Quasi-Official BOOGIE COUSINS Thread (Charges Dropped)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
What are our options for re-signing him next summer? If he proves himself to be an effective third option, retaining him may be difficult. I thought since he signed for such a low amount of money, there's only so high we can go with a contract next year as an over-the-cap team?

I was wondering the same thing.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
https://youtu.be/0mk0XttRqPk

Ad, boogie and rondo highlights. I love the way the ball moves

I know hating on Rajon is all the rage. But I really like this dude and what he brings. And at the vet min? No brainer. We're really going to benefit from his playmaking when Bron sits. Also, this year's roster will be a much better fit for Rondo. If Vogel can get him to run the second unit effectively, that's a huge plus.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
https://youtu.be/0mk0XttRqPk

Ad, boogie and rondo highlights. I love the way the ball moves

I know hating on Rajon is all the rage. But I really like this dude and what he brings. And at the vet min? No brainer. We're really going to benefit from his playmaking when Bron sits. Also, this year's roster will be a much better fit for Rondo. If Vogel can get him to run the second unit effectively, that's a huge plus.

this is getting me so hyped!
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
How did he lose to much weight in a month? Do we know if he is already hitting the facility with all of his teammates.

A change in diet can have dramatic effects in a fairly short time, especially if combined with workouts. The problem is that you have to stick with a diet or you can pile all that weight back on in short order.
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
What are our options for re-signing him next summer? If he proves himself to be an effective third option, retaining him may be difficult. I thought since he signed for such a low amount of money, there's only so high we can go with a contract next year as an over-the-cap team?

Only the MLE, around 10 million.

Bradley has a player option for the 2nd year. If he plays well and opts out, MLE is also the only tool to resign him.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Already getting sad at the thought of growing to love Boogie as a player, then losing him next summer
Yueh Fei Returns
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:02 am    Post subject:

Look at it this way. With our cap situation, if we are able to keep Boogie next year, something probably went wrong this year.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject:

People (present company included) got upset when Magic traded DLO. I did bring up reports from some credible Lakers sources that Mitch and Jim also tried to trade DLO to the Kings for Boogie Cousins. Not too many people believed me at the time, probably because it was reported on the radio and podcast vs on the internet (by Harrison and Ramona if I remember correctly). The first time the trade came up was on draft night, but the Kings said no. Later on in the season Mitch and Jim tried trading DLO again for Boogie, but this time the Kings asked him if he wanted to get traded to the Lakers and Boogie declined. Well, here’s Boogie saying he had chances to come to the Lakers while on Sac...

https://youtu.be/K8xPGQ-iONY
MrBigPimpin
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject:

man boggie looks much slimmer in yesterdays video. wow man this dude is going to be huge this year. I've been following him since sacramento kings days. he's going to be our closing center, book it. at one point he was considered the best center in the league. i still think he can be a top 5 center once he's fully 100%. take his time no rush. lebron going to grow him into what he's suppose to be. who's going to stop a line up of cuz, davis, james, green, bradley/rondo?
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Imagine if we had this team 5 years ago....
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Kobesystem wrote:

dude......
kobe would still be playing, no achilles injury. and we'd have like 3 more rings at least. you replace lebron with Kobe and holy cow. lebron is sooooooooooooo fortunate to have the teammates he's had. nobody has had teammates like lebron throughout an entire career.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:36 am    Post subject:

The Lakers will have to make a tough choice. If they go big with Cousins/Davis. They then lose ability to switch defensively, and are not as fluid or active in moving offensively. I am not sure what the right lineup is. I would hope that Frank Vogel is evaluating every single option, studying the tape, analytics all that. I hope it's not based on "star power" or talent. Clearly the 3 most talented players on the team are Cousins, Davis and Lebron. However if the idea is to get them to be the big 3, then you have to have 2 other starters that compliment them on offense and defense. Who are those 2 guys? What are team needs?

Davis is a mismatch at 4 over every other 4 in the league. However the mismatch is only really exposed if AD plays closer to the basket than outside the 3 point line. In this situation, you want Boogie to be able to stretch the floor and be a stretch 5 that can do a few things. 1) Shoot the 3. 2) Be a guard in a screen/roll with AD. This has happened many times in New Orleans. 3) Be a screen setter and passer, sort of like Marc Gasol. Based on talent, Boogie can do all these things. He showed me them in Golden State. However then Lebron has to really become more assertive as a 3 point shooter, and willing to play off the ball. Lebron has to be willing to be a Pippen here. He has to be able to bring the ball up, pass it off to Boogie as a point Center. With AD in the high or mid post. Need two shooters like Danny Green and either Cook, Caruso or Bradley with them. Lebron has to be adopt a Pippen mentality with the starting 5, and then pick him spots to become more aggressive, usually later on in the Quarters and games.

Defensively is where I have the biggest concern. We need to play slower, way slower than last year, if we want Lebron and Cousins to be able to stay fresh and get back. We want more of a man to man D, and less switching. Really active guards who are willing to go all out to stay in front of their man on D.

I feel it can work, but it will require Lebron to play a Pippen role, Cousins to play very intelligently on offense, AD to be focal point on the starting unit and two guards who are good shooters and very capable active defenders. In theory based on their numbers it should be something like

Offense - 5 Davis 4 Cousins 3 Green 2 Bradley/Caruso 1 Lebron
Defense - 5 Cousins 4 Davis 3 Lebron 2 Green 1 Bradley/Caruso

A lot of screens set by AD, with either Lebron or Cousins as a ballhandler. A lot of straight up feeds to AD to let him work with spacing. Danny Green and Bradley have to come off screens from the other big off the ball as other scoring options.

Defensively, Cousins has to get back. We have to use our defense in a way where Cousins is the clog in the middle and won't let anyone in. He's really strong and can protect the basket when he is willing to, but he is not able to move. So AD has to be be the active guy who moves his feet and Lebron has to get more active on D than he has in the past. Green and Bradley/Caruso, they have to be all out, active D guys.

Potential is there for this team to be a powerhouse.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:48 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

We'll just have the MLE to sign him if he becomes a legit 3rd option.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:01 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

MLE is now 9+M. I highly doubt Cousins market value will go back to the max. He is never going to be the same producer of numbers or be given the role he had in Sacto again. No one is going to view him as an asset as a #1 or #2 max guy, IMO. However I think if he does well, he can get a similar contract to that of Brook Lopez. We may lose him in that scenario.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gepetto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:09 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

MLE is now 9+M. I highly doubt Cousins market value will go back to the max. He is never going to be the same producer of numbers or be given the role he had in Sacto again. No one is going to view him as an asset as a #1 or #2 max guy, IMO. However I think if he does well, he can get a similar contract to that of Brook Lopez. We may lose him in that scenario.

I think an 2 or 3 year MLE deal with a player option in year 2 is most likely. That would allow him to sign a longer term deal with us under early Bird rights (175% of previous years salary). If all this goes well, I think one year at the MLE, which should be $9,720,900 next year, then we could resign him to a longer term deal starting at up to 17 million with annual increases of up to 7.5%. Its far from a max deal but still potentially a 100 million plus deal.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:23 am    Post subject:

If Boogie plays 75+ games and has similar production to last year (21+ PER), he'll get a 4/85 offer from some team next summer.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:45 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
If Boogie plays 75+ games and has similar production to last year (21+ PER), he'll get a 4/85 offer from some team next summer.

The odds of him going 75+ games is like the Hornets making the playoffs. He’s done it twice and has not since his third year
In the league. He’s played over 70 four times.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/couside01.html
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:07 am    Post subject:

Boogie's potential with this team is downright scary!

He has the potential to score just as many ppg as Kawhi would have, plus he can get more rebounds and clog up the middle on defense, two things Kawhi cannot do.

I still like bringing Boogie and Kuz off the bench, Lakers simply do not need that added firepower of starting those guys, it also allows the Lakers to play more of a traditional set-up with Guards matching up against Guards and Forwards against Forwards.

It also allows the Lakers to start their two best defensive Guards against the opposing teams' best Guards.

With that, I see a Starting line-up of:
PG: Bradly
SG: Green
SF: LeBron
PF: Davis
C: McGee

Vogel can stagger how he brings in the bench, but McGee usually goes out quickly, which is perfect since Boogie, can come in, then Kuz for Davis and Rondo (the 2nd best assist-guy on the Team after LeBron) can run the Bench as LeBron reduces his minutes for the long run and to be fresh for the playoffs.

I see a Bench line-up of:
PG: Rondo, Caruso
SG: Cook, Daniels
SF: Dudley
PF: Kuz
C: Cousins

That will keep two 20ppg scorers on the court and a 8apg guy, with some youth as well.

Klippers are touted as having all this great depth, well it's not all about "having depth" it's how you use it!
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:44 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Boogie's potential with this team is downright scary!

He has the potential to score just as many ppg as Kawhi would have, plus he can get more rebounds and clog up the middle on defense, two things Kawhi cannot do.

I still like bringing Boogie and Kuz off the bench, Lakers simply do not need that added firepower of starting those guys, it also allows the Lakers to play more of a traditional set-up with Guards matching up against Guards and Forwards against Forwards.

It also allows the Lakers to start their two best defensive Guards against the opposing teams' best Guards.

With that, I see a Starting line-up of:
PG: Bradly
SG: Green
SF: LeBron
PF: Davis
C: McGee

Vogel can stagger how he brings in the bench, but McGee usually goes out quickly, which is perfect since Boogie, can come in, then Kuz for Davis and Rondo (the 2nd best assist-guy on the Team after LeBron) can run the Bench as LeBron reduces his minutes for the long run and to be fresh for the playoffs.

I see a Bench line-up of:
PG: Rondo, Caruso
SG: Cook, Daniels
SF: Dudley
PF: Kuz
C: Cousins

That will keep two 20ppg scorers on the court and a 8apg guy, with some youth as well.

Klippers are touted as having all this great depth, well it's not all about "having depth" it's how you use it!

I like the enthusiasm!!! Boogie > Kawhi
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject:

If Cousins is anything like he was before the injury and he stays healthy, we're going to demolish teams. I think we should manage his minutes very carefully so he doesn't get worn out before the playoffs.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:
If Cousins is anything like he was before the injury and he stays healthy, we're going to demolish teams. I think we should manage his minutes very carefully so he doesn't get worn out before the playoffs.

I think these guys would rather maintain their stats by taking entire games off than having their minutes restricted.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:

I like this minute break down

DMC-26/McGee-14/AD-8
AD-24/Kuz-24
LeBron-32/KCP-10/Kuz-6
Green-28/KCP-10/Cook or Daniels-10
Bradley-28/Caruso-20

10 deep. Depth-Rondo, Daniels,Dudley (Hopefully JWill back on 2 way). Nobody plays over 32MPG
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:10 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Scoffs wrote:

DMC-26/McGee-14/AD-8
AD-24/Kuz-24
LeBron-32/KCP-10/Kuz-6
Bradley-28/Caruso-20

10 deep. Depth-Rondo, Daniels,Dudley (Hopefully JWill back on 2 way). Nobody plays over 32MPG

There is no way Caruso is playing 20 mins and rondo 0
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Scoffs wrote:

DMC-26/McGee-14/AD-8
AD-24/Kuz-24
LeBron-32/KCP-10/Kuz-6
Bradley-28/Caruso-20

There is no way Caruso is playing 20 mins and rondo 0

Maybe so. But that should be the case based simply off play.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:

dude......
kobe would still be playing, no achilles injury. and we'd have like 3 more rings at least. you replace lebron with Kobe and holy cow. lebron is sooooooooooooo fortunate to have the teammates he's had. nobody has had teammates like lebron throughout an entire career.

Err.... Kevin Durant has easily had better teammates for more of his career (Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka among others... and then Steph, Klay, Draymond, Iggy, Livingston... and now Kyrie, Levert, Dinwiddie, Allen, Harris, Prince, Kurocs; not as top heavy as his previous two teams but they are deep wih talent and youth)... compared to LeGramps (who only had better teammates than Durant while he was in Miami, and now in this year with the Lakers).

I'm not denying that LeBron has also had quality teammates for large parts of his career, especially compared to certain stars he gets compared to... like MJ or Kobe... but Durant is easily the most fortunate by that measuring scale.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 25 of 69
Jump to: