Official QUINN COOK Thread (Lakers Waive Cook)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2018
Posts: 2013

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:36 am    Post subject:

I'd say it's important to have at least one of Cook/Daniels on the roster, as someone who can be a situational knockdown shooter when needed. Cook probably > Daniels due to his flexibility (Daniels can't play PG), also he seems closer to LBJ and AD so if one needs to be cut for Collison, it's Daniels
Snipes wrote:
Not sure why but I’m always happy when he’s in the game

I agree with this, just seems to be a ball of energy whenever he's on the court, makes him fun to watch
_________________
We did it for Kobe Bean!!!! #17

Last Two Spots: 3rd String PF/C (Mahinmi, O'Quinn, Dedmon, Gibson) + 3rd String PG (Napier, Mudiay, Harrison)
Secured: Dennis Schroder, Montrezl Harrell, Marc Gasol, Wes Matthews, Alfonzo McKinnie, KCP, Markieff Morris
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 41558

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:09 am    Post subject:

Kyle Kuzma and Quinn Cook say the Lakers are extra motivated because they all have something to prove

Quote:
The Lakers never go into a game feeling like the underdog, but they all play with a chip on their shoulder.


https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2020/1/12/21062732/lakers-news-kyle-kuzma-quinn-cook-nba-championship-okc-thunder-postgame-comments
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 41558

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Quinn Cook, Troy Daniels Attend 2020 California Strong Celebrity Softball Game

https://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-robert-horry-quinn-cook-troy-daniels-attend-2020-california-strong-celebrity-softball-game/2020/01/14/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 41558

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Another good game by Quinn!

Stat-Line:
22 points, 9-14 (64.3%), 4-7 3 Pointers, 4 rebounds, +17
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 41558

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:03 am    Post subject:

*Quinn Cook has a breakout game on an otherwise off night for Lakers
https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/story/2020-01-16/lakers-magic-quinn-cook-breakout-game


*Quinn Cook Says LeBron James Gives Him 'So Much' Confidence
https://www.si.com/nba/lakers/news/quinn-cook-says-lebron-james-gives-him-so-much-confidence
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 9248
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:53 am    Post subject:

https://i.redd.it/iny7awtdg9d41.jpg
https://i.redd.it/9t23wtg3j9d41.jpg

Quinn went to the Staples Center Sunday with the fans carrying a Kobe throwback jersey in tears and disbelief


https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/quinn-cook-signing-lakers-ultimate-tribute-his-late-father
Former Warriors point guard Quinn Cook ends every social media post with "RiP DAD."

It's a tribute to his late father, Ted Cook.

Last week, Quinn did something else to honor his father. He signed a two-year, $6 million contract with his dad's favorite team, the Los Angeles Lakers.

Here's Quinn with his #24 jacket and tons of Lakers Gear as a young boy

https://mobile.twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1148359273119768577/photo/2

Just lost another man he truly admired .


I really like this kid.
_________________
"You asked for my hustle, I gave you my heart."


Last edited by ContagiousInspiration on Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2018
Posts: 2013

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:55 am    Post subject:

Geez, I didn't realise how much he truly bleeds for the Lakers until I saw the photos of him outside Staples, much more than a 'chemistry guy'
_________________
We did it for Kobe Bean!!!! #17

Last Two Spots: 3rd String PF/C (Mahinmi, O'Quinn, Dedmon, Gibson) + 3rd String PG (Napier, Mudiay, Harrison)
Secured: Dennis Schroder, Montrezl Harrell, Marc Gasol, Wes Matthews, Alfonzo McKinnie, KCP, Markieff Morris
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 18469
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:59 am    Post subject:

This picture of him standing outside Staples broke my heart.
Right now, he's just one of us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kevin_405
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Posts: 97

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:56 am    Post subject:

I think it is time to start QC or maybe Caruso.

AB, Rondo provides nothing on offense and just takes the team out of the game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Oct 2017
Posts: 3885

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:35 pm    Post subject:

I'm trying my best to make Quinn Cook fit, in a proficient way, on this roster; I really am.

Without a tall ball-handler coming off the bench though, he really only fits with James, but overall he's a difficult fit with the rest of the roster -- always has been.

Caruso could fill the role of tall ball-handler that'd unlock Cook, but that may be a liability.
_________________
A creative scorer, a wing defender, and a shooter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PNWlakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 03 Jun 2005
Posts: 701
Location: PDX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:40 pm    Post subject:

seeing him at SC with a Kobe jersey clenched in his hand amongst fans was tough to see.
_________________
"Friends can come and go, but banners hang forever" -KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
textbook
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Mar 2015
Posts: 1403

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Cook is one of us. He is a good enough shooter and playoff performer to stay on as a 15th guy. He is one of us and should never be traded.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Oct 2017
Posts: 3885

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject:

I agree. It'd be in poor taste to trade him now.

I'm trying to figure out a way to constructively get him in the rotation. That was the nature of my post.
_________________
A creative scorer, a wing defender, and a shooter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
textbook
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Mar 2015
Posts: 1403

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
I agree. It'd be in poor taste to trade him now.

I'm trying to figure out a way to constructively get him in the rotation. That was the nature of my post.



Yes. I don't think he'll be in the rotation (although i'd love for him to instead of rondo). But he will definitely come in handy with spot minutes here and there. We know he can come in and hit big shots in the playoffs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 13408

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:05 pm    Post subject:

I really don’t think Cook is going anywhere. He seems to be close to AD and Lebron.

He seems like he’s respected by the stars, KD and him looked to be sharing a tight knit moment after nets game.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
bruinboy
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 28 Jun 2018
Posts: 19

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Check out QC instagram on Kobe. Respect.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B72CFuagxeV/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2019
Posts: 2027

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:36 pm    Post subject:

no one should be traded. none of this (bleep) matters. next game doesnt matter championship doesnt matter playoffs doesnt matter cetlics clippers doesnt matter none of this (bleep) matters kobes never coming back man (bleep)
_________________
Kobe Forever
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Oct 2017
Posts: 3885

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:25 am    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
no one should be traded. none of this (bleep) matters. next game doesnt matter championship doesnt matter playoffs doesnt matter cetlics clippers doesnt matter none of this (bleep) matters kobes never coming back man (bleep)

I'm a sports junkie, but even I know that watching sports is insignificant and more often than not unhealthy -- it does not matter.

You're absolutely right. However, if you're married to sports, like Pelinka and the Laker business is, you MUST go on.

You and I can give up on watching sports, fine. We'd probably be better people for it, but the Lakers cannot; they have to eventually move on ... not today, not tomorrow, not next week, but eventually they have to get back to their business.

It's the cycle of life of my friend.

I encourage you all to get out and shoot some hoops. I played with my sons yesterday. My airball fadeaways were strangely therapeutic.

In fact, for all y'all dudes who still live in Los Angeles (I don't anymore), y'all should organize a meet up at a random centralized park to play some basketball.

This is such an unprecedented event that I think it gives way to other unprecedented events. A lot of y'all here could really use the comraderie to aid in the healing process.

Watching basketball = mostly insignificant
Playing basketball with friends after a tragedy = priceless

From the beginning of time, our greatest resource is one another.

Be well good people and live each moment as if it were your last.
_________________
A creative scorer, a wing defender, and a shooter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 9248
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:37 am    Post subject:

bruinboy wrote:
Check out QC instagram on Kobe. Respect.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B72CFuagxeV/


Such a nice young man. I really appreciate the integrity of the Men Pelinka chose for our team.

I see Quinn as a Brother or Friend in these trying times.

Thank you Quinn for being YOU.

https://lakersstore.com/collections/quinn-cook

Didn't Gianna wear #2 also.
Instagram
_________________
"You asked for my hustle, I gave you my heart."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AuraStar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 Jun 2001
Posts: 652

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Quinn Cook said he's changing is jersey number from #2 to #28 in honor of Kobe and Gigi.
_________________
“Love is the force that ignites the spirit and binds teams together.” - Phil Jackson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 10245

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:19 pm    Post subject:

PT please
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2005
Posts: 10296
Location: Hoosier Nation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:29 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
no one should be traded. none of this (bleep) matters. next game doesnt matter championship doesnt matter playoffs doesnt matter cetlics clippers doesnt matter none of this (bleep) matters kobes never coming back man (bleep)

I'm a sports junkie, but even I know that watching sports is insignificant and more often than not unhealthy -- it does not matter.

You're absolutely right. However, if you're married to sports, like Pelinka and the Laker business is, you MUST go on.

You and I can give up on watching sports, fine. We'd probably be better people for it, but the Lakers cannot; they have to eventually move on ... not today, not tomorrow, not next week, but eventually they have to get back to their business.

It's the cycle of life of my friend.

I encourage you all to get out and shoot some hoops. I played with my sons yesterday. My airball fadeaways were strangely therapeutic.

In fact, for all y'all dudes who still live in Los Angeles (I don't anymore), y'all should organize a meet up at a random centralized park to play some basketball.

This is such an unprecedented event that I think it gives way to other unprecedented events. A lot of y'all here could really use the comraderie to aid in the healing process.

Watching basketball = mostly insignificant
Playing basketball with friends after a tragedy = priceless

From the beginning of time, our greatest resource is one another.

Be well good people and live each moment as if it were your last.


Amen.
_________________
Not a legend
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tj24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 28 May 2010
Posts: 603

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:00 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
PT please

there's not one thing troy daniels(shooter who cant shoot) and rondo(trash) do better than him

vogel messing up here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Jul 2019
Posts: 918

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:19 pm    Post subject:

tj24 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
PT please

there's not one thing troy daniels(shooter who cant shoot) and rondo(trash) do better than him

vogel messing up here



troy is shooting 38% lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tj24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 28 May 2010
Posts: 603

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:25 pm    Post subject:

scout0_0 wrote:
tj24 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
PT please

there's not one thing troy daniels(shooter who cant shoot) and rondo(trash) do better than him

vogel messing up here



troy is shooting 38% lol

garbage time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB