Kawhi Leonard Now the Most Hated Player by Laker Fans?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is KL now most hated player in the league?
yes
68%
 68%  [ 133 ]
no
31%
 31%  [ 62 ]
Total Votes : 195

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I don't hate KL or PG13. I'm disappointed with both because they didn't come here. I can't hate a man for doing what he thinks is in his best interest. The rumors neither wanted to play with LeBron may have legs.

Wrong.

And you know this how?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Blessings of us NOT getting Kawhi Leonard

troy wrote:
* Anthony Davis. We can see that Kawhi is very demanding, and at some point, his demands would have run counter to what Davis desire, post Lebron. I can see these two players, Davis and Leonard, clashing, causing dissent in the locker room as they strive to fill the vacuum once Lebron leaves. You have to ask yourself, who do you want more to lead this team, Anthony Davis, who stayed with his Pelicans team for years through thick and then, or Kawhi Leonard, who left the Spurs after winning, and left the Raptors after winning. Which leads me to...

* Trust. I don't trust Kawhi Leonard. He's a manipulator. We should have read the tea-leaves with San Antonio. I truly believe KL is extremely passive/aggressive, egotistical, and me-first as opposed to team-first. I think he only functions when his wants and needs are met, and will ditch you as soon as that doesn't happen. I think we learned that from both San Antonio and Toronto, two qualty franchises that Kawhi turned his back on, despite winning rings with them.

* Media. The Lakers are already hated by the vast majority of the media, as well as the country. Having the NBA's only superteam would have intensified the hatred Laker fans already have to deal with. Any sort of misfortune would have been cheered, any sort of shortcoming emphasized, any slump celebrated. And lord help us if we wouldn't have won it all with a so-called superteam.

* Health. I'm not sure about KL's health, long term. His quad injury could be chronic, and his desire for load management tells me that there could be some serious issues that nobody is really revealing.

* Salaries. I just think having 3 superstars negatively impacts your ability to field a deep team. We saw that with Golden State. Top heavy is fine as long as everyone is healthy. With a 35 year old Lebron, and AD and KL with health challenges, I can't say we would be investing in a stable team. I like what Utah and Denver, and the 76ers have...deep, balanced rosters with young, hungry players. That's what dynasties are made of.

* Perspective. Manufactured super teams don't last. The Miami Heat superteam didn't last. The Golden State Warrior superteam didn't last. Hell, even the 2003/4 Laker superteam didn't last. It's something about motivation, egos, challenge, something, I don't know, but no superteam has really lasted past 2 or 3 seasons. And while winning a title or two in a row is appealing, I'm looking more for a dynasty.

* on court chemistry. I like our team, with McGee/Cousins at the 5, Davis/Kuz at the 4, Lebron at the 3...but where do we put Kawhi? Unlike Miami and Golden State, who had their superstars not playing the same positions, the Lakers would have had redundancy with Kawhi playing. Do we play Kawhi at the 3 and let a 35 year old LeBron play point? Do we play Kawhi at the 2, a position that is un-natural for him? Do we reduce the development of Kuzman to placate Kawhi? Golden State, you had Curry at point, klay at 2, and KD at 3 or 4. Perfect. Miami, you had Wade at 2, Lebron at 3/4, Bosh at 5. Perfect. Lakers with a Kawhi?

* Character. What combo, as fans, do you really trust will represent our Laker team, our city, and our community better? Lebron James and Anthony Davis, both who wanted to be Lakers and made it happen, or Kawhi Leonard and Paul George, two players who abandoned their teams prematurely and colluded their way into Los Angeles?

I know losing out on Kawhi stings for most fans, and I know the anti-Laker media will gloat about it over and over. But I really do believe it's a blessing in disguise.

All excellent points that unfortunately, am not just starting to consider. Especially the Spurs situation. I know myself and many others were willing to ignore his shenanigans because Spurs = bad, Kawhi = good, but we shouldn't have. The man is much more of a diva then I imagined. Contrast this with AD who stuck with his poverty team for 7 years, then did everything in his power and gave up money to play here, and has been preaching legacy over money. I don't even think he is loyal to the Clips, just wants to play in LA and manipulated the opportunity for himself. When you are on top of the basketball world, you might feel invincible, but it will eventually come back to bite you in a few years time.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject:

I'm reading a lot saying quiet unassuming Kawhi is more inwardly outspoken than I've imagined. Meaning those around him read things that he doesn't outwardly express. I'm not going to make a judgment. I'm going to wait and see what next season brings.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Why is this thread still up here?
Makes me sick reading his name.
Maginka
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject:

https://fadeawayworld.net/2019/07/06/back-in-2014-paul-george-dated-doc-rivers-daughter-and-allegedly-cheated-on-her-with-a-stripper/

Don't let them forget
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: KL most hated

chains wrote:
activeverb wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
I had high respect for KL even when he was on the spurs. But now, I’m pretty sure KL never wanted to join the Lakers and INTENTIONALLY delayed de-selection in order to mess with the team. That is unethical. He just turned into a villain as in Marvel’s Klaw.

In other words, "The girl we wanted to take to the prom decided to go with someone else, so now she's an ugly scank who we only pretended to like."

Kwak is a great player. We lost out on him. But he should have manned up and said so from the beginning. T

You're assuming that Kwahi was 100% locked into his decision the whole time, and just met with teams for show or manipulative reasons.

My guess is this isn't the case. Top free agents, even if they're leaning one way, usually meet with other teams just to be sure. And sometimes they change their mind.

If we couldn't change his mind, that's on us. We could have bailed at any moment but we decided to throw the dice.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

Considering NBA free agency is the first step towards building a title contender, I'm not surprised by Kawhi's actions. In fact since this is a players league you will probably see it happen more often in the future. Ruthless yes, unfair no.

I wouldn't say "ruthless" is the right word.

GMs and players are both operating in their own self-interest.

Teams are trying to make themselves more appealing to top free agents. That's always been the case. The big difference now is that players are no longer just passively listening to offers. Top free agents are talking to other players, and using their agents, see what moves they can put together.

They no longer have to just sign with a team. They can build their own teams.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:15 pm    Post subject:

No, I admire the guy's effectiveness. The Lakers screwed themselves by making the wrong choices for years.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: KL most hated

activeverb wrote:
chains wrote:
activeverb wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
I had high respect for KL even when he was on the spurs. But now, I’m pretty sure KL never wanted to join the Lakers and INTENTIONALLY delayed de-selection in order to mess with the team. That is unethical. He just turned into a villain as in Marvel’s Klaw.

In other words, "The girl we wanted to take to the prom decided to go with someone else, so now she's an ugly scank who we only pretended to like."

Kwak is a great player. We lost out on him. But he should have manned up and said so from the beginning. T

You're assuming that Kwahi was 100% locked into his decision the whole time, and just met with teams for show or manipulative reasons.

My guess is this isn't the case. Top free agents, even if they're leaning one way, usually meet with other teams just to be sure. And sometimes they change their mind.

If we couldn't change his mind, that's on us. We could have bailed at any moment but we decided to throw the dice.

He tried to get KD first, Butler second, and failed. His fallback option was getting the Raps to trade for PG. He forced the Clips into giving up the farm for PG when he could have walked into a team with an already deadly duo. His mind was made up.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject:

I fully expect to read a tweet soon telling us all how Kawhi agonized with his decision and spent many hours praying on it before his heart told him what to do.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: KL most hated

trablos wrote:

He tried to get KD first, Butler second, and failed. His fallback option was getting the Raps to trade for PG. He forced the Clips into giving up the farm for PG when he could have walked into a team with an already deadly duo. His mind was made up.

Well, you're overlooking that if the Clippers couldn't have landed George, he might have signed with us. Really, it just sounds just he was pushing teams to do what he wanted and when he got what he wanted he made a decision. We were probably his fallback if the Clippers and Raptors came up empty in landing another star.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'm reading a lot saying quiet unassuming Kawhi is more inwardly outspoken than I've imagined. Meaning those around him read things that he doesn't outwardly express. I'm not going to make a judgment. I'm going to wait and see what next season brings.

What they're saying reminds me of whenever tv news reporters interview shocked neighbors who describe their neighbor as polite and quiet. Spurs fan would be quite familiar with #2's inner-workings -- they probably aren't surprised #2 pulled that 💩 again. Clippers got next.
scottpot29
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Will be interesting to see what happens when Kawhi and PG both get booed in public in their own city.

Imagine what will happen when they show them at the Dodgers game on the big screen....BOOOOOOO!!!!....awkward.
md8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject:

No one wants to feel rejected, so I understand where the hate comes from. I don't believe he purposely tried to screw us over however and that he would have signed here if the Clips couldn't get him a 2nd star. That's why he asked us to delay the AD trade.

He didn't lead us on. The "insiders" were obviously fake. Our FO would have known there were no guarantees if he was waiting this long, while talking to other teams, and asking us to delay the trade.
acer77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject:

No bitterness towards Kawhi since I knew he'd be a Clipper from the beginning.

OTOH, Paul George screwed us after pretty much guaranteeing he'd come play for us. So I do think we need to continue booing his ass.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:47 pm    Post subject:

I think there will be some very competitive games at Staples next season. It's going to be interesting how the crowd reacts to Kawhi and Paul. I believe there will be 4 games 2@ 2away all at Staples.

Season ticket holders will be trippy. Some have the same seats depending on who has the home game.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
LFsnz67
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Don’t care anymore. He’s a clipper now. He’ll be basically invisible in Los Angeles
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
"LA Coffee shop chain bans Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, and anyone associated with the Clippers organization from all locations."

https://twitter.com/eaterla/status/1148261719355088896?s=21

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:31 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I don't hate KL or PG13. I'm disappointed with both because they didn't come here. I can't hate a man for doing what he thinks is in his best interest. The rumors neither wanted to play with LeBron may have legs.

Wrong.

And you know this how?

Negative.
JJLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:36 pm    Post subject:

ForumBlueFrank wrote:
Quote:
"LA Coffee shop chain bans Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, and anyone associated with the Clippers organization from all locations."

https://twitter.com/eaterla/status/1148261719355088896?s=21

I love it. The more restaurants/stores that ban the snakes, The better. Plenty of rich and powerful people in LA that own most of LA that can literally ban him/them everywhere. People should start a campaign on Twitter/social media. Celebrities in LA who are real Laker fans need to get in on it and speak up.

Last edited by JJLakers on Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:17 pm; edited 4 times in total
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Well. Snakes usually kill each other. That’s why we only had one black mamba.

Fwiw, black mambas aren't known to eat other snakes. They prefer rodents, birds, bats, and sometimes lizards/frogs. They could be preyed upon by other snakes, however. Fun fact.
cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Yeah (bleep) KL and PG....(bleep) sneks.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Wrong.

And you know this how?

Negative.

Wut??

The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Yes but not because he signed with the Dippers; because of the WAY he signed with the Dippers. He strung us along, allowing us to miss out on prime talent (weakening us) when he knew he was working with Paul George all along to join the Dippers together.

Kawhi is my new most hated player in the league. It’s on a Paul Pierce in 2008 level of hatred too.
chains
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: KL most hated

activeverb wrote:
trablos wrote:

Well, you're overlooking that if the Clippers couldn't have landed George, he might have signed with us. Really, it just sounds just he was pushing teams to do what he wanted and when he got what he wanted he made a decision. We were probably his fallback if the Clippers and Raptors came up empty in landing another star.

sorry, that's a naive statement. Kwak was not coming here no matter what. He used as negotiating leverage to get what he wants. He had zero intentions.. Wake up. Everyone is saying it was due to Jerry West. The 90 year old had nothing to do with it. he wanted his own team bottom line. He settled for a washed up PG13. PG13 never made it to the championship. 2 surgeries later he is going down hill. Book it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9
Jump to: