THANK YOU DANNY GREEN (Traded to Philadelphia, from OKC)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersDC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:39 pm    Post subject:

If Murray doesn't block DG's shot toward the end of regulation, he would no doubt complete the house of bricks he was building all game and we'd lose. We really lucked out on that one.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:52 pm    Post subject:

everyone's saying about DG's "intangibles", what exactly has he brought to the team in the Bubble? for a guy labeled as a 3D type player, he can't shoot nor play defense. not only he can't make threes, he has missed layups, midrange jumpers, free throws regularly. on the defense, he's fouling way too much. the lakers are winning despite of him.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:53 pm    Post subject:

I just noticed lonzo shot a higher 3pt % than DG this year at high volume too lmao
Gile
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:59 am    Post subject: Raptors knew

What kind of player Green is. There is a reason why they did not offer him a contract
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:54 am    Post subject:

waste of 15m
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:57 am    Post subject:

LeSigh
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:58 am    Post subject:

Remember. He agreed to wait for the KL saga. Meaning, he was turning down offers elsewhere. Unlike Moz/Deng, this FO only signed him to a limited 2 year deal. I wish he could be more consistent and productive but I approved of his signing.
Gile
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:35 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Remember. He agreed to wait for the KL saga. Meaning, he was turning down offers elsewhere. Unlike Moz/Deng, this FO only signed him to a limited 2 year deal. I wish he could be more consistent and productive but I approved of his signing.

Question is: Do I still approve?
Watching the 2nd half of game 2 and game 3, I can see that Nuggets are trying to get Murray go one-on-one against Green on offense. Obviously they see Green as a weakest perimeter defender on Lakers roster.

KCP is playing well and he will probably opt out of his contract. Same with Bradley.
If we want to bring them back (we should), we will need to pay them more, probably in in DG range. Question is, can we afford it?

This FO is "great". Next year we are paying Waiters $12M, Green $15M. Money well spent
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:49 am    Post subject:

Gile wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Watching the 2nd half of game 2 and game 3, I can see that Nuggets are trying to get Murray go one-on-one against Green on offense. Obviously they see Green as a weakest perimeter defender on Lakers roster.

KCP is playing well and he will probably opt out of his contract. Same with Bradley.
If we want to bring them back (we should), we will need to pay them more, probably in in DG range. Question is, can we afford it?

This FO is "great". Next year we are paying Waiters $12M, Green $15M. Money well spent

Um no. Waiters was bought out by the Grizz. They are paying his salary next year.

Green is an expiring deal and has a sterling reputation around the league. I think if the Lakers wanted to move him, they can.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:56 am    Post subject:

Guy just looks pathetic out there.
Gile
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:04 am    Post subject:

Yes, Green can be moved if we add a sweetener to the deal. All other teams are watching playoffs and they see how Green is playing. Last year with Raptors, his performance in Eeast finals and against GSW was brutal.
I don't see a contender (or any team) who will trade for Green. Or any other team. At this point he is a contract to match salary in a potential trade

Last edited by Gile on Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Chick-N-Stew
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject:

DG needs to focus on D and take less 3's. H can't hit with any consistency. Weak link last night.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Gile wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Um no. Waiters was bought out by the Grizz. They are paying his salary next year.

Green is an expiring deal and has a sterling reputation around the league. I think if the Lakers wanted to move him, they can.

he needs to be gone in the offseason
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:19 am    Post subject:

I really wanted him in LA and was one of those loudly saying, “Sign him for his defense and three-point shooting.” He hasn’t done as well as I thought he would and I don’t know why. Is it the Lakers system, the lack of one or something else? In SA and Toronto his game looked more fluid. Maybe he was set up better by better coaches.

I get nervous when he puts the ball on the floor or tries to shoot anywhere near the basket. He looks like a fish out of water. I think he’s better spotting up at the three point line and letting it fly once Davis or James get him the ball.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:20 am    Post subject:

Double post.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:38 am    Post subject:

Gile wrote:
Yes, Green can be moved if we add a sweetener to the deal. All other teams are watching playoffs and they see how Green is playing. Last year with Raptors, his performance in Eeast finals and against GSW was brutal.
I don't see a contender (or any team) who will trade for Green. Or any other team. At this point he is a contract to match salary in a potential trade

That's my point. He isn't some sort of team cancer (i.e. Waiters on his deal).

He's an expiring contract, and we have a 1st that was always going to be attached to any salary ballast trade if they go that direction.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:14 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Lakers should have targeted someone else and told them to wait...I know chances were slim of that happening. The reason it happened with DG is cuz no one else wanted him except Dallas. The writing was on the wall in the Toronto championship. He was a disaster in the finals. Yet they still gave him $30 million. The worst part is I don't think he's tradeable. Someone mentioned Olynick for DG...In a heart beat!
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:17 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Gile wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

he needs to be gone in the offseason

Without a doubt...this is priority number two after signing AD.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:29 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lakers should have targeted someone else and told them to wait...I know chances were slim of that happening. The reason it happened with DG is cuz no one else wanted him except Dallas. The writing was on the wall in the Toronto championship. He was a disaster in the finals. Yet they still gave him $30 million. The worst part is I don't think he's tradeable. Someone mentioned Olynick for DG...In a heart beat!

Why is he not tradeable? He's a great locker room guy, solid veteran with championship experience. He's on an expiring deal and the Lakers likely throw in a 1st with him. I think he's easily moveable. What made Deng/Moz so hard to move was a 4 year deal.

I don't think there were many good FAs left by the time Green signed. Lakers had to basically overpay him to stick around and not sign with the Mavs or other teams.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Why is he not tradeable? He's a great locker room guy, solid veteran with championship experience. He's on an expiring deal and the Lakers likely throw in a 1st with him. I think he's easily moveable. What made Deng/Moz so hard to move was a 4 year deal.

I don't think there were many good FAs left by the time Green signed. Lakers had to basically overpay him to stick around and not sign with the Mavs or other teams.

You got any names for possible Green + 2020 1st (late)? Hield is disgruntled but what does Kings need a vet Green for but is DG/Kuz/1st/salary filler enough for a Hield?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:35 am    Post subject:

There are probably a bunch. I personally don't see Green being traded but there are a lot of other players with matching salaries. Question is whether Lakers want to take on deals past 2021.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:49 am    Post subject:

is this the same Denny Green we seen when he was with the Spurs? our version is a guy who can't shoot, can't defend, can't pass, and can't even make routine layups. very clumsy out there, every time he touches the ball something bad bonds to happen.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

With the NBA hurting financially with the virus and China....I don't think teams will trade unless they have a real bad deal they want out of. And I don't think Rob wants to take back $ that takes up cap space. Just my opinion. I think he's a veteran...but solid? Not when you can't make 3's and defend. If I need a good locker guy I'll keep Dudley.
BLF2145
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:17 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

You got any names for possible Green + 2020 1st (late)? Hield is disgruntled but what does Kings need a vet Green for but is DG/Kuz/1st/salary filler enough for a Hield?

No not nearly enough. Kuzma is a okay piece for them but not the asset we thought we had a few months back.

Green/Kuz/1st gets us maybe:
1) Tim Hardway JR (and Mavs liked Green and Kuzma fits that team)
2) Maybe Evan Fournier as Magic can trade Gordon w/Kuz there
3) Terrence Ross (because they have Evan)
4) Maybe Gary Harris as Nuggest have some depth and likely need a PF for next year.

But neither Green or Kuzma really are going to get you a major star in return (Ie Zach LaVine). We either are stuck with them or we are going to take a 2nd
Tier type SG with fillers.

IE Evan Fourier, Magic 2nd, Aminu for Kuz, Green and 1st (plus salary matching). Honestly a player like Evan is the best I think we could get for that package.

Hope I am wrong but I don’t see a lot of teams jumping to take on Green $15m a year unless they just want to unload a bad contract and have some spending for 2021
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Is it time to bench Green and start Kuzma?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 30 of 44
Jump to: