Dammit, I like our team!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:
KCP has proven time after time that he is unable to close games out. It's not even debatable at this point. Bad Shot selection, horrid inbound passing, bizarre and catastrophic last second decision making, tunnel vision....we've experienced all of it, and that experiment is a failure. He's just not smart enough.

Agree with that, he isn't a closer. But why is everyone sleeping on Bald Mamba and Cook? Cook hit big shots in the playoffs and showed he isn't afraid of the big moment.

not really "sleeping on them" but maybe they aren't really in the convo yet because of the limited sample size...
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
GRE4T ONE wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
As is, the Lakers are the 6th seed and an injury away from missing the playoffs.

Denver, Utah, Clippers, Houston, Portland are all currently better.

So your saying these teams you mention aren’t 1 injury away from missing the playoffs?

They have much better depth than the Lakers.

Lakers also have the oldest star.

Houston is probably the team at risk out of that group.

I disagree about the depth. Yes the Lakers have the oldest star but show me the star who put up better numbers than the oldest star.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Sitting back and thinking on a clippers v lakers series: do they really have anyone who can slow down PG13 or KL? Only 2 who come to mind are Dudley or LBJ but I don’t see either doing that for any length of time.

Clippers will likely be looking for a defense minded big since as constructed they Could have issues v the Laker bigs

I'd put Green on Kawhi and Davis on PG13..

Basically Kawhi & PG are gonna get their points, but if you can keep them around 25 each, who else on the Clippers averages even 10ppg?

Meanwhile, no one on the Clippers is stopping Davis or Boogie and I'm thinking LeBron leads the NBA in Assists next season...!

Lou Williams, Landry Shamet, Harrell.

If you let the Lebron and AD get theirs, who on the Lakers can average 10ppg and get their own shot ?

Kuzma can equal LouWill

Caruso/Cook can outscore Shamet by committee

A healthier Boogie can keep up with Harrell.

Y’all have to look at who’s making these silly statements

The Lakers most def have more scoring power without it’s two stars than he clippers do.

Razors
Lou Williams
Patrick Beverly
Montrez Harrell
Moe Harkless
JaMychal Green
Landry Shamet
Ivaca Zubac
Rodney McGruder
Wilson Chandler

Lakers
Kyle Kuzma
Boogie Cousins
Rajon Rondo
Danny Green
Javale McGee
Quin Cook
KCP
Alex Caruso
Jared Dudley
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Sitting back and thinking on a clippers v lakers series: do they really have anyone who can slow down PG13 or KL? Only 2 who come to mind are Dudley or LBJ but I don’t see either doing that for any length of time.

Clippers will likely be looking for a defense minded big since as constructed they Could have issues v the Laker bigs

I'd put Green on Kawhi and Davis on PG13..

Basically Kawhi & PG are gonna get their points, but if you can keep them around 25 each, who else on the Clippers averages even 10ppg?

Meanwhile, no one on the Clippers is stopping Davis or Boogie and I'm thinking LeBron leads the NBA in Assists next season...!

Lou Williams, Landry Shamet, Harrell.

If you let the Lebron and AD get theirs, who on the Lakers can average 10ppg and get their own shot ?

Kuzma can equal LouWill

Caruso/Cook can outscore Shamet by committee

A healthier Boogie can keep up with Harrell.

Y’all have to look at who’s making these silly statements

The Lakers most def have more scoring power without it’s two stars than he clippers do.

Razors
Lou Williams
Patrick Beverly
Montrez Harrell
Moe Harkless
JaMychal Green
Landry Shamet
Ivaca Zubac
Rodney McGruder
Wilson Chandler

Lakers
Kyle Kuzma
Boogie Cousins
Rajon Rondo
Danny Green
Javale McGee
Quin Cook
KCP
Alex Caruso
Jared Dudley

This Lakers team might even beat the Knicks and a few other bottom feeders
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject:

LouWill averaged 1.3 pts more than Kuzma

Kuzma shot horribly last season... it's more likely he improves and Lou declines due to age.

Caruso and Shamet averaged the same.

Harrell averaged a point more than DMC... but Cousins was still recovering from his injury.

People think Rondo is trash but he's one of the all time great passers... and actually has shooters to pass to this season. He got 8 assists per game playing with the 29th best shooting team from distance... imagine if we are league average what he will average. No Clipper is close to LBJ or Rondo in passing ability.

I don't get how you can think the Clippers are great and the Lakers are trash... there seems to be little difference between the two.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
I am expecting that the Lakers will lead NBA next season in boards and blocks.

Also because of the slow style of play I expect low turnovers per game. If we can lead in these three categories we are on the good path.

I don't think we should slow down the pace. Lebron, AD, Kuz, Rondo and McGee are all at their best in transition. Plus we need to create rhythm and opportunities for all our three point shooters.

Whenever we don't have anything on the break or early offense is when we should look to beat teams up in the paint. Besides that we should be pushing the ball on every possession to maximize our key players.
rst08tierney
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Isn't Rondo the facilitator when LBJ is out?

I also think Caruso will continue to improve.

We don't know where his ceiling is yet.

Can rondo last more then 50 games
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Way to derail a thread. He.

1. Our 6th man now is Ex-starter Kuz. If we got an injury to either LeBron or AD, Kuz will start.

2. Offensively speaking, The great Caruso can do the same or better job that Lonzo did last year and in more than 50 games. Lonzo had lousy handles, fear to contact, straigt line driving, poor shooting and worst Cat's and the poorest offensive body language I have seen.

3. Other teams will have more problems dealing with us than we will have dealing with them.

4. Clippers, especially this year, don't have a chance to even sniff a victory in the 8 games that they will play against us.

Do I like this team??

Of course I like this team. I see them in the top 3 in the conference and above the Clippers.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Rockets roster last year (2nd best team in West):

Harden
Broken down CP3
Capela
Tucker
Gordon
...and then a bunch of minimum guys (literally Austin Rivers, Gerald Green, and Danuel House just signed for the minimum or close to it).

Lakers projected roster:

Lebron
AD
Kuz
Danny Green
Boogie
Mcgee
KCP
...and then a bunch of minimum guys.

Obviously, we're praying that Iggy is added to the list above, but even proceeding without him - we should have enough for a solid rotation around Lebron and AD and overall just as strong of a team as the Rockets, if not better because AD >>>>>>> CP3. Now Harden is likely a more reliable one-man offense than Lebron and probably any other player in the league at the moment, but if you have faith that he can still access another gear in the postseason (which I do), it's not that wide of a gap.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Lebron at 35 isn't carrying us to anything. Our team lacks the depth to be in real contention.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:31 pm    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
i think my biggest issue (besides 1 more wing defender) is that our PGs are very 1 dimensional.

Depends on what that "1 dimension" is..

LeBron will lead the team in Assists...
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:36 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
As is, the Lakers are the 6th seed and an injury away from missing the playoffs.

A lot of Teams are one injury away from missing the playoffs, how far will the Clippers go if Kawhi goes down?

How about the Warriors if Steph goes down?

The Rockets, if Hardin goes down?

The Nets if Irving goes down...
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

A lot of Teams are one injury away from missing the playoffs, how far will the Clippers go if Kawhi goes down?

Nets will make the playoffs without Irving.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Lebron at 35 isn't carrying us to anything. Our team lacks the depth to be in real contention.

If we can get Iggy and Cousins is back to 80-85% of his old self we could win it all. GSW is out of contention. Clippers, Nuggets, Jazz, and Rockets will be our biggest competition in the West. The East will be either Bucks or Sixers. NBA is wide open
rst08tierney
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Lol @ everyone $hittn on Kuzma.....
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:12 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

This! All these teams with 2 superstars or whatever; if they lose one majority of them are in deep trouble. Clippers and to some extent the lakers can hold they own while a Star is down. But rockets, nets, warriors, trailblazers, Celtics, and so on good luck. Especially if it happens in the playoffs
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
I'm just trying to figure out how we plan to compete without starting caliber guards. I didn't think it was even possible for us to sink this low.

We don't have a starting caliber guard on the roster man...

KCP and Danny Green are making a total of 22 million per year. How is this even possible... How did we not offer Kuzma for Dragic? We could absorbed Dragic and still had 10 million in cap space to sign Cousins and been waiting on Iggy.

Danny Green started 80 games for the World Champion Toronto Raptors last season. He is currently on the roster.

Why are you wasting your key strokes on this guy.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject:

At the end of the day we can go back and forth with little nit picks here and there or a bunch of "what ifs" but if people are saying the Lakers have no chance at being a contender they are either trolling or haven't seen the rest of the nba rosters next year. It's absolutely wide open and for the Lakers like all the rest of the possible contenders they will need to have a few things go in there direction to get there but that's a mass problem not just a lakers problem.

Kind of like how I have had several people tell me how lebron is old and ad is injury prone and the clippers are going to dominate haha.. You got Kawhi who literally used having to rest 15-20 games a season as part of his agreement because of his injury concerns and then you have george coming off surgeries of both shoulders and likely wont be ready to go until the pre-season so he wont be doing much this off season and will very likely be rusty at the beginning of the season. until proven otherwise I absolutely consider them contenders as well but it's insane to me how so many people are considering them the obvious favorites over the lakers.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject:

rst08tierney wrote:
Kuzma was a great pick but he also is vastly overrated.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
At the end of the day we can go back and forth with little nit picks here and there or a bunch of "what ifs" but if people are saying the Lakers have no chance at being a contender they are either trolling or haven't seen the rest of the nba rosters next year. It's absolutely wide open and for the Lakers like all the rest of the possible contenders they will need to have a few things go in there direction to get there but that's a mass problem not just a lakers problem.

Kind of like how I have had several people tell me how lebron is old and ad is injury prone and the clippers are going to dominate haha.. You got Kawhi who literally used having to rest 15-20 games a season as part of his agreement because of his injury concerns and then you have george coming off surgeries of both shoulders and likely wont be ready to go until the pre-season so he wont be doing much this off season and will very likely be rusty at the beginning of the season. until proven otherwise I absolutely consider them contenders as well but it's insane to me how so many people are considering them the obvious favorites over the lakers.

Preach
ssiknick833
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
rst08tierney wrote:

Yeah, he has A LOT to improve upon especially defensively.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:34 pm    Post subject:

X-factors next year IMO:

1. Health of AD and Lebron. I'm a bit more optimistic considering Lebron's off-season started more than 3 months earlier than usual.

2. Health of Cousins and/or further emergence of Kuzma. I'm optimistic here that one of these two will work out in our favor.

3. Emergence of one of Quinn, KCP, Rondo, and Caruso as consistent closing options. I'm less optimistic here but it's certainly achievable.

I think our bigs our set between AD, Kuzma, Javale with Lebron and Dudley taking spot minutes. Cousins would just be gravy. In term of the perimeter and with Rondo's improvement from the 3, we no longer have any obvious liabilities on offense, at least 3 guys you'd be unwise to leave open (Green, Quinn, Daniels, maybe Caruso and Korver), and a handful of guys that will make you work for your shot (Dudley, KCP, Caruso, and maybe Iggy/Bradley). Add the high likelihood we will pick up a valuable player soon or at the deadline with the leftover room exception along with Lebron and Rondo's ability to elevate their games in the playoffs and I think we'll be in the contender conversation when it's playoff time.

Finally, the team is setting itself up to be a player in free agency in 2021 (hello Giannis). I could see Lebron taking a paycut at that point of his career to accommodate that.

Last edited by gng930 on Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Are Chandler and Stephenson in their final contract? The names are still in Lakers roster list.
poppajons
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
rst08tierney wrote:

Jury is still out on Kuzma.

He's entering his 3rd year and this season will be the barometer to determine if he's overrated, appropriately rated, or underrated
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma wouldnt have been selected for natinal team? If he had not been perceived worthy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 13 of 17
Jump to: