AVERY BRADLEY (2.0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Lakers really miss a guy who can guard other guards and make a 3.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Lakers really miss a guy who can guard other guards and make a 3.

meh whatever
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:57 pm    Post subject:

If we have to play both Portland and Houston in the playoffs, Avery would've been huge to guard Dame and Harden. Oh well. That would've also allowed us to play KCP in the bench instead of JR.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:52 am    Post subject:

When he opted out there was this narrative that it was no big deal and other players would be able to step and do the job.

So far that doesn’t seem to be working. They miss Bradley.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:20 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
When he opted out there was this narrative that it was no big deal and other players would be able to step and do the job.

So far that doesn’t seem to be working. They miss Bradley.

The loss of Bradley is huge.Better defender than KCP,Green, Waiters or Caruso.
Plays smart basketball.Who would have thought he would have made such a difference.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:39 am    Post subject:

AB not coming seems like betrayal to me. I might be overreacting but him being the only player to make this decision (from a top team) is crazy to me. I just hope his decision didn’t derail the season and teams chemistry.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:50 am    Post subject:

Some fans do/did not appreciate guys like Bradley and KCP. Bradley was a BEAST on both sides of the court the last 15 or so games.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:52 am    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
AB not coming seems like betrayal to me. I might be overreacting but him being the only player to make this decision (from a top team) is crazy to me. I just hope his decision didn’t derail the season and teams chemistry.

"Betrayal" is unreasonable.

He prioritized his family over his job. I can't criticize a guy for that.

We are in the middle of a pandemic. Basketball games are nothing more than entertainment.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:10 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

We are in the middle of a pandemic. Basketball games are nothing more than entertainment.

We are Laker fans we want our team to be at there best, yeah I’m with you family over sports though.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:49 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

while i agree with you i just dont know if its a genuine coverup.

We knew he was one of the guys with Kyrie who didnt wanted to go to the bubble.

Next thing we know he is out because of his kids health.

not saying he is lying but something to raise ur eyebrows over
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
activeverb wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

while i agree with you i just dont know if its a genuine coverup.

We knew he was one of the guys with Kyrie who didnt wanted to go to the bubble.

Next thing we know he is out because of his kids health.

not saying he is lying but something to raise ur eyebrows over

It doesn’t raise my eyebrows.

In the middle of a worldwide pandemic, where millions have gotten sick and many have died, I would not criticize any NBA player for staying out of the bubble for any reason. I don't think Bradley or any other player needs to justify their reason.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:44 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

I understood his reason before because I thought everyone was bringing their families and he couldn’t bring his 6 year old son due to health issues. Then I learned that no one was bringing their families along. His situation is not especially unique. I stand by believing he simply moved on from this current season. Blame the time away or whatever else but I believe he simply did not want to return. His choice of course. Also, it’s hard to explain why he’s been distant and hard to reach according to Green.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:02 pm    Post subject:

we need to replace him next season. hopefully he retires and free's up the money/cap
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Him deciding not to continue is his choice but I really hope he will not be paid. Guy left the team and organization.
I understand his family is most important but in that case you cannot have both. I wouldn't pay him a dollar. He didn't deserve it. And of course next season just move him from the team. He cannot be Laker anymore that is obvious.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:06 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
Him deciding not to continue is his choice but I really hope he will not be paid. Guy left the team and organization.
I understand his family is most important but in that case you cannot have both. I wouldn't pay him a dollar. He didn't deserve it. And of course next season just move him from the team. He cannot be Laker anymore that is obvious.

100% Agree.

to think that he is the only starter to miss from the contender sounds crazy to me.

I can understand giving importance family and all but this pandemic is no something you can control and you can always leave the bubble if things are not going well.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:33 am    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

100% Agree.

to think that he is the only starter to miss from the contender sounds crazy to me.

I can understand giving importance family and all but this pandemic is no something you can control and you can always leave the bubble if things are not going well.

This is great point. I really cannot understand the logic. You are in bubble so it means you cannot infect your family. If you need to help them if there is crisis with them just leave it. You can leave in any moment. This decision is beyond me and my comprehension. On top of all this other players are playing and they also have children. IMO his contract should have been already terminated.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:19 am    Post subject:

I thought he was a huge loss before but its so apparent now. He helps kick start our offense by making huge defensive stops / getting the team momentum / guys start hitting shots. He was a key cog.

But like other posters have said. I am done with Bradley the way he was done with his teammates and the team. Goodbye. I loved you for a good 6 months buddy. No love for you anymore.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:52 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

100% Agree.

This is great point. I really cannot understand the logic. You are in bubble so it means you cannot infect your family. If you need to help them if there is crisis with them just leave it. You can leave in any moment. This decision is beyond me and my comprehension. On top of all this other players are playing and they also have children. IMO his contract should have been already terminated.

that's why I am skeptical about the reason he gave. his situation was not like Ariza's. Many players have left the bubble, quarantined and now playing.

not even going? hmm

I think he should not play another game in lakers jersey
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:48 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

100% Agree.

Your family isn’t in a bubble, your compromised child isn’t in a bubble. Your opinion is beyond my comprehension, you place sports fandom over the value of someone else’s family. Honestly that is pathetic. And double down by being clueless about the CBA, there is no basis to terminate his contract. It’s folks like you who give sports fans a bad name
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:49 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

100% Agree.

This is why all of you should move on. I know you're all struggling because hes not with the team, but with therapy and the rest of the team to lean on you will get through it.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:05 am    Post subject:

I don't fault him for skipping the bubble . . . but I think it will be difficult to reintegrate him next year, whether we win or lose, because he wasn't with the team.

It's probably best to package him with the #1 for something.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:23 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
I don't fault him for skipping the bubble . . . but I think it will be difficult to reintegrate him next year, whether we win or lose, because he wasn't with the team.

It's probably best to package him with the #1 for something

yup
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:57 am    Post subject:

I guess it was inevitable that people would criticize his decision if his absence left a big hole.

Are other players not bringing their families into the bubble at some point? I thought that was the central issue of his decision.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:16 am    Post subject:

Think of things from a team chemistry standpoint...especially if we lose. Everyone on the team has had to make sacrifices to be there in the bubble. If things got bad he could’ve left when he wanted. Instead he left his teammates hanging. He’s not the only one going thru this yet everyone else showed up. I can’t imagine Lebron or AD being happy with him at all.

Sit out fine. But if all your coworkers are working he shouldn’t be paid. The son excuse is a head scratcher...the bubble is literally the safest place in the world right now.

We’d have to get rid of him to do right by our Lakers that showed up and are doing their job. I think it’s an insult to our guys to sit out for personal reasons as if this pandemic isn’t affecting everyone else’s lives in the bubble smh
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:22 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:

Well, any player can sit out the bubble, and they don't get paid for the games they miss. But if you are suggesting the Lakers should withhold his salary for the games he already played, of course they can't do that.

The Lakers aren't going to be vindictive, and they shouldn't be. If the win a championship, they've already said Bradley will get a ring.

As far as next season, I wouldn't move Bradley just for the sake of moving him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 41 of 62
Jump to: