AVERY BRADLEY (2.0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow323 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
^I think his kid has some kind of health condition, so even if it was permitted I don't think he would have been able to bring him without putting him at potentially higher risk of exposure.

a controlled billion dollar bubble is high risk?? with world class doctors at ur disposal?

I doubt that

Some context, no one knew how this whole bubble situation was going to end up. Alot of people had their doubts, its easy to say this now.

His kid has serious respiratory issues lol.. There's some things that are massively more important then basketball. Like you said, nobody had any kind of certainty of the success the bubble would eventually have not to mention this is still when the news were constantly showing death tolls rising in every state.

and to the person that asked about his sm.. I was curious about that too and the only official sm I could find on him was twitter and his last tweet was in 2017 I believe and he's still listed as a Celtic So i'm guessing he gave up on all that awhile back.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:35 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
danzag wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
^I think his kid has some kind of health condition, so even if it was permitted I don't think he would have been able to bring him without putting him at potentially higher risk of exposure.

a controlled billion dollar bubble is high risk?? with world class doctors at ur disposal?

I doubt that

In AB's defense we never knew the bubble was gonna work so well.

Maybe seeing that things turned out all right this year, he opts in for next season (assuming season starts in a bubble environment)

Pelinka wanted AB for a while. He wanted to trade Randle to the Celtics for him, but they wanted Nance instead. He starts for the Lakers. LeBron finds him often. He has the green light to shoot. He gets to play and defend his natural position without having ball handling duties. We told him he’ll get a ring if we win. I don’t know what’s really going on with AB, but I know he’s wanted here from top to bottom. There’s a good chance he returns just because it’s a great situation for him work wise.

I would like AB to be back as well. We need a lead attacker on those lead guard. With him, we don’t need to send double team to guys like Dame and Harden. Also vets like Green, Lebron and Rondo tend to coast defensively in a marathon regular season so we need someone like him to do it consistently. Hopefully he has work harder on his 3 ball.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:02 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
danzag wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

I doubt that

In AB's defense we never knew the bubble was gonna work so well.

Maybe seeing that things turned out all right this year, he opts in for next season (assuming season starts in a bubble environment)

Pelinka wanted AB for a while. He wanted to trade Randle to the Celtics for him, but they wanted Nance instead. He starts for the Lakers. LeBron finds him often. He has the green light to shoot. He gets to play and defend his natural position without having ball handling duties. We told him he’ll get a ring if we win. I don’t know what’s really going on with AB, but I know he’s wanted here from top to bottom. There’s a good chance he returns just because it’s a great situation for him work wise.

I would like AB to be back as well. We need a lead attacker on those lead guard. With him, we don’t need to send double team to guys like Dame and Harden. Also vets like Green, Lebron and Rondo tend to coast defensively in a marathon regular season so we need someone like him to do it consistently. Hopefully he has work harder on his 3 ball.

Yeah, couldn't have said it better. If the Lakers are able to bring him back I hope both him and Caruso primarily focus on getting there 3 ball solid and that would be a hell of a rotation.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:07 pm    Post subject:

I think he picks up his player option considering who knows what the cap looks like this offseason. I’m sure the guys would more than welcome him back.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:11 pm    Post subject:

I hope he gets the F out of here....
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:12 pm    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:
I think he picks up his player option considering who knows what the cap looks like this offseason. I’m sure the guys would more than welcome him back.

hope not. he is a quitter..
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:18 pm    Post subject:

This is BY FAR the strangest story of our season and really the only drama we have had.

I think the team would definitely welcome him back, but I'm not sure the fan base will / would be as receptive.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:27 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
This is BY FAR the strangest story of our season and really the only drama we have had.

I think the team would definitely welcome him back, but I'm not sure the fan base will / would be as receptive.

Who cares?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:

Who cares?

exactly...F him
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:09 am    Post subject:

Hopefully, it was truly because of family, and not because he listened to Kyrie. As it turns out, not many opted not to play. Actually, I can't think of anybody part of a rotation for a team that opted not to play. That whole Kyrie thing was some BS virtual signaling. He and KD could have made sure they got a black coach, and they didn't. It seems like it would be something you would do, if you were all about shutting down the bubble in the name of BLM. SAS on tv yelling at everybody, when he should be yelling at KD and Kyrie.

For the record, I just think the best guy should get the job, and I think if you're going to choose a former player, Nash is probably as good as it gets. But I'm just saying I thought Kyrie was all about the movement? He said he would give up all his earnings for something bigger. At the end of the day, he and KD made a "basketball" decision. Taking on a black coach, who may not be the best available coach, for symbolic meaning/movement would have hurt their chances for a chip, and they couldn't take that chance. After all that talk, Kyrie didn't walk the walk.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:59 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Hopefully, it was truly because of family, and not because he listened to Kyrie.

It's his right, however. And it has nothing to do with the Lakers, nor is it anything against them. There are things more important than Basketball.

Really not even worth going into more than that.

Jesusdelonla wrote:
dcastillo wrote:

hope not. he is a quitter..

If valuing the lives of others (including your own child's whom has serious respiratory issues) make you a quitter than I'd gladly be a quitter for my kids too.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:13 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Lakeshow323 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

I doubt that

Some context, no one knew how this whole bubble situation was going to end up. Alot of people had their doubts, its easy to say this now.

His kid has serious respiratory issues lol.. There's some things that are massively more important then basketball. Like you said, nobody had any kind of certainty of the success the bubble would eventually have not to mention this is still when the news were constantly showing death tolls rising in every state.

and to the person that asked about his sm.. I was curious about that too and the only official sm I could find on him was twitter and his last tweet was in 2017 I believe and he's still listed as a Celtic So i'm guessing he gave up on all that awhile back.

I can't stay be mad at a guy who thought he was doing what's best for his vulnerable kid. We are going to win anyways
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:20 am    Post subject:

I hope he comes back if the team is accepting of him. The biggest asset of our team (besides leadership) is the comradeship of the team as a whole. If our leadership feels his inclusion next season will not disrupt this, then bring him back (since pg may be a weakness).
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:30 am    Post subject:

We will welcome him back

Sure we wished he had stayed with us, but some things are more important than basketball, and right or wrong, he chose his family. I won’t argue with a father choosing the health of his son over basketball.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:10 am    Post subject:

There are some seriously vile individuals on the internet and sadly within this forum.

I for one would welcome him back, as I am sure his teammates would.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:55 am    Post subject:

When AB was on the Lakers
He gave a great effort

That’s all I can ask.

Him not doing the bubble due to family is totally cool and respected by me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:11 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

I don't get how people can be mad about him for that. I wish he were with the team, but things have gone incredibly smooth in the bubble. That wasn't a guarantee.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:14 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

I don't get how people can be mad about him for that. I wish he were with the team, but things have gone incredibly smooth in the bubble. That wasn't a guarantee.

Completely understandable, a disease with no cure and randomness on who will get severe symptoms... all good, god bless
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:52 am    Post subject:

h2omike wrote:
We will welcome him back

Sure we wished he had stayed with us, but some things are more important than basketball, and right or wrong, he chose his family. I won’t argue with a father choosing the health of his son over basketball.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:13 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

If he wants to sit out and be with his family, good on him. The thing that has bothered me with Avery is how he seems almost resentful of the team that came to the bubble. During an interview a couple months back, Bradley said this regarding accepting a championship ring:

Quote:
“Will I accept the ring? I’m neither here nor there about it,” Bradley told Yahoo Sports. “I am 10 years in this league. The physical possession of a ring doesn’t make me feel like more or less of a person. I play basketball strictly for enjoyment and to add to the support of my family. Supporting them is exactly what I’m doing right now.”

Who says that about a title that he played a huge part in bringing us?
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:19 am    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

If he wants to sit out and be with his family, good on him. The thing that has bothered me with Avery is how he seems almost resentful of the team that came to the bubble. During an interview a couple months back, Bradley said this regarding accepting a championship ring:

Quote:
“Will I accept the ring? I’m neither here nor there about it,” Bradley told Yahoo Sports. “I am 10 years in this league. The physical possession of a ring doesn’t make me feel like more or less of a person. I play basketball strictly for enjoyment and to add to the support of my family. Supporting them is exactly what I’m doing right now.”

I dont see anything wrong with what he said. In the grand scheme of things in life, a ring is so arbitrary. Im sure he wants to win like every athlete but it won't define him as a man on this earth.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:21 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Quote:

I dont see anything wrong with what he said. In the grand scheme of things in life, a ring is so arbitrary. Im sure he wants to win like every athlete but it won't define him as a man on this earth.

Maybe not the content of what was said, but the disassociation that feels lingering right behind the words. Maybe I'm reading too far into it, but it seems cut-off and slightly resentful of his team. But maybe I'm wrong.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:22 am    Post subject:

The question is what would be the NBA/NBPA negotiation regarding players with high risk diseases (larry nance JR) or who lives with fam member with high risk diseases next season if there's no vaccine yet... contract avoided? extra roster spot? insurance covered contract?
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:22 am    Post subject:

The team will be the one that decides if he stays or not if he opts-in. In that case he could be a good trade asset for another expiring.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:32 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Quote:

Maybe not the content of what was said, but the disassociation that feels lingering right behind the words. Maybe I'm reading too far into it, but it seems cut-off and slightly resentful of his team. But maybe I'm wrong.

I guess you could see it as resentful as he could have taken a higher road by verbalizing appreciation. After reading it several times though I think this is just somebody who doesn't define himself with "physical possession of a ring." Ring or not, he takes comfort in the fact that he would have contributed to a championship team and also made the best decision for his family.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 43 of 62
Jump to: