Quasi-Official BOOGIE COUSINS Thread (Charges Dropped)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Sorry, but I happily take a Dwight Howard over this clown. Threatening to kill his ex. Shoot her..etc....

Arrest warrant issued.

Sorry, but I will take most issues over this but when you beat your girlfriend, wife, or harm children, I feel those are horrible people.

As much as we complain about Dwight, Cousins is a much more serious issue.

Not that this makes Cousins less guilty of anything, but Dwight has 5 kids with 5 different women (in 4 different NBA cities he's lived in) and has had his share of controversy with them over the years as well. He was even prosecuted at some point for abusing one of his childs (hitting him with a belt if I'm not mistaken).

Unfortunately this is a more common thing in the NBA than we are aware of. Most of these players have deep issues in their personal lives. Sometimes things go south hard like Lamar Odom, but a great part of them have stories like Cousins and Dwight.

In the end you really have to appreciate the ones like LeBron. Stable personal life, seems like a great father to his kids and in control of all his stuff. That's also an aspect of greatness IMO.

I think that is very true, I have another level of respect for NBA players and other athletes, who achieve greatness, but are also good fathers, good citizens, and use their fame to help the underprivileged, sick, or non-profit organizations.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Sorry, but I happily take a Dwight Howard over this clown. Threatening to kill his ex. Shoot her..etc....

Arrest warrant issued.

Sorry, but I will take most issues over this but when you beat your girlfriend, wife, or harm children, I feel those are horrible people.

Not that this makes Cousins less guilty of anything, but Dwight has 5 kids with 5 different women (in 4 different NBA cities he's lived in) and has had his share of controversy with them over the years as well. He was even prosecuted at some point for abusing one of his childs (hitting him with a belt if I'm not mistaken).

Unfortunately this is a more common thing in the NBA than we are aware of. Most of these players have deep issues in their personal lives. Sometimes things go south hard like Lamar Odom, but a great part of them have stories like Cousins and Dwight.

In the end you really have to appreciate the ones like LeBron. Stable personal life, seems like a great father to his kids and in control of all his stuff. That's also an aspect of greatness IMO.

I think that is very true, I have another level of respect for NBA players and other athletes, who achieve greatness, but are also good fathers, good citizens, and use their fame to help the underprivileged, sick, or non-profit organizations.

I agree, but that's superhuman status given the profession they're in.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
Time to release him. We're about to lose to centers this year. I don't think Howard sticks

He was never playing a game this season. I'm not sure why this changes anything from a personnel standpoint. If he's released it's only because of optics.

Last edited by greenfrog on Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Arrest warrant issued.

Yes definitely see how lebron had become a mode for kids.

I think I heard wilt Chamberlain brag that he slept with 100 women. In fact I think if you did a study, you will find a correlation for every extra inch of height a nba player has, that is 2 or 3 extra women he slept with.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Had some luck avoiding the Walton stuff, but not enough luck left to avoid the Cousins story.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Not a distraction, right? I think it's safe to say his "NBA" career is over. Maybe he could join Linsanity in Chinese League and turn the Ducks into the Geese.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Not a good move on his part. And Dwight having 5 kids with 5 women is not the same....Dwight didn't beat those women and threaten them, right? He is likely paying very big child support to all of them.

Cousins was pretty stupid here and it will cost him dearly.

Lakers should cut him for sure....
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
https://www.complex.com/sports/2019/08/demarcus-cousins-reportedly-threatened-to-kill-his-baby-mama

It's a wrap if true.

to keep a son from his father should be criminal in itself.

regardless he shouldn't have said what he said. she now claims that he beat her and choked her and now filed a restraining order.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:

I think I heard wilt Chamberlain brag that he slept with 100 women.

That was in a week. Wilt claimed 20,000+ total.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Not a good move on his part. And Dwight having 5 kids with 5 women is not the same....Dwight didn't beat those women and threaten them, right? He is likely paying very big child support to all of them.

Didn't Dwight have sex with children. If he did, I think that is much worse than what Boogie did (not that I condone it).
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Didn't Dwight have sex with children. If he did, I think that is much worse than what Boogie did (not that I condone it).

He'd be in prison for most of his life if he did that.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Umm.. Kinda reckless to be puttin something like that out there. What are you basing this statement on?
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:

I think that was Karl Malone?
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Huh?? Sex with children? Are you thinking of R Kelly perhaps? I never heard that about Dwight. He would be in prison or investigated. Not sure where you got that from but seems like the wrong person.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Dwite is no longer the most embarrassing off-season addition.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Just lets you know:

1. Make good decisions on who you make babies with
2. Make good decisions on voicing bodily harm to people

Moral of the story: Make good decisions?
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:47 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Karl Malone knocked up a 17 year old and a 13 year old when he was 20 I believe. Then he fought the court over having to pay $125/week in child support for the 13 year old baby momma. His son from the 13 year old was NFL OT Demetress Bell. One of his daughters from the 17 year old played in the WNBA. And no, he didn't face any kind of legal trouble for that other than fighting paternity and child support.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
Dwite is no longer the most embarrassing off-season addition.

You need plenty of clowns when the circus comes to town.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject:

So injury or no injury, DMC wasn’t going to play for the Lakers this season and Dwight was coming either way
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Karl Malone knocked up a 17 year old and a 13 year old when he was 20 I believe. Then he fought the court over having to pay $125/week in child support for the 13 year old baby momma. His son from the 13 year old was NFL OT Demetress Bell. One of his daughters from the 17 year old played in the WNBA. And no, he didn't face any kind of legal trouble for that other than fighting paternity and child support.

Are there no statutory rape/child sex laws in Louisiana?
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:35 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

If only you used google....
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:36 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
RG73 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Maybe it was some statute of limitations?

Man, Karl's a scumbag.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:37 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
RG73 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Dude - it's Louisiana.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject:

“I will put a bullet in your head...” Jesus, Boogie; calm down man. Dude acts as if this is the last chance his kid has to attend one of his failed marriage weddings.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
So injury or no injury, DMC wasn’t going to play for the Lakers this season and Dwight was coming either way

Pretty much.

Had high hopes for DMC this season. Not just because he was a Laker but in those Finals game he performed well.

Also reuniting with AD and Rondo I knew he was going to come out with a chip on his shoulder.

New Achilles, new quad muscle, New marriage, new team, new court case, and soon to be new acl
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 58 of 69
Jump to: