Kawhi Leonard Now the Most Hated Player by Laker Fans?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is KL now most hated player in the league?
yes
68%
 68%  [ 133 ]
no
31%
 31%  [ 62 ]
Total Votes : 195

KAJtheGOAT
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject:

I now dislike him because of his plans full of agenda not only to make Clippers relevant but also for playing heinously with the Lakers to make sure that they miss all the best FAs. He was busy recruiting from KD to Kyrie to PG for joining him for Clippers and yet he scheduled a meeting with Lakers just to keep them blindfolded through the free agency. I see him more of a cunning businessman than a professional
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject:

To each their own, but I personally feel no reason to be mad at Kawhi. We knew the risks involved in waiting days and up to a week waiting on one guy's decision. Kawhi didn't owe us anything and he's allowed to have a preference while negotiating where he's gonna spend his next 4 seasons even if that preference isn't the Lakers. If you're going to take the chance to try to convince Kawhi to join your team, it's your job to convince him and accept the risk that you don't get him. At the end of the day, the Lakers already have two top 6 players in the league and a fairly solid supporting cast. That SHOULD be enough, so let the best team win.
PostMalone24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
To each their own, but I personally feel no reason to be mad at Kawhi. We knew the risks involved in waiting days and up to a week waiting on one guy's decision. Kawhi didn't owe us anything and he's allowed to have a preference while negotiating where he's gonna spend his next 4 seasons even if that preference isn't the Lakers. If you're going to take the chance to try to convince Kawhi to join your team, it's your job to convince him and accept the risk that you don't get him. At the end of the day, the Lakers already have two top 6 players in the league and a fairly solid supporting cast. That SHOULD be enough, so let the best team win.

Dude are you f kidding me? Its one thing if he would just went to the Clippers, but knowingly what he did to the Lakers is just flat out bs.
He kept telling the Lakers to wait, and wait while this whole time he literally was going behind their back, and only had us as his 3rd option.
Secretly telling the Clippers to acquire another star, recruiting PG.

When instead if he really didn't want to come, here and instead of trying to (bleep) us over could of just said he wasn't interested in the Lakers.
Could of got way better role players instead of just awaiting him.

But w/e the Clippers paid a steep price, they better pray it works out for them because if it doesn't it's going to set the organization back to the dark ages for sure.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:44 pm    Post subject:

KL did what he wanted to do from the start: control his destiny. He's won two championships without attempting to assemble a super team. He's like the anti-LeBron in that respect. In the end he used the same technique as LeBron, but against him.

That said. It was snake(y) too. My new name for him? In case no one else has proposed it: KA-LIE
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:54 pm    Post subject:

PostMalone24 wrote:
KBH wrote:

Dude are you f kidding me? Its one thing if he would just went to the Clippers, but knowingly what he did to the Lakers is just flat out bs.
He kept telling the Lakers to wait, and wait while this whole time he literally was going behind their back, and only had us as his 3rd option.

When instead if he really didn't want to come, here and instead of trying to (bleep) us over could of just said he wasn't interested in the Lakers.

But w/e the Clippers paid a steep price, they better pray it works out for them because if it doesn't it's going to set the organization back to the dark ages for sure.

Kawhi was a free agent operating in his own self-interest as one should should expect. At the end of the day, the Lakers also made a choice to wait if he told them to wait. Kawhi is a free agent openly talking three teams at the same time, so what did we think Kawhi was asking us to wait for if not for one of the other teams to present him with something he can't refuse? That reality leaves you open to the possibility that someone else will offer something more attractive. And if you're Kawhi, coming back to LA after already having won a ring without having to share the top billing, but still having a great opportunity to win for the same money, is probably the offer he can't refuse.
PostMalone24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
PostMalone24 wrote:
KBH wrote:

Kawhi was a free agent operating in his own self-interest as one should should expect. At the end of the day, the Lakers also made a choice to wait if he told them to wait. Kawhi is a free agent openly talking three teams at the same time, so what did we think Kawhi was asking us to wait for if not for one of the other teams to present him with something he can't refuse? That reality leaves you open to the possibility that someone else will offer something more attractive. And if you're Kawhi, coming back to LA after already having won a ring without having to share the top billing, but still having a great opportunity to win for the same money, is probably the offer he can't refuse.

Kawhi pulled a snake a move, there's a reason everyone acknowledges it, and if you don't see it for your self that's on you big boy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject:

nice.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kawhi-leonard-banned-from-la-coffee-chain-after-not-signing-with-the-lakers-220706473.html

Kawhi Leonard banned from L.A. coffee chain after not signing with Lakers

Kawhi Leonard hasn’t been in Los Angeles for long, but he’s already managed to make an enemy. Alfred Coffee, a local chain, has banned Leonard and Paul George after both players joined the Los Angeles Clippers instead of the Lakers, according to Eater.

The chain made the announcement and promised more details were coming. Eater was able to confirm the ban is real, but expects it to be a tongue-in-cheek thing.

Angry Clippers fans weren’t having any of that. They bombarded Alfred Coffee’s Instagram page with comments complaining about the ban. Alfred Coffee apparently turned off comments on at least two posts due to those comments.

It’s unclear what will happen next in this saga. If the ban is tongue-in-cheek, Alfred Coffee will likely reverse it soon.

Will that lead to Leonard showing up at an Alfred Coffee to bury the hatchet? Probably not. He can get his regular black coffee — which we’re confident has to be Leonard’s order — at any of the thousands of other coffee shops in Los Angeles.
toffee
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: KL most hated

activeverb wrote:
trablos wrote:

He tried to get KD first, Butler second, and failed. His fallback option was getting the Raps to trade for PG. He forced the Clips into giving up the farm for PG when he could have walked into a team with an already deadly duo. His mind was made up.

Well, you're overlooking that if the Clippers couldn't have landed George, he might have signed with us. Really, it just sounds just he was pushing teams to do what he wanted and when he got what he wanted he made a decision. We were probably his fallback if the Clippers and Raptors came up empty in landing another star.

No, he never intended to sign with the Lakers, his fallback were Raptors on short-term deal.

Cris Carter finally admited that he heard from Leonard's camp that Lakers were in the mix just to push Clippers to make trade for another star player, and that going back to Toronto was his second choice.
md8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject:

PostMalone24 wrote:
KBH wrote:
PostMalone24 wrote:
KBH wrote:

Kawhi pulled a snake a move, there's a reason everyone acknowledges it, and if you don't see it for your self that's on you big boy

The people saying that are those who believed the rumors that he was coming here for sure. Should have been obvious that wasn't the case if he was meeting other teams and asking us to wait for days. Our FO knew KL signing wasn't certain which is why they had deals lined up with free agents. They may have even known we were the backup plan but decided it was worth the wait.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject:

The goofy looking, no personality, snake with his dumbass laugh can enjoy going ringless for the rest of his career. I will laugh when PG disappears in the playoffs and when the Lakers crush them in humiliating fashion.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I don't hate KL or PG13. I'm disappointed with both because they didn't come here. I can't hate a man for doing what he thinks is in his best interest. The rumors neither wanted to play with LeBron may have legs.

Wrong.

And you know this how?

Negative.

Wut??

No.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: KL most hated

toffee wrote:
activeverb wrote:
trablos wrote:

He tried to get KD first, Butler second, and failed. His fallback option was getting the Raps to trade for PG. He forced the Clips into giving up the farm for PG when he could have walked into a team with an already deadly duo. His mind was made up.

Well, you're overlooking that if the Clippers couldn't have landed George, he might have signed with us. Really, it just sounds just he was pushing teams to do what he wanted and when he got what he wanted he made a decision. We were probably his fallback if the Clippers and Raptors came up empty in landing another star.

No, he never intended to sign with the Lakers, his fallback were Raptors on short-term deal.

Cris Carter finally admited that he heard from Leonard's camp that Lakers were in the mix just to push Clippers to make trade for another star player, and that going back to Toronto was his second choice.

No one really knows.

It's all rumors and hearsay.

If the Clippers hadn't signed George, maybe Kawhi would have signed with Toronto, but maybe he wouldn't have.

But let's say Carter is right. Such is life. Kawhi just used his leverage to get the best possible deal, which is pretty much what everyone does. As far as I know, he never made any promises to the Lakers or lied to them.

Given that teams will jack around players without hesitation when it's in their self interest, I can't blame players for doing the same thing.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:58 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I don't hate KL or PG13. I'm disappointed with both because they didn't come here. I can't hate a man for doing what he thinks is in his best interest. The rumors neither wanted to play with LeBron may have legs.

Wrong.

And you know this how?

Negative.

Wut??

No.

Are you saying the rumors don't have legs?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
toffee
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: KL most hated

activeverb wrote:
toffee wrote:
activeverb wrote:
trablos wrote:

No one really knows.

It's all rumors and hearsay.

If the Clippers hadn't signed George, maybe Kawhi would have signed with Toronto, but maybe he wouldn't have.

But let's say Carter is right. Such is life. Kawhi just used his leverage to get the best possible deal, which is pretty much what everyone does. As far as I know, he never made any promises to the Lakers or lied to them.

Given that teams will jack around players without hesitation when it's in their self interest, I can't blame players for doing the same thing.

I don't blame Kawhi and i don't even blame George, it's all business and if Lakers aren't their first choice, then i'm more than happy to roll with guys who wanted to be here when they had their chance (Lebron and AD).

Even before free agency started, i was hoping that maybe we can get Kyrie, but his heart wanted Brooklyn and that's fine.

The only thing about Kawhi and George that was always appealing to me is that they have SoCal roots, but other than that, there are many other players that i would pick before them (Giannis, Westbrook, Curry, etc).
KawhiIsGarbage
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Time to move on.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Just signed a 2-year deal making him eligible for FA in 2021... Keep this thread alive!
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Just signed a 2-year deal making him eligible for FA in 2021... Keep this thread alive!

He had his chance. He can rot with in the JV team.

2021 is the summer of the Greek Freak.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:

He had his chance. He can rot with in the JV team.

2021 is the summer of the Greek Freak.

Yeah, I don't see the Lakers going after him again....its not in their front office mentality, guys who spurn them once especially when they make them a huge priority will probably pass on them if there is a chance....see D12, Melo, etc. Plus he's going to be on the wrong side of 30 and theres still guys like Giannis will be in their prime.
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: KL most hated

toffee wrote:
activeverb wrote:
trablos wrote:

Where did you find that? I looked all over and couldn't find Cris saying that.

Coach Wooden
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:
We ended up gutting our roster to get AD for Lebron. If we were going to trade Ingram anyway we should’ve just traded him for PG13. Not trading for George has backfired on us twice now.

IMO they would of sub Kuzma for Brandon in this trade. I believe Brandon was included due to his playing the same position as Kawai.

Coach Wooden
toffee
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: KL most hated

SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
toffee wrote:
activeverb wrote:
trablos wrote:

Here you go:

Watch from 4:15 to 5:40, that's the whole truth about Kawhi and how he would never go to the Lakers, so we were his 3rd choice all along.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject:

Kawho
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: KL most hated

toffee wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
toffee wrote:
activeverb wrote:
trablos wrote:

Here you go:

Watch from 4:15 to 5:40, that's the whole truth about Kawhi and how he would never go to the Lakers, so we were his 3rd choice all along.

Thanks, I don't agree with your assessment, but I appreciate you finding it for me.

Coach Wooden
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9
Jump to: