Quasi-Official BOOGIE COUSINS Thread (Charges Dropped)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Everybody forgetting that Dwight just missed a year with another back surgery?

Fans are desperate, I have no idea why guys like Faried aren’t talked about more, dude is the perfect C for us.

why is he perfect C for us?

Because unlike guys like Howard or Noah he can shoot the 3 ball and plays more like a modern day big.

Um, Faried is a career 22% 3-shooter. Even his 35% for Houston last year was at barely 1 attempt per game.

I wouldn't mind getting him on the basis of his rebounding and hustle alone. But I'm leaning more toward Speights at this point based on his outside shot and his wingspan (7-6 vs. 7-0 for Faried).

As long as we aren’t getting Howard I’m basically fine with any option.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Everybody forgetting that Dwight just missed a year with another back surgery?

Fans are desperate, I have no idea why guys like Faried aren’t talked about more, dude is the perfect C for us.

why is he perfect C for us?

Because unlike guys like Howard or Noah he can shoot the 3 ball and plays more like a modern day big.

Um, Faried is a career 22% 3-shooter. Even his 35% for Houston last year was at barely 1 attempt per game.

I wouldn't mind getting him on the basis of his rebounding and hustle alone. But I'm leaning more toward Speights at this point based on his outside shot and his wingspan (7-6 vs. 7-0 for Faried).

As long as we aren’t getting Howard I’m basically fine with any option.

I would give Dwight a look. He was pretty good in 2018, 16 and 12....Sure he didn't play last year...but at least a look, when Memphis buys him out.. Faried I like but he can't guard bigs like Embid, Jokic etc. Even McGee is too light for them. Noah and Bron don't get a long so forget that. It's slim pickens guys.

Dwight (when bought out)
Faried
Amir Johnson
Gortat
Nene

Only guys that make sense
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Zu right about now would be really helpful
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Joakim Noah

Marreese Speights (if his China deal can be bought out)

Amir Johnson

Greg Monroe (if his Euroleague deal can be bought out)

Was thinking Nene - but looked at his pic and there's as much gray in his beard as there is black.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Joakim Noah

Amir Johnson

Was thinking Nene - but looked at his pic and there's as much gray in his beard as there is black.

Ageism, Lol
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Joakim Noah

Amir Johnson

What's Amir Johnson's expertise... defense?
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Mejri or Speights pref
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:

More like Chandler.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:

Just another one of Magic's stupid mistakes.

Magic seems to give away players who turn into all stars like DLO.
And Williams and Zubac will come back to haunt the Lakers with the Clippers.
Even Randle and Lopez.

He is a great player but not a good manager.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Good thing we have Ivica... nevermind...

good thing we got rid of him because hes not worth 7mil a year.....

Yeah, we might lack talent but at least we’re cheap.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Why do they need to sign another traditional center (not to mention a washed-up one)? This sort of clears the way to use AD now at his best position, while honestly maintaining they tried their best to honor his preference of playing the 4. It's not their fault the Cousins signing was a bust and everyone else left was crap.

I hate to say it but this is not necessarily bad news (although maybe it leads to Melo)...

Because Davis can leave the Lakers and the team needs to make sure that doesn’t happen. Saying “we tried” isn’t good enough for a lot of people when they say they don’t want to play center. Especially when other teams would love to steal him away and give him what he wants because he is Anthony Davis.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
Just give Dwight a camp invite. Call it a day.

He is a Grizzly
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:18 pm    Post subject:

LaxT wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
poppajons wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
This sucks, but let’s chill on the overreactions. We signed Cousins on a vet min contract. It was a low risk, high upside deal. We lost the dream scenario of. Cousins bouncing back and playing at an all-star level. Okay. But if anyone was banking on that happening, there was always a pretty high chance that you were going to be disappointed.

This. A voice of reason.

First of all, it's not vet minimum.
Secondly, we lost not only the dream scenario but scenarios such as a reasonable expectation that DMC could contribute 20-25 mpg.
Thirdly, the frontcourt was thin before the injury and fans talked about adding another forward. Now it's down to four players-- Mcgee, AD, Kuz, Dudley. No way the team enters the season with that, and they have to pick up someone whom they were not so fond of. .

I didn’t understand that post either. Cousins put up some really good numbers with the Warriors. I think a lot of people were expecting him to look even better next season; players coming back from achilles tears do better in the second season back. And now we’ll never get to see how things would have worked with him which is extremely frustrating.

And I’m not a Cousins fan at all but this really sucks.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Why do they need to sign another traditional center (not to mention a washed-up one)? This sort of clears the way to use AD now at his best position, while honestly maintaining they tried their best to honor his preference of playing the 4. It's not their fault the Cousins signing was a bust and everyone else left was crap.

I hate to say it but this is not necessarily bad news (although maybe it leads to Melo)...

Because Davis can leave the Lakers and the team needs to make sure that doesn’t happen. Saying “we tried” isn’t good enough for a lot of people when they say they don’t want to play center. Especially when other teams would love to steal him away and give him what he wants because he is Anthony Davis.

So we play some bum who shouldn't be in the league just to appease him? I assume at least a part of him cares about winning.

It would only be for the season anyway.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

So we play some bum who shouldn't be in the league just to appease him? I assume at least a part of him cares about winning.

That is the root of the problem with the Laker's desperation all-in move, isn't it?

Lakers must appease both James and now Davis.

Imagine for one moment that Davis chooses to sign elsewhere next summer. They gutted all the prospects and multiple draft picks. So far, no marquee player has "chosen" to join James. Who would do so next summer?

Davis needs to sign and already he has publicly left the door open to his other options instead of committing to the Lakers. Wonder if playing center for "only one year" would be considered an implosion?

"if the Lakers implode. Rich Paul, Davis’ agent, likes the idea of his client in New York, according to a source."

Lakers need to listen to what he is saying and sign some centers. Too bad the focus on other plans left the Lakers so screwed due to minimal talent left on the market.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Just terrible for him.

Never really thought much about him, but losing him is a big blow. He was our only 5 that could space the floor, and it hit me after his injury he could've been Brook Lopez plus. Now we're stuck with JaVale and AD saying he doesn't want to play the 5.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

That is the root of the problem with the Laker's desperation all-in move, isn't it?

Imagine for one moment that Davis chooses to sign elsewhere next summer. They gutted all the prospects and multiple draft picks. So far, no marquee player has "chosen" to join James. Who would do so next summer?

Davis needs to sign and already he has publicly left the door open to his other options instead of committing to the Lakers. Wonder if playing center for "only one year" would be considered an implosion?

"if the Lakers implode. Rich Paul, Davis’ agent, likes the idea of his client in New York, according to a source."

Lakers need to listen to what he is saying and sign some centers. Too bad the focus on other plans left the Lakers so screwed due to minimal talent left on the market.

I don't mind them picking up another center off the scrap heap, it's playing him decent rotation minutes when there are better players and lineups that can be utilized. I wonder if Vogel has any say in this.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:25 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

I don't mind them picking up another center off the scrap heap, it's playing him decent rotation minutes when there are better players and lineups that can be utilized. I wonder if Vogel has any say in this.

Guys we don't need to sign a scarp center. We can try get Dwight Howard (okay maybe he is possibly a scrap center). Look at this video

D12 was once a very dangerous pick and roll player, at once something like 1.3 PPP (higher than Davis). And Lebron has become a one of the best ball handlers with pick and roll. He is 90+ percentile in almost everything involving pick and roll..see link below

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/7/29/17626788/lakers-lebron-james-laker-film-room-video-highlights-stats-pick-rolls

This is why the pairing of AD ad Lebron is so awesome (Cousins with another guy that would have been great here If we get D12, now we have possibly another guy who can run great pick and roll with Lebron.

Now there are risk..D12 may not be the same as before, these videos are over 4 years old. But maybe invite him to training camp and see if he still has it?

The bad vibe he brings to the locker room I think is less risk here because he won't be the focus, he isn't a superstar anymore and next to Lebron and Davis, he knows it.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:16 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

If we put him at center when he can easily leave the team soon, what’s to stop the front office from being lazy and not picking up a center in the future when he is stuck in LA? Other teams could bring this up and say they will give him what he wants. They will accuse our front office of not listening to him.

And the team has 2 superstars. Another star isn’t needed. Just need a guy that can provide at least 15-20 minutes, play hard, be a decent teammate and contribute some. Would have been really nice to have Cousins offensive skills but I think this is a decent Plan B.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:59 pm    Post subject:

Not thrilled about it but I think Howard can help a lot and the defense could easily be much better with him than it was with Cousins. At least he wil only be the 3rd most important player at the most.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:22 am    Post subject:

Roll with Johnathan Williams and see what happens after buyouts etc. Dont make rash moves.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:39 am    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
Roll with Johnathan Williams and see what happens after buyouts etc. Dont make rash moves.

The Williams train has sailed, like Zubac he was viewed as disposable. Either one for 12 mpg would be a plus.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:

Isn't he playing in Israel?

Williams is a nice energy player that can come off the end of the bench occasionally. But not to be relied upon as a backup center getting consistent mpg all season.

Lakers need a professional center with size, experience and hopefully good health to be a part of this win now season. Signing questionable character or oft injured players is a waste. But the Lakers are forced to anyways.

I honestly have no preference of the remaining flawed free agents or some of the mentioned overseas potentially released players. None of them are overly inspiring as the primary backup playing 20 mins a night IMO.

There is a reason they are still available, none of those reasons are good. I'll rely on the Lakers coaches and FO office to get a warm body that can contribute something within their system.

The Cousins injury is an unexpected setback but it is kind of amazing that the Lakers have no center prospects in the pipeline.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject:

Mo speights then.
wsjan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:

Or Mo Wagner.

But the Lakers would've renounced Zu to get max cap space for a chance to sign Kawhi.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 49 of 69
Jump to: