How well do we stack up against the Clippers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would win in a 7 game series right now, rosters as is
Lakers
83%
 83%  [ 204 ]
Clippers
16%
 16%  [ 41 ]
Total Votes : 245

Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject:

I think an underrated loss for clippers was losing gilgeous-alexander. They don't really have a point guard on offense. I'm curious to how they are going to run their offense and where the ball movement will be generated from.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject:

It will all depend upon which team has the healthier stars going into the playoffs.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject:

it's pretty close but power can shift if Shamet or Kuz take that next step. If Shamet turns into klay 2.0 like all the Clippers fan base (all 20 of them) expect him to then we're toast.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject:

We did a great job bringing in shooting but we could and should have targeted a couple high end wing defenders-- RHJ and Stanley. Would have loved to see those 2 finding mins at the bench.

Which is why that Iggy is such a sewing piece. If we get him, we're set. if Clippers get him, we're down a guy who can combat KL/PG.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Clippers will look like

Zubac/Harrell
J.Green/Harkless
Kawhi/McGruder
PG13/Shamet
Beverly/Lou Will

Solid 10 man team that will be well coached. I don't see them having an anser for Boogie/AD though.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Would the Clippers have been able to re-sign Tobias Harris if they hadn't traded him?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
We did a great job bringing in shooting but we could and should have targeted a couple high end wing defenders-- RHJ and Stanley. Would have loved to see those 2 finding mins at the bench.

Which is why that Iggy is such a sewing piece. If we get him, we're set. if Clippers get him, we're down a guy who can combat KL/PG.

Pelinka had to cater to AD's dislike of playing center so that's basically at least one roster spot wasted right there. Then there's the Keep Rich Paul Happy tax they had to pay on KCP's ridiculous deal, and another wasted spot. If AD gives a verbal commitment to stay beyond this season, or even strongly hints at it I think this roster would look a lot different right now.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
2019 wrote:

Pelinka had to cater to AD's dislike of playing center so that's basically at least one roster spot wasted right there. Then there's the Keep Rich Paul Happy tax they had to pay on KCP's ridiculous deal, and another wasted spot. If AD gives a verbal commitment to stay beyond this season, or even strongly hints at it I think this roster would look a lot different right now.

I'm actually fine with having a nominal starting center to take the brunt against bruising centers for two shifts (start of 1st/3rd Qs).

AD will close as a "center" IMO.

KCP. I have nothing else to say. Just hoping he can turn into a 3/D guy he was advertised as being.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
2019 wrote:

Why wouldn't you play AD at the position he wants and get him a center if you want him to stay? Why would AD commit, if you didn't play him where he wants or he didn't like the roster? The roster would look the same.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject:

We can have one of the best benches in the NBA

McGee
Kuzma
KCP
Caruso

They all have chemistry together. McGee/Kuzma/KCP started a combined 153 games last year.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:31 am    Post subject:

There are two confusing aspects for the Clippers:

First, Patrick Beverly is listed as their starting PG, his career APG is 3.5, kinda low don't ya think? and who is their back-up PG?

Next, is their staring Center, our own beloved Zubac, with only 3 years of experience, still VERY mistake-prone and posting career scoring numbers of 6.4ppg and rebounding at 4.6rpg, he will get eaten up and be in foul trouble against every decent center in the NBA!

SOURCE: https://hoopshype.com/2019/07/10/nba-depth-charts/

Blue Oyster Cult should remake their old hit, changing the title to: "Don't Fear the Clippers"
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject:

Why do people so focus on the assist number of their pg? Fisher was once our starting point guard and we still won championship.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
Why do people so focus on the assist number of their pg? Fisher was once our starting point guard and we still won championship.

Oh, I don't know, probably because the the players leading in assists are typical the better player?

Magic, Nash, Stockton, LeBron, Westbrook, Kidd, Payton, Thomas, the all stacked up the assist and played on pretty good teams.

I'm sure if you look REAL HARD, you will find a guy or two who played on crappy teams that lead the NBA in assists, but it is the EXCEPTION and not the RULE...!

Last edited by unleasHell on Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:

First, Patrick Beverly is listed as their starting PG, his career APG is 3.5, kinda low don't ya think? and who is their back-up PG?

Next, is their staring Center, our own beloved Zubac, with only 3 years of experience, still VERY mistake-prone and posting career scoring numbers of 6.4ppg and rebounding at 4.6rpg, he will get eaten up and be in foul trouble against every decent center in the NBA!

Blue Oyster Cult should remake their old hit, changing the title to: "Don't Fear the Clippers"

Assists are the least valuable of all counting stats. How many do you think that Bradley will get starting for the Lakers?
Pureshot77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Assists are the least valuable of all counting stats. How many do you think that Bradley will get starting for the Lakers?

I don't agree that assists are the least valuable stat for a PG. But setting that aside, this is a fair point as SGA only averaged 3.3 assists a game last year. However, I would argue that Bradley's assist numbers are just as if not more inconsequential to the Laker's success seeing as how he plays alongside Lebron James.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Pureshot77 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

I don't agree that assists are the least valuable stat for a PG. But setting that aside, this is a fair point as SGA only averaged 3.3 assists a game last year. However, I would argue that Bradley's assist numbers are just as if not more inconsequential to the Laker's success seeing as how he plays alongside Lebron James.

Exactly my point in posting that. Beverly’s assists won’t matter playing with Kawhi and George, both players will distribute the ball.
Pureshot77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Pureshot77 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Exactly my point in posting that. Beverly’s assists won’t matter playing with Kawhi and George, both players will distribute the ball.

James is subjectively a better play maker than them both.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:

We ran the triangle which didn't require a traditional PG. Kobe was the orchestrator of the offense and was a better passer than Kawhi and PG. But I agree that the PG position isn't as important when you have KL/PG.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Pureshot77 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Pureshot77 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Significantly better.. That's one of Kawhi's biggest weaknesses imo.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

I think the Lakers PG will have the most assists (LeBron that is)..

And when Bradley was on the Griz, was he the back up PG? As Conley was their starting PG, it makes sense for a backup PG to not rack up big numbers of assists...

Who do you think will lead the Clippers in assists next season?
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Pureshot77 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

The same Kawhi & George that have career assists totals of 2.4 & 3.3 ?

Oh yeah, Clippers should be just fine.... (lol)
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Pureshot77 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Pureshot77 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Maybe he is but that has nothing to do with the discussion.
Pureshot77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Pureshot77 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Pureshot77 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Maybe he is but that has nothing to do with the discussion.

The original discussion was about the Clippers PG position, I'm just reacting to you bringing Avery Bradley (Lakers) into the discussion.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

Oh, I don't know, probably because the the players leading in assists are typical the better player?

Magic, Nash, Stockton, LeBron, Westbrook, Kidd, Payton, Thomas, the all stacked up the assist and played on pretty good teams.

I'm sure if you look REAL HARD, you will find a guy or two who played on crappy teams that lead the NBA in assists, but it is the EXCEPTION and not the RULE...!

Umm.. not sure what you are talking about.. I’m not saying Beverley is a good point guard. I’m trying to point out that not having a traditional point guard isn’t a major concern for the Clippers because it would be Leonard or George setting the offense.
TransientTexan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:14 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Would the Clippers have been able to re-sign Tobias Harris if they hadn't traded him?

Hard to say. That's alot of dominos to undo. They might've barely had space to retain Harris, but their depth would now look different and they might not have had enough assets to trade for P.George. I think if you undo the Harris trade, LAC cap space would've been something like $34.82m before the Leonard signing and George trade. Leonard cost $32.74m.

But they then wouldn't have had the cap space to absorb Harkless' contract, which was how they got one of the 1st's they traded for George. And one of the other 1st's they traded for George was one they got from PHI directly in the Harris trade. Those picks (originally from Miami) are worth more than the LAC picks they traded.

Even if OKC had eventually settled for much fewer assets for George, LAC's current rotation would look different (no Harkless, no Shamet, no Zubac). They wouldn't have had Muscala to trade for Zubac if not for the Harris trade. Though maybe LAL would've given them Zubac for some other flotsam
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 13 of 18
Jump to: