Kawhi Leonard Now the Most Hated Player by Laker Fans?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is KL now most hated player in the league?
yes
68%
 68%  [ 133 ]
no
31%
 31%  [ 62 ]
Total Votes : 195

l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject: Kawhi Leonard Now the Most Hated Player by Laker Fans?

I had high respect for KL even when he was on the spurs. But now, I’m pretty sure KL never wanted to join the Lakers and INTENTIONALLY delayed de-selection in order to mess with the team. That is unethical. He just turned into a villain as in Marvel’s Klaw.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Most hated among Laker fans?

I don't think he intentionally messed with the Lakers. What could possibly drive him to do that while making maybe the biggest decision of his life?
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:

I don't think he intentionally messed with the Lakers. What could possibly drive him to do that while making maybe the biggest decision of his life?

That's an easy question to answer. It gives him a better chance of winning. If he let's us know he has no interest in coming before FA began, we could have gone hard after the likes of Jimmy, DLO, Kemba, etc. By holding us hostage, knowing we were all in for him, he guarantees we fill our roster with leftover scraps.
lasde
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Nah, he was going to sign with the Lakers if the Clippers wouldn’t or couldn’t trade for Paul George. Toronto never had a chance. The Lakers did, but through no fault of their own, they lost out to the Clippers who went all in and won.
LakersFan_73
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:23 pm    Post subject:

KL - no

PG - yes.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:

Just to clear this up: Leonard used the threat of going to the Lakers to leverage the Clippers into coughing up their chest of picks for George. He used us to get to where he really wanted to be. He should be booed everywhere he goes in LA.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject:

I dislike Paul George the most. I don't KNOW that he can't think for himself, but that's what I'm gonna go with.
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject:

He’s a bastard and so is his running mate
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:38 pm    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:
his running mate

His name is Reek.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Legacy wrote:

Just to clear this up: Leonard used the threat of going to the Lakers to leverage the Clippers into coughing up their chest of picks for George. He used us to get to where he really wanted to be. He should be booed everywhere he goes in LA.

You don't think it's possible he told the Clips, "Get PG13 and I'll sign with you"? And then Mr. West didn't immediately say, "I'll make it happen"?

Come on guys. I can agree that we were maybe his backup plan, but we were on Jerry West's clock. Whenever he could make the trade happen (or not happen) that's when KL was going to make his decision. I can't believe that half of the most important moment of his life was based on screwing a team that was second on his radar.

But hey, whatever motivates you.

Last edited by Legacy on Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Who?
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:40 pm    Post subject:

PG = 1st

KL = 2nd.

I don't like the B.S. PG pulled last off-season and then to turn around within 1 season to screw Westbrook the way he did.

I still believe KL tried to sabotage the Lakers from the start, first keeping us waiting while all the free agents came off the board and then asking us to wait on the AD trade. My thoughts are that he was hoping the other teams would get upset and the deal would fall apart, leaving us in complete shambles.
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:41 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
realking24 wrote:
his running mate

His name is Reek.

Reek ended up useful at least lol
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
ocho wrote:
Legacy wrote:

You don't think it's possible he told the Clips, "Get PG13 and I'll sign with you"? And then Mr. West didn't immediately say, "I'll make it happen"?

Come on guys. I can agree that we were maybe his backup plan, but we were on Jerry West's clock. Whenever he could make the trade happen (or not happen) that's when KL was going to make his decision. I can't believe that half of the most important moment of his life was based on screwing a team that was second on his radar.

Why did he even let the Lakers know he was interested if he was thinking Clippers all the way this whole time? I don't know if he did intentionally sabotage our team, but there is reasonable suspicion based on what we've heard.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
ocho wrote:
Legacy wrote:

Come on guys. I can agree that we were maybe his backup plan, but we were on Jerry West's clock. Whenever he could make the trade happen (or not happen) that's when KL was going to make his decision. I can't believe that half of the most important moment of his life was screwing a team that was second on his radar.

Pressuring LAC to give up an unprecedented package for George only works with the threat of the Lakers present. The Clippers were always his endgame, and he used the fear of the LAL superteam to get what he needed. Reports have backed this up, as well as the revelation that he moved the location of his Lakers meeting so he could meet up with George to discuss the real plan. He was telling the Lakers 2 hours before he committed to LAC to keep waiting in case the Clippers needed more time executing the trade.

I don't think he set out to screw us. He just didn't care if he did as long as he got what he wanted.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:47 pm    Post subject:

"Most" hated? I don't know. I still hate CP3.

However, F-KL!
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Legacy wrote:
ocho wrote:
Legacy wrote:

Why did he even let the Lakers know he was interested if he was thinking Clippers all the way this whole time? I don't know if he did intentionally sabotage our team, but there is reasonable suspicion based on what we've heard.

It's just speculation at this point brotha, but it looks like he was willing to join the Lakers if the Clips didn't get who he wanted (PG13) first. That doesn't seem like sabotaging to me. It looked like a guy with options, waiting it out for his ideal situation. Jerry West made it happen, and the rest is history.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Legacy wrote:
ocho wrote:
Legacy wrote:

Come on guys. I can agree that we were maybe his backup plan, but we were on Jerry West's clock. Whenever he could make the trade happen (or not happen) that's when KL was going to make his decision. I can't believe that half of the most important moment of his life was screwing a team that was second on his radar.

Pressuring LAC to give up an unprecedented package for George only works with the threat of the Lakers present. The Clippers were always his endgame, and he used the fear of the LAL superteam to get what he needed. Reports have backed this up, as well as the revelation that he moved the location of his Lakers meeting so he could meet up with George to discuss the real plan. He was telling the Lakers 2 hours before he committed to LAC to keep waiting in case the Clippers needed more time executing the trade.

I don't think he set out to screw us. He just didn't care if he did as long as he got what he wanted.

Have to comment on the bolded. You're saying he was going to choose the Clippers regardless? Cuz we would all be having a very different discussion if that were the case.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Kawhi wanted his own team, which is why he made the Clippers a priority. I don't believe he ever wanted to join a Laker superteam just because of the potential legacy of winning a title for a team that is known for being perennial losers. Like it or not it would put him up there with Lebron in that he was able to help a franchise which was never known for winning become a winner. It sucks for Laker fans because they would've easily gotten a couple of titles but in terms of parity for the NBA, it was probably their worst nightmare. Since Kawhi went to the Clippers with PG13, next season will probably be one of the most competitive seasons in recent history since no team will have a huge advantage above everyone else.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
ocho wrote:
Legacy wrote:
ocho wrote:
Legacy wrote:

Have to comment on the bolded. You're saying he was going to choose the Clippers regardless? Cuz we would all be having a very different discussion if that were the case.

I think it’s pretty clear at this point that he wanted the Clippers all along. Not only did he...ya know...pick the Clippers, he acted as their GM and orchestrated a trade to get his sidekick. He needed a scary threat though to get what he wanted. That’s when your team got used.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:07 pm    Post subject:

lasde wrote:
Nah, he was going to sign with the Lakers if the Clippers wouldn’t or couldn’t trade for Paul George. Toronto never had a chance. The Lakers did, but through no fault of their own, they lost out to the Clippers who went all in and won.

Clippers were battling with Toronto for the PG trade. If the trade with the Clippers had fallen through, it would likely be because Toronto nabbed him, which would have meant Kawhi stayed.

Lakers were only in it if both trades fell through.

We were played.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Kawhi wanted his own team, which is why he made the Clippers a priority. I don't believe he ever wanted to join a Laker superteam just because of the potential legacy of winning a title for a team that is known for being perennial losers. Like it or not it would put him up there with Lebron in that he was able to help a franchise which was never known for winning become a winner. It sucks for Laker fans because they would've easily gotten a couple of titles but in terms of parity for the NBA, it was probably their worst nightmare. Since Kawhi went to the Clippers with PG13, next season will probably be one of the most competitive seasons in recent history since no team will have a huge advantage above everyone else.

KL had his own team in Toronto and won a championship there. You're saying (speculating) he wanted that specific scenario of having his own team in LA?

Where does that hate for him come in? Per the tread title.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Yes and (bleep) PG too! I don't even to click on articles about these 2. Don't really care for the Clippers. GO lakers!!!!!
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Let's just say I was starting to really understand what Spurs fans were talking about a couple days ago.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:17 pm    Post subject:

I don't begrudge Kawhi for picking the Clips. He was a free agent and it was his right to do so. It was just the douchebag way he did it. The guy played us and, if our GM didn't have a contingency plan ready, this off-season could have been a disaster.

F-KL
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9
Jump to: