How well do we stack up against the Clippers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would win in a 7 game series right now, rosters as is
Lakers
83%
 83%  [ 204 ]
Clippers
16%
 16%  [ 41 ]
Total Votes : 245

KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:23 am    Post subject:

if the Lakers play smart and slow the game down, use their size and play physical they have a clear cut advantage. Boogie/AD/Lebron/Kuz are the best front court in the league. Nothing the Clippers have can match up with that.

We also have shooting with Bradley, Green, Avery and intangibles not to be bullied around with Iggy(if he comes) and McGee.

If the Lakers get into a running game, it could be a problem.

Also if Lebron will play pg, I want to see him take Bradley down low and force the double team.

Lakers in 6
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject:

D-Shiznit wrote:
They have not a single player who can pass the ball at a high level or initiate an offense, and no big that can defend. The new car smell of the PG/KL signing will wear off and people will realize just how deeply flawed their roster is.

Basically this. In addition to a lack of bench depth
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject:

The way I see it, the closing line-ups for each team will be the following:

Clippers:

G: Patrick Beverley
G: Lou Will
F: Kawhi
F: PG13
C: Montrezl Harrel

Lakers:

G: LeBron James
G: Danny Green
F: Kyle Kuzma
F: Anthony Davis
C: DeMarcus Cousins

I think the team that wins is the team that makes the other team adjust to them. Obviously the Lakers are much bigger than the Clippers. If those are the lineups to close out the game, then you have 2 glaring mismatches. The first one would be PG13 on AD, and the second one most likely is Patrick Beverley on Kuzma since Kawhi will take LeBron.

If Lakers can really exploit those two match-ups, I just don't see how the clippers can keep up.

On the flip side, we'll have trouble guarding PG13. Assuming Green is on Kawhi, we'll most likely have to rely on Kuzma or AD guarding George since we'll probably be hiding LeBron on Beverley. Let's say it's AD on George. Well that takes our best defensive big out of the paint and on the perimeter which isn't ideal. But I think AD's length can really affect George on the perimeter although he'll be at a disadvantage with respect to foot speed. That then leaves Kuzma guarding Lou Will, which is a nightmare for all Laker fans. Lou Will is probably the scariest offensive threat on that team, and I can see the Lakers putting in either KCP or Avery Bradley to try to contain Lou.

Anyways thats the way I see it breaking down. It'll be a battle of attrition with each team imposing their play style. Either way, it's shaping out to be a great showdown
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject:

In the playoffs:

LBJ on PG

Danny on Kawhi
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
if the Lakers play smart and slow the game down, use their size and play physical they have a clear cut advantage. Boogie/AD/Lebron/Kuz are the best front court in the league. Nothing the Clippers have can match up with that.

We also have shooting with Bradley, Green, Avery and intangibles not to be bullied around with Iggy(if he comes) and McGee.

If the Lakers get into a running game, it could be a problem.

Also if Lebron will play pg, I want to see him take Bradley down low and force the double team.

Lakers in 6

I think we need to keep pushing the pace because Lebron, AD, McGee and Kuz are all more effective and at their best in transition. Between those 4 guys we have plenty of speed. We'd have to be stupid not to take advantage of that, especially when you consider how strong the Clippers will be defensively. Kuz and Lebron will especially benefit from a fast pace because they could get easy shots before KL, PG and Harrell get fully back.

When we don't have anything early is when we should be patient and use our size to our advantage.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Pound them inside with AD, Cousins, and Lebron, and kick it out for 3s. Also Lebron and AD pick and roll is going to Kill with Green, Bradley in the corner and Cousins around the basket
JJLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:18 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
In the playoffs:

LBJ on PG

Danny on Kawhi

I would love to see Danny on #2 and see how it plays out. Danny knows what the guy is thinking/looking for and trying to do. He knows his offence brain.
TrueLies
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:08 am    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:

Clippers:

Lakers:

I think the team that wins is the team that makes the other team adjust to them. Obviously the Lakers are much bigger than the Clippers. If those are the lineups to close out the game, then you have 2 glaring mismatches. The first one would be PG13 on AD, and the second one most likely is Patrick Beverley on Kuzma since Kawhi will take LeBron.

If Lakers can really exploit those two match-ups, I just don't see how the clippers can keep up.

On the flip side, we'll have trouble guarding PG13. Assuming Green is on Kawhi, we'll most likely have to rely on Kuzma or AD guarding George since we'll probably be hiding LeBron on Beverley. Let's say it's AD on George. Well that takes our best defensive big out of the paint and on the perimeter which isn't ideal. But I think AD's length can really affect George on the perimeter although he'll be at a disadvantage with respect to foot speed. That then leaves Kuzma guarding Lou Will, which is a nightmare for all Laker fans. Lou Will is probably the scariest offensive threat on that team, and I can see the Lakers putting in either KCP or Avery Bradley to try to contain Lou.

Anyways thats the way I see it breaking down. It'll be a battle of attrition with each team imposing their play style. Either way, it's shaping out to be a great showdown

Who is going to guard Harrell in that line up? They're going to pick and roll Cousins to death
Shoot Like Kobe
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:18 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:

What are you talking about? They don't have a Bradley. If you meant Beverley... I'm gonna hope you're smart enough to know that just because LeBron is technically "point guard" it doesn't mean that they're not gonna have George or Kawhi on him lol.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:47 am    Post subject:

Shoot Like Kobe wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

What are you talking about? They don't have a Bradley. If you meant Beverley... I'm gonna hope you're smart enough to know that just because LeBron is technically "point guard" it doesn't mean that they're not gonna have George or Kawhi on him lol.

Maybe he meant in scrimmages :p
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:51 am    Post subject:

TrueLies wrote:
Inverse wrote:

Clippers:

Lakers:

Who is going to guard Harrell in that line up? They're going to pick and roll Cousins to death

That is true.

But then they will destroy Harrell in the post. He is an undersized guy who just hustles to compensate.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject:

Who are the centers for the Clippers? Every Championship team has a quality big man in the middle. If they don't have one, I honestly don't think they'd even make it to the WCF. The Lakers' size is just gonna overwhelm the undersized Clips. People don't recognize the contribution of Gasol and Ibaka on that Toronto team.
TrueLies
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
TrueLies wrote:
Inverse wrote:

Clippers:

Lakers:

That is true.

But then they will destroy Harrell in the post. He is an undersized guy who just hustles to compensate.

Cousins is going to destroy him in the post? I doubt it
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Harrell eats people up....

Dude is an energizer bunny. Every lazy play our team does, he's going to capitalize
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Who are the centers for the Clippers? Every Championship team has a quality big man in the middle. If they don't have one, I honestly don't think they'd even make it to the WCF. The Lakers' size is just gonna overwhelm the undersized Clips. People don't recognize the contribution of Gasol and Ibaka on that Toronto team.

I don’t think they are done making moves. Steven Adams would likely be available. Clips still have Harkless, Zu, Miami pick and fillers that they can move.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:31 pm    Post subject:

TrueLies wrote:
Inverse wrote:

Clippers:

Lakers:

Our closing line will be: AB Green LBJ Kuz AD most nights. It just seems to match up better with that Clippers and its our most modern lineup
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject:

TrueLies wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
TrueLies wrote:
Inverse wrote:

Clippers:

Lakers:

That is true.

He did go 14 points and 6 rebounds against him in 15 minutes his 1st game back.
TrueLies
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:53 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
TrueLies wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
TrueLies wrote:
Inverse wrote:

Clippers:

Lakers:

That is true.

Most of those points were scored against Gortat who was waived almost immediately after
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject:

TrueLies wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
TrueLies wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
TrueLies wrote:
Inverse wrote:

Clippers:

Lakers:

That is true.

Most of those points were scored against Gortat who was waived almost immediately after

DeMarcus is too big for that little guy.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Too slow too.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Too slow too.

What does that matter. Harrell struggles against length on both ends.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
TrueLies wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
TrueLies wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
TrueLies wrote:
Inverse wrote:

Clippers:

Lakers:

That is true.

DeMarcus is too big for that little guy.

Cousins will dominant Harrell assuming we see something similar to the old Demarcus.

As far as pick and roll through this could be a problem. The issue seems to be cousins doesn’t step out Enough. But perhaps with David behind him to protect the rim, he won’t be hesitant to step out on the pick and will be better
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Ban the IP address of those 33 LGers that voted Zippers.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Kawhi only played 60 regular season games last season, meaning he missed 22 games!

Are the Klippers gonna let him sit out 22 games when they are paying him the big bucks? NOPE..

Could he get re-injured? YEP..

Hopefully they will rest him the 4 games they play the Lakers...
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:20 am    Post subject:

That's easy. We will sweep The Snakes in the regular season and we again sweep them if we meet in the playoffs.

What are you underestimating is Lakers Wrath
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 11 of 18
Jump to: