Quasi-Official BOOGIE COUSINS Thread (Charges Dropped)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:22 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
I wonder if he is on schedule in his rehab? How far along is he?

I found this. Sounds like it’s possible for return this season?

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/12/demarcus-cousins-lakers-return/amp/

In the article at the link, the author amazingly, astoundingly, stupifyingly and breathtakingly wrote:
A few days before Christmas, Boogie was spotted working out with Lakers assistant coach Phil Handy at Staples Center.

Cousins looked fluid.

In Handy we trust. Negative comments about Cousin's return may be safely ignored.

--Anonymous
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:34 pm    Post subject:

^ that's the longest LG username I've ever seen
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:46 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
MJST wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Cousin’s body was so out of shape when he was first injured that it will

No it wasn't. Seriously, how'd you forget how in shape Cousins was and had gotten himself before he got hurt? Or the numerous articles about how hard he was hitting the gym. Cousins was nowhere near "so out of shape".

https://twitter.com/JustRyCole/status/1149407346415685632

Really???

Do you have any idea when he was first injured in NO? Obviously not.

he wasn't out of shape when he was injured in New Orleans, he wasn't "so out of shape" when he was on the Warriors, and he wasn't out of shape when he got hurt this off-season.

So you're wrong in either aspect.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:18 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
MJST wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Cousin’s body was so out of shape when he was first injured that it will

No it wasn't. Seriously, how'd you forget how in shape Cousins was and had gotten himself before he got hurt? Or the numerous articles about how hard he was hitting the gym. Cousins was nowhere near "so out of shape".

https://twitter.com/JustRyCole/status/1149407346415685632

Really???

Do you have any idea when he was first injured in NO? Obviously not.

he wasn't out of shape when he was injured in New Orleans, he wasn't "so out of shape" when he was on the Warriors, and he wasn't out of shape when he got hurt this off-season.

So you're wrong in either aspect.

It's all made up stuff to support an argument. No truth to out of shape comment
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject:

The big homie on his way back this season?

https://mobile.twitter.com/billoram/status/1213181050781745152

Vogs thinks so!

Please don’t rush him back! Wait to unlock our cheat code in the WCF
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Frank Vogel says DeMarcus Cousins is progressing to ‘light jogging,’ still is ‘a possibility’ to return at some point this season

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2020/1/3/21048732/lakers-frank-vogel-demarcus-cousins-progressing-light-jogging-still-possibility-return-season-acl

DeMarcus Cousins Could Still Play This Season After Torn ACL Injury

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2869581-lakers-news-demarcus-cousins-could-still-play-this-season-after-torn-acl-injury

DeMarcus Cousins working on his return

https://www.talkbasket.net/62077-demarcus-cousins-working-on-his-return
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:17 pm    Post subject:

if so that would be the quickest recovery ever from an ACL as far as I know
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:24 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
if so that would be the quickest recovery ever from an ACL as far as I know

6 Fouls, a decent FT shooter, great defensive rebounder.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:45 pm    Post subject:

I can't imagine Cousins walking straight out of rehab and into playing championship caliber basketball on some nice sunny weekend in the middle of a playoff run. As it stands right now, any playing time at all, even scoring one single basket, would be a major victory for him, or for anyone dealing with the kind of injuries that DMC is dealing with.

If we see him doing contact drills by all star break and full contact 5 on 5 scrimmaging by early March I'll change my mind on that. Until then, I doubt he'll be a factor in the playoffs this year.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:52 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
I can't imagine Cousins walking straight out of rehab and into playing championship caliber basketball on some nice sunny weekend in the middle of a playoff run. As it stands right now, any playing time at all, even scoring one single basket, would be a major victory for him, or for anyone dealing with the kind of injuries that DMC is dealing with.

If we see him doing contact drills by all star break and full contact 5 on 5 scrimmaging by early March I'll change my mind on that. Until then, I doubt he'll be a factor in the playoffs this year.

Agreed.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:50 am    Post subject:

Working hard

RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:50 am    Post subject:

Take your time Boogie. If not this year, let it happen next year (on a vets minimum contract).
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:18 am    Post subject:

https://streamable.com/t7lqd

vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Our cheat code is just waiting to be activated in the postseason. I would advise Rob not to trade dude as salary ballast.

I have a good feeling he’ll be there for the WCF and/or Finals.

DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Is that Mark Cuban recruiting DC?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Klay is expected to play this season so I didn’t know why see why Boogie can’t.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:08 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Our cheat code is just waiting to be activated in the postseason. I would advise Rob not to trade dude as salary ballast.

LOOKING GOOD CHAMP

@Car54: I don't think Warriors will risk Klay returning early in a tanking year. He might be able to but there's really no reason to play him
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:30 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

LOOKING GOOD CHAMP

@Car54: I don't think Warriors will risk Klay returning early in a tanking year. He might be able to but there's really no reason to play him

What a great add Phil Handy has been. He is doing individual workouts with almost every body on the team.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject:

He has yet to play a regular-season game with the Lakers thanks to suffering a torn ACL in August. Even though he’s still injured, he holds some value as a trade piece. However, ESPN’s Brian Windhorst said on Lakers Talk with Allen Sliwa that the Lakers may not be too keen on doing that just yet. “… in being around the Lakers, they believe, I think that DeMarcus Cousins is going to have a chance to play at some point this season… I don’t think the Lakers want to trade DeMarcus Cousins,” said Windhorst, courtesy of TheLakersReview. “I think they want to hang onto him, with the idea that he can recover from that injury.” – via Austin Boyd @ Heavy.com

Not really interested in playing him heavy minutes if/when he comes back, but having a big man rotation of Boog/Dwight/McGee in the playoffs is a cheat code. They say the league ain’t scurred of us...oh they will be...they will be.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/xl5QdxfNonh3q/giphy.gif
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:44 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
He has yet to play a regular-season game with the Lakers thanks to suffering a torn ACL in August. Even though he’s still injured, he holds some value as a trade piece. However, ESPN’s Brian Windhorst said on Lakers Talk with Allen Sliwa that the Lakers may not be too keen on doing that just yet. “… in being around the Lakers, they believe, I think that DeMarcus Cousins is going to have a chance to play at some point this season… I don’t think the Lakers want to trade DeMarcus Cousins,” said Windhorst, courtesy of TheLakersReview. “I think they want to hang onto him, with the idea that he can recover from that injury.” – via Austin Boyd @ Heavy.com

Not really interested in playing him heavy minutes if/when he comes back, but having a big man rotation of Boog/Dwight/McGee in the playoffs is a cheat code. They say the league ain’t scurred of us...oh they will be...they will be.

We're desperate for skilled guys (i.e., anybody who can do more than stand out on the perimeter ready to shoot) offense pretty much at every position, so it makes sense to hold onto Boogie, no matter how remote the chances of him recovering enough to play anywhere close to where he was pre-injury.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:48 am    Post subject:

His 3 ball looks really more natural than Dwight's and McGee. I definitely think Boogie is worth hanging on to. He could play a 10-15 minute role, give us a completely different look on offense.

Even if not this year, you get him ready for next season. Bring him back on a 1 year deal, and then you have early bird rights for 2021 for him if he has a productive season.

I have been against cutting or trading him from the start. He looks legit motivated, like Dwight was. Before the injury he was so thin, looking like he was going to have a big season.

The big question is whether he can still get back to being able to play a NBA season - but there's no reason he can't considering his age and doctors expecting him to make a full recovery.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:20 am    Post subject:

He's 29 years old, will be 30 next season. That's still young enough to contribute. And he's one of AD's best friends. His shooting and passing would bring something new to this team from the center position. I'm in favor of keeping him around.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:53 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/thelakersreview/status/1221125827443621891?s=21
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:59 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

We're desperate for skilled guys (i.e., anybody who can do more than stand out on the perimeter ready to shoot) offense pretty much at every position, so it makes sense to hold onto Boogie, no matter how remote the chances of him recovering enough to play anywhere close to where he was pre-injury.

He wasn’t looking very good for the Warriors in the playoffs last season. It’s too bad that injuries forced them to play him, he could have taken more time to heal. Iggy looked pretty done as well, I really hope that we don’t have to rely on the two of them.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Man if he could be 80% of what he was...if we face the Clippers. Letting him work down low if Lebron struggles to get into the paint...would be so helpful for a few possessions here and there
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 65 of 69
Jump to: