DANNY GREEN officially signs with Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 1935

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Great offensive rebounding tonight in the 3rd Q.


Yep. It was fun watching Houston not box out.
_________________
💜💛 🏆
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 27665

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:17 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Great offensive rebounding tonight in the 3rd Q.


Yep. It was fun watching Houston not box out.

Seriously. Harden especially was super lazy.
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=t3jKtjgRZQY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Cutheon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 9108
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Great game tonight on both ends. His hustle has really been excellent all playoffs, really showed off tonight in that regard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 19 Mar 2019
Posts: 128

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject:

good job #Danny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 9766

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Can we give Danny Green some love. You know there’s nothing to do in the bubble. You know he’s reading this. Danny Green’s jumper looks wet. He slows down Harden enough for Caruso to finish him off. When we play small, he crashes the boards and gets rebounds. Good job Danny Green. Keep it going buddy!
_________________
“You have to dance beautifully in the box that you are comfortable dancing in.” - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 31129

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:18 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Can we give Danny Green some love. You know there’s nothing to do in the bubble. You know he’s reading this. Danny Green’s jumper looks wet. He slows down Harden enough for Caruso to finish him off. When we play small, he crashes the boards and gets rebounds. Good job Danny Green. Keep it going buddy!


Danny Green is a good player but sometimes we forget because he disappears for long stretches but when his game is on he is a very solid 3-D guy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 1935

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Hmm.
I feel like they ran that baseline play to the corner 3 for him more often today than before in the series.
_________________
💜💛 🏆
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 27665

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:25 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Can we give Danny Green some love. You know there’s nothing to do in the bubble. You know he’s reading this. Danny Green’s jumper looks wet. He slows down Harden enough for Caruso to finish him off. When we play small, he crashes the boards and gets rebounds. Good job Danny Green. Keep it going buddy!

+35
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=t3jKtjgRZQY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 4884

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:29 pm    Post subject:

I’m really impressed with his hustle. As long as he doesn’t go for layups and just keeps his shooting and hustle up, I’ll keep eating Danny crow.
_________________
Marcellus Wiley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 19 Mar 2019
Posts: 128

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Good job #DannyGreen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 9766

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:03 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
I’m really impressed with his hustle. As long as he doesn’t go for layups and just keeps his shooting and hustle up, I’ll keep eating Danny crow.


If someone passes to him in the paint, that player should be benched. Not his fault. 😝

Or he can just do 5 step backs and hit a corner three, ala Ray Allen.
_________________
“You have to dance beautifully in the box that you are comfortable dancing in.” - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 53502

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:05 am    Post subject:

He is officially our Derek Fisher.
Slow, can not really make a layup, but suddenly surprises you with defensive plays and good outside shooting.

I dunno, but I think we need a lot from him in the WCF if we play the Clips. If not, then Kuzma has to get some of his minutes.
_________________
26-1-2020
Never forgotten
Mamba mentality will live on forever
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 2762

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:18 am    Post subject:

Good last two games from DG.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 15457

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:21 am    Post subject:

Our trade chip this off season, $16m expiring
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 9766

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Our trade chip this off season, $16m expiring


Dude he’s listening. He just had his best game in the bubble. Say something nice! We need him to win it all! 😝
_________________
“You have to dance beautifully in the box that you are comfortable dancing in.” - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 9766

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:42 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
He is officially our Derek Fisher.
Slow, can not really make a layup, but suddenly surprises you with defensive plays and good outside shooting.

I dunno, but I think we need a lot from him in the WCF if we play the Clips. If not, then Kuzma has to get some of his minutes.


I dunno. That Fisher layup in Boston over 3 Celtics was one for the ages. 😁
_________________
“You have to dance beautifully in the box that you are comfortable dancing in.” - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Theseus
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Dec 2007
Posts: 7577

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject:

He looked really good. He is going to make their guys work offensively and grind it out with them. I think his defense gets better as the series goes on, he is just so consistent with his effort there.

Nailing those big threes, looked like Fisher or Horry with that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 61456

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject:

Wow. His game has definitely picked up the last few games of the Rockets series. Hopefully, he can continue for the next series.

Quote:
Danny Green was +35 in 25 minutes tonight.


https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeyARamirez/status/1304979327428124672
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Cutheon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 9108
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:41 am    Post subject:

Danny killing it in the hustle categories. 5th on the team in screen assists (behind our bigs: Davis, Howard, Caruso, McGee). 2nd in deflections with 24 (Caruso leads with 27). Tied for first with AC in offensive loose balls recovered (3 each). 3rd in contested two point shots (37, Kuz with 38, AD with 69). Tied with AC for second in contested threes (34 each; AD with 45). Second overall in contested shots with 71.

Big offensive rebounding all playoffs, especially the last three against Houston (7 in total from the guard position). Shooting has turned around as well - after shooting 34.6% from three against Portland, he shot 42.3% on 5.2 attempts a game against Houston.

+35 in that final game against Houston. Has had 4 games with a + 10 or more (10, 17, 21, 29). For the playoffs, he is a +88.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 33907

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:51 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Danny killing it in the hustle categories. 5th on the team in screen assists (behind our bigs: Davis, Howard, Caruso, McGee). 2nd in deflections with 24 (Caruso leads with 27). Tied for first with AC in offensive loose balls recovered (3 each). 3rd in contested two point shots (37, Kuz with 38, AD with 69). Tied with AC for second in contested threes (34 each; AD with 45). Second overall in contested shots with 71.

Big offensive rebounding all playoffs, especially the last three against Houston (7 in total from the guard position). Shooting has turned around as well - after shooting 34.6% from three against Portland, he shot 42.3% on 5.2 attempts a game against Houston.

+35 in that final game against Houston. Has had 4 games with a + 10 or more (10, 17, 21, 29). For the playoffs, he is a +88.


This is what guys like Green do to help you win. Most fans don't understand the importance of all this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Mar 2017
Posts: 2794

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Danny killing it in the hustle categories. 5th on the team in screen assists (behind our bigs: Davis, Howard, Caruso, McGee). 2nd in deflections with 24 (Caruso leads with 27). Tied for first with AC in offensive loose balls recovered (3 each). 3rd in contested two point shots (37, Kuz with 38, AD with 69). Tied with AC for second in contested threes (34 each; AD with 45). Second overall in contested shots with 71.

Big offensive rebounding all playoffs, especially the last three against Houston (7 in total from the guard position). Shooting has turned around as well - after shooting 34.6% from three against Portland, he shot 42.3% on 5.2 attempts a game against Houston.

+35 in that final game against Houston. Has had 4 games with a + 10 or more (10, 17, 21, 29). For the playoffs, he is a +88.


This is what guys like Green do to help you win. Most fans don't understand the importance of all this.


A lot of fans are overanalyzing the regular season. It is when it matters that veterans like him stepping up. He usually hit at least 4-5 3 ball in any game of a playoff series. He’s reliable on a real season. He lost a step but still does those little things that annoy other teams as well as ours. He also provide a lot of spacing as opposing teams do respect his shooting even he gets cold at times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 25156

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Maybe he just needed to be with his wife.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Brawn13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 30 Jan 2019
Posts: 580

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Danny Green leaves San Antonio...they collapse. Danny leaves Toronto this year....don’t make the finals again. Kawhi leaves Danny...2nd round exit.

The real mvp folks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 1935

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Danny Green leaves San Antonio...they collapse. Danny leaves Toronto this year....don’t make the finals again. Kawhi leaves Danny...2nd round exit.

The real mvp folks.


He carried those franchises.
That's why he walks like his back is stiff.
_________________
💜💛 🏆
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Feb 2019
Posts: 1940

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:33 pm    Post subject:

One thing Danny always did well was have good effort defensively. I was a critic of his but appreciated his effort on d. Now that his shooting has come around and overall hustle, he’s easily a plus player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 28 of 30
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB