How well do we stack up against the Clippers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would win in a 7 game series right now, rosters as is
Lakers
83%
 83%  [ 204 ]
Clippers
16%
 16%  [ 41 ]
Total Votes : 245

Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Pureshot77 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
There are two confusing aspects for the Clippers:

First, Patrick Beverly is listed as their starting PG, his career APG is 3.5, kinda low don't ya think? and who is their back-up PG?

Next, is their staring Center, our own beloved Zubac, with only 3 years of experience, still VERY mistake-prone and posting career scoring numbers of 6.4ppg and rebounding at 4.6rpg, he will get eaten up and be in foul trouble against every decent center in the NBA!

SOURCE: https://hoopshype.com/2019/07/10/nba-depth-charts/

Blue Oyster Cult should remake their old hit, changing the title to: "Don't Fear the Clippers"

Assists are the least valuable of all counting stats. How many do you think that Bradley will get starting for the Lakers?

I don't agree that assists are the least valuable stat for a PG. But setting that aside, this is a fair point as SGA only averaged 3.3 assists a game last year. However, I would argue that Bradley's assist numbers are just as if not more inconsequential to the Laker's success seeing as how he plays alongside Lebron James.

Exactly my point in posting that. Beverly’s assists won’t matter playing with Kawhi and George, both players will distribute the ball.

The same Kawhi & George that have career assists totals of 2.4 & 3.3 ?

Oh yeah, Clippers should be just fine.... (lol)

Yes, they likely will be just fine.

I’m sure that makes you happy. Just don’t go jumping back on our bandwagon when we win a ring in the next few years. Don’t pretend like you called it.

Did he promise to join the clippers bandwagon more than a year ago? Why is he still here making dumb post?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:57 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Both teams got one more move to make. We saving a spot for hopefully a tall wing defender 3&D 'cough Iggy cough'. Clippers can trade Pat Bev/Harkless/McGruder/Zubac for a Steven Adams/Scroeder in dec too

They could but that would weaken their shooting and defense at PG. I guess it may be worth it with them getting a better distributor. Because I don’t their has ever been a team who won it all without a main distributor on the team.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
Pureshot77 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
The “Experts” (lol) are picking the Clippers based on them adding Kawhi & George “to a team that won 48 games last season”!

Did the “experts” consider that the Clippers only have (5) guys who were on the team ALL of last season?

And only (3) of them were regular players (Williams, Beverly, Harrell).

The other (2) were not exactly big contributors: Robinson (33 games @ 9mpg) and Motley (only 22 games @ 7 mpg). Depth? Really?

Have any of these “Experts” broken down the Clippers roster?

Sure they Kawhi, who had an awesome playoff run, yet missed 22 regular season games!

Their other star (George) had multiple off-season surgeries and may miss the first 3 to 4 weeks at the beginning of next season.

Ok, the Clippers retained (4) players who came over in trades: Harkless, Shamert, Green, and Zubac. Depth? Maybe…

Clippers added (2) players from this year’s draft: Kabengele, and Mann, who will contribute very little if anything to their depth.

I guess I’m not an expert because I just don’t see the “depth” they are raving about!

And as far as Coaching, Doc Rivers has had a winning record with the Clippers for his entire 6 years, but his only championship will have been 12 seasons ago in Boston, so in a league whose motto is “What have you done for me lately?”, Doc doesn’t have much to brag about…

Having Chris Paul certainly helped with that. Paul even managed to carry Byron Scott to winning records.

Another thing the experts aren't considering is Paul George. There is a good chance Paul George won't do as good as expected. Last season he had a great season...but that was before his shoulder injury. I believe he was shooting 46% from 3 prior to the injury and 40% after. A significant drop. And he just had surgery on his other shoulder and will be out for an unknown amount of time. And he has a history of serious injuries.

Additionally Paul George's performance can be attributed to Russell Westbrook. If you look at his stats, he averaged around 8.5 rebounds, 10 assists, and about 23 points. He received so much attention and distrubated the ball so well, PG likely benefited from this. It is possible without Westbrook, PG couldn't have be so dominant. Unfortunately, Kawhi Leonard only averages about 2-3 assists per game so the fit between him and Kawhi are questionable.

So given his injury and the questionable fit between him and Kawhi, I think at least offensively they won't be as good. Defensively they will..so I think they will win a lot of games, but they won't have enough scoring to get them over the top.

I keep hearing about how the two is an automatic fit together. I don’t see what about their games connect but I also see why they wouldn’t work together. After all PG is the type to fall in line and let Kawhi be the lead. He did it with Westbrook who’s ball dominate. So I could see the two fitting together. With that said you hear things like we have to see how Frank uses Lebron and AD lol so the experts can’t see how the two would have a killer pick and roll?
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject:

They have zero interior defense. Harrell 6’8 LMAO...and Zu? AD and Boogie will have a feast not to mention lobs with McGee and Bron attacking the rim.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
They have zero interior defense. Harrell 6’8 LMAO...and Zu? AD and Boogie will have a feast not to mention lobs with McGee and Bron attacking the rim.

It’s quite comical just watching AD games vs the fliers 46pts 16rebs 4ast and the win on the road

AD can be more dominant than Lebron 40 plus is so easy and he he’s grab 20 Rebs while doing it.
23pts 13rebs 5ast 3stls 3blks

TrueLies
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
TrueLies wrote:
Car54 wrote:
E=MC² wrote:
Lakers are significantly better, purely from roster construction standpoint. We have the playmakers, we have the shooters, we have a dominant front court, we have three and D guys. We have an extremely balanced and well constructed team

Agreed they have one play maker in PG unless you count Shamet as one. Kawhi and Beverly are not play makers

Lou Williams

Man Lou Will is a shooter, he is more Jamal Crawford, he's a microwave. I don't see him running the point for extended periods of time.

I'm not sure when was the last time you saw Lou play, but he has improved a lot in that department. He's obviously not a pure playmaker, but he is a great passer. He averaged close to 8 assist against the Warriors in the playoffs
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:12 pm    Post subject:

we have 2 power forwards and a center that can dribble, post-up and play defense well. what are you afraid of? Each of these needs a double teamed defense if he is posting up. Outside shooters will have their hands full. in a good way of course.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:19 pm    Post subject:

In a nutshell you summed it up moonriver. People keep talking about the pairing of Lebron and Davis..but the pairing of Cousins and Davis already happened (although only a short period of time due to a trade) and was successful.

This is in the words of Demarcus Cousins in Jan 2019 (prior to free agency and when he was on a stacked Warrior team)

“I think about our pairing all the time,” Cousins said. “Me and AD talk about it. It’s f–ked up.

“It could’ve been something great, something special, but other people had different things in mind. That’s out of our control, and you never know what’ll happen later on down the line.”

Notice the use of the f word. There is a reason why Cousins came to the Lakers and it isn't because of the Lakers themselves.

So there is no reason to worry..unless you are on the opposing team Good luck Clippers!!
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully Lou Williams comes back down to earth next season. Put up 20/5 in only 26MPG

He should also fire his agent for allowing him to sign that dirt cheap extension
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:12 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Hopefully Lou Williams comes back down to earth next season. Put up 20/5 in only 26MPG

He should also fire his agent for allowing him to sign that dirt cheap extension

He's been taking those bargain deals throughout his career. It's so weird.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:35 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
King Randle wrote:

It’s quite comical just watching AD games vs the fliers 46pts 16rebs 4ast and the win on the road

AD can be more dominant than Lebron 40 plus is so easy and he he’s grab 20 Rebs while doing it.

It's going to be really interesting to see who gets the assignment from Doc to guard AD. The guys they had on him in those two meetings last season (Harris, Gortat, and Gallinari) aren't even Clippers anymore. But obviously Doc's strategy was to go with length. Based on that, my best guess is that it'll be George's job to contain AD and Kawhi will be on LeBron. And I think Beverley will be on Green because Doc will trust his discipline and defensive IQ to know when to stay at home and close out on Green vs helping to disrupt AD and LeBron when they get the ball.
KobeStark
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:15 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Car54 wrote:
King Randle wrote:

It's going to be really interesting to see who gets the assignment from Doc to guard AD. The guys they had on him in those two meetings last season (Harris, Gortat, and Gallinari) aren't even Clippers anymore. But obviously Doc's strategy was to go with length. Based on that, my best guess is that it'll be George's job to contain AD and Kawhi will be on LeBron. And I think Beverley will be on Green because Doc will trust his discipline and defensive IQ to know when to stay at home and close out on Green vs helping to disrupt AD and LeBron when they get the ball.

PG3 on AD?? That’s BBQ Chicken 😂
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject:

KobeStark wrote:
Judah wrote:
Car54 wrote:
King Randle wrote:

PG3 on AD?? That’s BBQ Chicken 😂

Yeah PG can't be on AD. The Clipps will have to make a move imo. They have no one on the roster that should be guarding AD.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Car54 wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Montrez was on him as well and he’s a clipper still.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Car54 wrote:
King Randle wrote:

He’s not gonna have Kawhi on him full time. I think he’s gonna put pat on Lebron like he did this season and how he used him on KD. Beverly on Green is a waste.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Pureshot77 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
There are two confusing aspects for the Clippers:

First, Patrick Beverly is listed as their starting PG, his career APG is 3.5, kinda low don't ya think? and who is their back-up PG?

Next, is their staring Center, our own beloved Zubac, with only 3 years of experience, still VERY mistake-prone and posting career scoring numbers of 6.4ppg and rebounding at 4.6rpg, he will get eaten up and be in foul trouble against every decent center in the NBA!

SOURCE: https://hoopshype.com/2019/07/10/nba-depth-charts/

Blue Oyster Cult should remake their old hit, changing the title to: "Don't Fear the Clippers"

Assists are the least valuable of all counting stats. How many do you think that Bradley will get starting for the Lakers?

I don't agree that assists are the least valuable stat for a PG. But setting that aside, this is a fair point as SGA only averaged 3.3 assists a game last year. However, I would argue that Bradley's assist numbers are just as if not more inconsequential to the Laker's success seeing as how he plays alongside Lebron James.

Exactly my point in posting that. Beverly’s assists won’t matter playing with Kawhi and George, both players will distribute the ball.

The same Kawhi & George that have career assists totals of 2.4 & 3.3 ?

Oh yeah, Clippers should be just fine.... (lol)

Yes, they likely will be just fine.

I’m sure that makes you happy. Just don’t go jumping back on our bandwagon when we win a ring in the next few years. Don’t pretend like you called it.

Did he promise to join the clippers bandwagon more than a year ago? Why is he still here making dumb post?

Wouldn’t be surprised ... consider the source
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject:

I think expecting PG/KL to do the playmaking is not a good recipe for success. I think KL is more of a scorer rather than all around playmaker/scorer kind of player.

I can see an iso heavy system next year. At least last year, they had low usage players who shared the ball. It was very egalitarian. With PG/KL no as much.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think expecting PG/KL to do the playmaking is not a good recipe for success. I think KL is more of a scorer rather than all around playmaker/scorer kind of player.

I can see an iso heavy system next year. At least last year, they had low usage players who shared the ball. It was very egalitarian. With PG/KL no as much.

Its not, they arent playmakers; every team has its flaws this year, there is no GSW juggernaut. I have it Lakers Clippers Bucks in that order as the most likely to win. Throw in GSW and Nets if Klay or KD coming back 90% or better
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Its not, they arent playmakers; every team has its flaws this year, there is no GSW juggernaut. I have it Lakers Clippers Bucks in that order as the most likely to win. Throw in GSW and Nets if Klay or KD coming back 90% or better

The Clips perimeter defense will be stifling this year. Probably one of the best perimeter defensive trios ever if they all stay healthy.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject:

Lakers in 7 but only because the Lakers will have 7 home games. The Clips are slightly better but I think the Lakers pull out a 7 game series.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject:

count me down as another who dont think the Clippers will be nearly as good as hyped. I cant wait to see the Lakers run them out of town.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Lakers in 7 but only because the Lakers will have 7 home games. The Clips are slightly better but I think the Lakers pull out a 7 game series.

Right now I have them evenly matched.

Depends on:

1. Iggy (who gets him)
2. other buyout guys later in the year
3. trades (Clips have some really tradeable pieces).
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Judah wrote:
Car54 wrote:
King Randle wrote:

He’s not gonna have Kawhi on him full time. I think he’s gonna put pat on Lebron like he did this season and how he used him on KD. Beverly on Green is a waste.

How is Beverly able to guard LeBron when he's only 6'1?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
count me down as another who dont think the Clippers will be nearly as good as hyped. I cant wait to see the Lakers run them out of town.

I think they will be good. But people talk about how fragile LBJ/AD supposedly are and don't apply the same level of scrutiny to PG (2 shoulder surgeries this offseason) and KL (founder of LoadManagement.com).
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Judah wrote:
Car54 wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Montrez was on him as well and he’s a clipper still.

But what position will he play? If he plays the 5 he'll be on Boogie. Maybe Doc starts he and Zubac together? That could possibly work, I guess.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 15 of 18
Jump to: