Lakers will be fine.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:19 am    Post subject:

We gave up a lot of defense in the trade and if these guys load manage, we're going to have a hard time making the playoffs.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
lakerboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:21 am    Post subject:

if a 42-45 win season is fine, then we're gonna be yeah.. fine
theblackkurtrambis112
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:17 am    Post subject: we good

Agree with OP, we have the best big man in the league for next 5-7 seasons. I believe Kuz will emerge as the 3rd "Star" in the meantime.

We are good.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:29 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
poppajons wrote:
LaxT wrote:
It will be interesting to see how the two LA teams go from here. Both have two super stars and very limited future assets. Equal challenge for the front offices. The Clippers are no longer "the 2nd LA team". They are neck and neck with the Lakers now.

I may be in the minority here but PG13 is not a superstar

Look how he did with Westbrook. You could say KL is better than Westbrook but I don’t think by much. All in all, I don’t think this clipper tandem will fair any better than Blake, cp3 and DA.

Kawhi alone makes a team better than the Lob City Clippers.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:02 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
poppajons wrote:
LaxT wrote:
It will be interesting to see how the two LA teams go from here. Both have two super stars and very limited future assets. Equal challenge for the front offices. The Clippers are no longer "the 2nd LA team". They are neck and neck with the Lakers now.

Look how he did with Westbrook. You could say KL is better than Westbrook but I don’t think by much. All in all, I don’t think this clipper tandem will fair any better than Blake, cp3 and DA.

With Zubac instead of deandre? a very injury prone galinari and an aging Lou Williams? I’m not so sure about that.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:04 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
poppajons wrote:
LaxT wrote:

With Zubac instead of deandre? a very injury prone galinari and an aging Lou Williams? I’m not so sure about that.

Galinari is on the Thunder now.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:06 am    Post subject:

(bleep) the Clippers! (bleep)! Now I'm gonna be looking forward to beating their asses in the regular season and maybe post season. The rivalry is ON! No more Buck Foston. Now it's Cuck Flippers.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:17 am    Post subject:

I am actually wondering what the starting lineup is?

Lebron Davis McGee’s kuzma green no pg?

Or take mcgee out and start maybe cook or does kuzma come off the bubch
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject:

I think we'll be fine, too. But things certainly got harder.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject:

Wow the amount of ignorance in this thread.

With Durant injured and Lebron old as hell.
Clippers just got 2 of the best (top 5 for sure, maybe top 3) two way players in the league
AD is overall better than Paul George, but it is a wing league.

Giannis is a monster, but not complete offensively like Paul and Kawhi.

Steph is not a two way player.
Klay is injuried, James Harden is not as good of a two way player. Who you got?

Basically just kawhi and Paul George, and both are not ball dominant.
lakerstekkenn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject:

James has won with less talent in Cleveland and beat a fully healthy Golden State Worriers team and now he's got better help with Davis and Kuz and others we will be fine also do you really think Toronto would've beat a healthy Worriers team even with Durant out ?

James ran through that same eastern conference with nobody wen we traded some of our players to Cleveland and he faced Golden State without any help.
lakerstekkenn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject:

Clippers will take us to seven games no matter what unless they get injuries they are tough defensively and deep.

Kawhi bothers James but Davis and boogie and Kuz evens things out.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject:

lakerstekkenn wrote:
James has won with less talent in Cleveland and beat a fully healthy Golden State Worriers team and now he's got better help with Davis and Kuz and others we will be fine also do you really think Toronto would've beat a healthy Worriers team even with Durant out ?

James ran through that same eastern conference with nobody wen we traded some of our players to Cleveland and he faced Golden State without any help.

Better stated:

A younger James has won with less talent in Cleveland and beat a fully healthy Golden State Worriers team and now he's got better help with Davis and Kuz and others we will be fine also do you really think Toronto would've beat a healthy Worriers team even with Durant out ?

A younger James ran through that same eastern conference with nobody wen we traded some of our players to Cleveland and he faced Golden State without any help.
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject:

I have been a Laker fan for nearly 40 years (back to my HS days), but I'm gonna say something that may be a bit contrary. As much of a Laker fan as I am, I also like competition. Obviously I would have loved Kawhi on this team but honestly, that would have been almost unfair. Barring injury, that team would have won the title easily. Him going to the Clips (or even back to the Raps) makes the league more competitive and I will have a greater sense of satisfaction when we win the title AND show the Clippers they are STILL our little brother.

Bring it on!!!
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers will be fine.

poppajons wrote:
Lebron and Anthony Davis is on our team. Yes, Lebron is 35 this year but he is still a dominating force to be reckoned with. Anthony Davis is a 26 year old superstar who has never had a running mate like lebron James.

Danny Green is a solid pickup who is a 3 and D guy, he will hustle and play hard. McGee is a good starting center who will be a great defensive anchor alongside AD. KCP is serviceable and has the tools to be a great defender. No Luke and Vogel should enhance that in KCP.

Kuzma IMO will have a breakout year. I think he’s going to really excel as the 3rd guy. 3rd year and I see big things for him. He’s shown tremendous flashes of stardom in his first 2 years and it’s just about tapping that potential just a bit more. I think he’ll do it next year.

Lakers still have cap space to sign some players and address some needs. We will probably be surprised at some quality guys coming for vet mins. Sure, we missed out on some FAs in the beginning, but there are still some quality players...let’s wait and see what happens.

We didn’t get Kawhi but we are still in great shape. There are plenty of teams that would love to be in our shoes. Let’s get excited for next season and more importantly, get excited to put the beat down on pg13, Kawhi and the Clippers!

I'm with you, man. Great positivity, bro!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: