BOOGIE COUSINS joins Lakers (Suffers torn ACL, Page 36; Purportedly threatened ex-gf, pg 53)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Zubolo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 09 Jun 2017
Posts: 341

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject:

I also think Javale as a back up can complement him in areas where he's not as effective:
Shot-blocking
Athleticism
Rim running
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Feb 2016
Posts: 1398
Location: Western PA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Someone will overpay him this offseason. Whatever he's reasonably worth, he's gonna make millions more. That's isn't a smart business plan for our offseason

If Boogie is a Laker next season then our plans have probably gone seriously wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
srekal2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 508

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Please. God. No.

It's quite simple.

Before his injury:

He was not an efficient offensive player
He was a bad defender

Torn achilles later...

He's not an efficient offensive player.
He's an even worse defender.

He does not impact winning. He didn't before he tore his achilles, and he won't after. Your case has been denied.


This. For the league minimum, maybe, on second thought, nah.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 11823

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:10 pm    Post subject:

as we saw tonight he just wouldn't fit with our team....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 12978

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
as we saw tonight he just wouldn't fit with our team....


If Brook would fit with our team... DMC would fit with our team.

Cousins is a good passer, can spread the floor, provides some rim protection.

The problem with DeMarcus is his hot temper and crappy attitude.

He has passion, which is good... but he also gets angry which can result in that stupid technical he got and also locker room issues.

If you can get him to buy into a Brook type role... he will be very good for someone.

If he still thinks he's a superstar... he will have the same problems that IT had in Denver.

It would take a strong coach and organization to get that out of him... but skill wise... reduced DMC could be a Brook for us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 11823

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
as we saw tonight he just wouldn't fit with our team....


If Brook would fit with our team... DMC would fit with our team.

Cousins is a good passer, can spread the floor, provides some rim protection.

The problem with DeMarcus is his hot temper and crappy attitude.

He has passion, which is good... but he also gets angry which can result in that stupid technical he got and also locker room issues.

If you can get him to buy into a Brook type role... he will be very good for someone.

If he still thinks he's a superstar... he will have the same problems that IT had in Denver.

It would take a strong coach and organization to get that out of him... but skill wise... reduced DMC could be a Brook for us.


won't play more than 40-50 games a year now and you couldn't count on him to be good to go when you need him ...he's pyrite
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 12887

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject:

I LOVE Boogie!

I PASS on Boogie!

If we are going to spend tens of millions of dollars on a player with health questions, then spend it on:

Kawhi
AD
Kyrie
_________________
There was NO COLLUSION with Russia. Ukraine, Australia, Italy, Britain and others are a different story . . .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 12978

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
as we saw tonight he just wouldn't fit with our team....


If Brook would fit with our team... DMC would fit with our team.

Cousins is a good passer, can spread the floor, provides some rim protection.

The problem with DeMarcus is his hot temper and crappy attitude.

He has passion, which is good... but he also gets angry which can result in that stupid technical he got and also locker room issues.

If you can get him to buy into a Brook type role... he will be very good for someone.

If he still thinks he's a superstar... he will have the same problems that IT had in Denver.

It would take a strong coach and organization to get that out of him... but skill wise... reduced DMC could be a Brook for us.


won't play more than 40-50 games a year now and you couldn't count on him to be good to go when you need him ...he's pyrite


People thought Brook was done too.

I'd rather go after Brook first... try and make up for the insult of last season... but I'm just saying... Cousins' skills don't grow on trees.

If he doesn't try to be old DMC... he could become a solid Brook like player.

Rudy Gay tore his Achilles and is fine at 32, soon to be 33 years of age.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 52563

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject:

I would consider Cousins if the salary was such that it did not get in the way of us signing another major free agent. He can not eat into your cap.

However if I were DC, I would sign with State another year and then hit FA in 2020. He needs to show he can stay healthy and put up numbers on a good team, or in this case a great team, and then he will get some significant offers in 2020 FA.
_________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6Rz0TSprFc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 11823

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
as we saw tonight he just wouldn't fit with our team....


If Brook would fit with our team... DMC would fit with our team.

Cousins is a good passer, can spread the floor, provides some rim protection.

The problem with DeMarcus is his hot temper and crappy attitude.

He has passion, which is good... but he also gets angry which can result in that stupid technical he got and also locker room issues.

If you can get him to buy into a Brook type role... he will be very good for someone.

If he still thinks he's a superstar... he will have the same problems that IT had in Denver.

It would take a strong coach and organization to get that out of him... but skill wise... reduced DMC could be a Brook for us.


won't play more than 40-50 games a year now and you couldn't count on him to be good to go when you need him ...he's pyrite


People thought Brook was done too.

I'd rather go after Brook first... try and make up for the insult of last season... but I'm just saying... Cousins' skills don't grow on trees.

If he doesn't try to be old DMC... he could become a solid Brook like player.

Rudy Gay tore his Achilles and is fine at 32, soon to be 33 years of age.


I'd rather find some young springy dude that's made of iron or fall short trying
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 4572

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject:

For the vet min or exception I would take a 1 year chance on him. But I think he's going to raise his value up in these finals. He really was the X factor for GSW yesterday with his passing and rebounding.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 11823

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:16 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
For the vet min or exception I would take a 1 year chance on him. But I think he's going to raise his value up in these finals. He really was the X factor for GSW yesterday with his passing and rebounding.


he might be the cherry on top but we don't even have the cake frosted..that cherry has a shelf life
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 11573

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:24 pm    Post subject:

people get waaay too hung up over a popular name. And thats all what Cousins is at this point. Even at a supposedly budget salary like 8mil there's other centers I'd prefer.
_________________
(bleep) Kawhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Apr 2017
Posts: 3452

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Boogie & Melo - do it Rob!
_________________
🥛 🍪
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2003
Posts: 4987
Location: Santa Monica

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject:

I'd only be down to sign Boogie to be a backup C at a low price.

We need a defensive-minded starting C who rebounds, protects the rim and throws good outlet passes to help us uptempo the game. Boogie has never been that kind of player.
_________________
"Lindsay Hunter is starting to make Devean George look like John Stockton" - Bill Walton, Game 4 of the 2002 WCFs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 3794

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:44 pm    Post subject:

There is no case
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 6596
Location: Central Valley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
He couldn't make the Kings win when he was at full strength. He couldn't make a great difference with AD and Jrue in NO. Now, with less explosion, quickness, and more years behind him, people encouraged by 2 recently good statistical games on a stacked team, believe he's a good option for starting center.

This smells similar to Mozgov 2.0 from where I'm sitting. But at least he's a big body.


Colin Cowherd, is that you?
_________________
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jul 2005
Posts: 16252

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:10 pm    Post subject:

For the room exception sure.
_________________
"He's a Zen master, so he can speak to you, and he doesn't need a microphone; you can hear him in your head, 'Ron, don't shoot, don't shoot.' Whatever, pow, three. I love the Zen, though."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 12887

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:24 am    Post subject:

Is Boogie still available?
_________________
There was NO COLLUSION with Russia. Ukraine, Australia, Italy, Britain and others are a different story . . .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 105646

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject:

I’m down for boogie. At his price now it shouldn’t be a problem.
_________________
Oh my.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 36857

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject:

Do it Rob!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2001
Posts: 10469

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Is Boogie still available?


I thought he re-upped with GS--though I'm not certain.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2001
Posts: 19328

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject:

I rather we get Morris, and we really, really do need a PG.
_________________
Ringo "You retired too?"
Doc "Not me, I'm in my prime."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 11845

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject:

Nope.

Bad shot selection, unpredictable temperament on court, No defense, bad wheel.

Would rather have Dwight Howard back if a gun was pointed at me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 12887

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject:

j-dawg wrote:
Nope.

Bad shot selection, unpredictable temperament on court, No defense, bad wheel.

Would rather have Dwight Howard back if a gun was pointed at me.


Disagree. Boogie was very efficient (except for 3-pt shooting) last season and could give us a solid 25 minutes. Not a rim runner but VERY physical and will score/rebound well.
_________________
There was NO COLLUSION with Russia. Ukraine, Australia, Italy, Britain and others are a different story . . .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 3 of 62
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB