when the money dries up. Even the Taxpayer's Exception pays more than our $4.8M RE.

I'm ok with McGee, Cook, or Holiday at that price. Trey Burke, Tyler Dorsey, and Shumpert are also options. Ian Clark and Patrick McCaw if we want to go the "former Warriors" route.
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:32 am    Post subject:

Wish there was a guard out there. Morris and Cuzzo not bad for Room but we already cover Forward and Center positions with Lebron, Kuzma and AD (also Kawhi).
nzahir
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:54 am    Post subject:

Morris is a pretty good player, played better than Kuzma last season tbh

But where is the time for him?

AD should play 18 min at the 4
Lebron and Kuzma will split mins at forward spots (66 min total out of the 96 for those two. 84 after AD. 12 min for Morris and then Dudley is insurance).

Any chance we move Kuzma for a good young cheap pg/sg? Not many cheap options who we can match with before season. Spurs wouldnt do white or Murray for him, but I would. In the season though we can attach other deals to match salaries.

I wouldn't be opposed to Morris though if it was for Room up to 8M
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:32 am    Post subject:

I don't get the facination with Boogie. He looked like he had very limited hops, mobility and ability to finish in traffic during the NBA finals.

He deserves no more than a minimum contract.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:50 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
I don't get the facination with Boogie. He looked like he had very limited hops, mobility and ability to finish in traffic during the NBA finals.

I don't get why you think anyone is "fascinated" with Boogie. No one actually wants him (except for probably MJST lol). The team still needs a starting C and he's one of the few options left besides McGee. The Lakers will be inevitably stuck with at least one of them. Will he be expected to produce much? Nope. And I'm sure most can already forsee the potential problems down the line if he were to come here, such as limited minutes unless he plays unexpectedly well and stays healthy. And he'll have to accept his role as a guy who the offense is not being run through most of the time. There's defensive concerns as well, obviously, which were already there when he was healthy and dominating the league, and are now compounded by his even more limited mobility and explosion coming off the injury. Again, it's not that anyone genuinely wants him. Options are just scarce at this point and there's at least some possibility that he could stay mostly healthy and actually play decently.

Last edited by Judah on Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:01 am; edited 3 times in total
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:51 am    Post subject:

Marcus Morris can start
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:55 am    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
anyone who votes for KCP needs to watch last season!

11ppg 3rebs 1.3ast seems like good production for a back up to me. he's worth it.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:56 am    Post subject:

Obviously Marcus Morris
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:38 am    Post subject:

I mean Boogie still avg 16ppg on GS
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject:

DMC because Klutch doesn't deserve to reap the rewards for their clients if they made us trade our entire team to sign their own players.

AD
LBJ
KCP
Marcus
THT

All splitting the three max spaces...

Conflict of interest and disgusting bullsh*t
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject:

Count me in the minority as someone who thinks a good system, and much more talented roster will do wonders for KCP's game. He's a guy who needs a clear roll, where not too much decision making is involved. Anything more than that, and his game starts to fall apart. Play defense, come off screens, hit 3's. As hard as it is to admit he would be a steal for the room exception.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
Count me in the minority as someone who thinks a good system, and much more talented roster will do wonders for KCP's game. He's a guy who needs a clear roll, where not too much decision making is involved. Anything more than that, and his game starts to fall apart. Play defense, come off screens, hit 3's. As hard as it is to admit he would be a steal for the room exception.

KCP got paid.
Overpaid.
He got overrated as some defensive guru aka Curry Stopper because of some stupid YouTube video. Little did we know that his defense sucks balls!

That being said, if he was making $5M, I think we'd be pleased with his last 2 years.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject:

Where is the none of the above option.

Lakers have certainly left themselves exposed waiting for Leonard. Cupboard is almost bare, roster is barren and these are the type choices we will be forced to live with.

Can’t wait to see the cluster**** they put around Davis and James
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject:

Unfortunately we have to wait.

Who gets the room depends on Kawhi IMO and that is why we havent used it.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
slavavov wrote:

I don't get why you think anyone is "fascinated" with Boogie. No one actually wants him (except for probably MJST lol). The team still needs a starting C and he's one of the few options left besides McGee. The Lakers will be inevitably stuck with at least one of them. Will he be expected to produce much? Nope. And I'm sure most can already forsee the potential problems down the line if he were to come here, such as limited minutes unless he plays unexpectedly well and stays healthy. And he'll have to accept his role as a guy who the offense is not being run through most of the time. There's defensive concerns as well, obviously, which were already there when he was healthy and dominating the league, and are now compounded by his even more limited mobility and explosion coming off the injury. Again, it's not that anyone genuinely wants him. Options are just scarce at this point and there's at least some possibility that he could stay mostly healthy and actually play decently.

There is definitely a fascination of Cousins here... he is constantly brought up.
TheKing23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject:

Any goodwill I had for KCP was lost when he shot that 30 footer against Houston in the lat 20 sec without even passing to a red hot BI
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:21 am    Post subject:

I think the thing with Cousins is that we've seen him perform at a much higher level than the other 2 in this poll ever could, before his injury.

Yeah he lacked the output he previously had when he came back from injury last year, but he is still the most talented player available in this poll, and if next year he's more like himself (which is a possibility as he's had more time to heal) then it's a steal.

The so called "fascination" with Cousins is the idea of getting a bargain.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject:

I picked Cousins because AD would prefer to play pf and Cousins would be a good load management piece for AD. We need AD fresh for the playoffs so we're going to need another big body, especially if we don't sign Javale.

Also, there's a good chance we could see Embiid in the finals and we need some size to challenge him.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject:

I don’t know what an excpetion is, or why you need to target it, or even what the room is for, but imma pass on general safety principles.
Kobe24Magic32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject:

I'd take Boogie. I think Morris would likely want more then the RE, and I'm not the biggest KCP guy. I think it's worth a gamble that DMC keeps improving.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: