AVERY BRADLEY (2.0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:20 am    Post subject:

I hope we get Celtics Avery Bradley and not Clippers Avery Bradley. If he returns to form, and I think he can at 28 and down 40 pounds, then he would be a great fit alongside LBJ and Davis. We need that defense. Bradley and Caruso are the only 2 point guards likely to bring it, and I'm hoping those two take the lions' share of minutes at the 1 spot this season.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject:

I am not worried about Bradley. He's healthy and lost a ton of weight. Both are huge. Same with Dwight, he's healthy and down a bunch of weight. It really will help both of them.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject:

AB is a grinder and Vogel knows how to get these kind of players to play high-level defense. He's only a couple years removed from being 1st team all defense. I really believe he's going to be one of those "intangibles" guys who make the small plays that win games but don't show up in the stats. His ball handling isn't elite but on a team with Lebron and AD it's sufficient.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
AB is a grinder and Vogel knows how to get these kind of players to play high-level defense. He's only a couple years removed from being 1st team all defense. I really believe he's going to be one of those "intangibles" guys who make the small plays that win games but don't show up in the stats. His ball handling isn't elite but on a team with Lebron and AD it's sufficient.

Pat Bev-Kawhi-PG13 v Bradley-Green-AD
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject:

I watched a ton of Avery Bradley when he was on that douche bag team (forced to because of live in green country). My 2nd favorite team is anyone who plays the leprechauns. This kid is exactly what we need. He was the best perimeter defender in the league and could hit his open shots. He is not ball dominant (not a playmaker) and has no ego problems. He really hated leaving the Celts. I think playing for the Lakers and with our two studs is exacting what the Dr. ordered. This is going to revitalize his career and most on this board will say Patrick Who? (when everyone was overestimating Beverly's game).
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

IIRC, the Clippers are going to play PG13 at the 4, so:

Beverly v Bradley
Shamet v Green
Kawhi v LBJ
PG13 v AD
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
governator wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Beverly v Bradley
Shamet v Green
Kawhi v LBJ
PG13 v AD

Why not post the whole starting lineup

Bev vs Bradley
Shamet vs Green
Kawhi vs LBJ
PG vs AD
Zu vs Howard

Defensively we can matchup very well.

Kuz and Mcgee to match up against Lou and Harrell
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Howard likely will be coming off the bench
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
governator wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Beverly v Bradley
Shamet v Green
Kawhi v LBJ
PG13 v AD

Should be interesting. B/c when I was research PG13 clips (when he was a FA last summer), he HATED playing PF. Like he told his coach and was public about it on Indy.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
governator wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Beverly v Bradley
Shamet v Green
Kawhi v LBJ
PG13 v AD

Should be interesting. B/c when I was research PG13 clips (when he was a FA last summer), he HATED playing PF. Like he told his coach and was public about it on Indy.

https://www.lineups.com/nba/lineups/los-angeles-clippers
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:49 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:

https://www.lineups.com/nba/lineups/los-angeles-clippers

Can't see them closing games with Zu, it'll most likely be Harrell. We should probably consider ourselves a tad fortunate that they've stuck with Zu and didn't sign someone like Dedmon instead. Although they might make a trade for a better center in the winter... and centre isn't that much of a weakness for them because the rest of their team is big. Kawaii, Paula, Harkless, Green, Patterson and Mann are all 6'7"-6'9" and between 215-240 LBs... PatBev is quite strong for a PG + Harrell/Zu/Kabengele. That Kabengele rookie looks NBA-ready enough to contribute a good 10-15 minutes per game too.

Speaking of Dedmon, Sacramento has put together a nice dark-horse of a team. I think/hope they make the playoffs ahead of the Spurs, Mavs and Pels. Team USA lost a 50+ games win streak under Pop... it's about time the Spurs lost their streak of making the playoffs under him too.

Fox / Cory Joseph
Hield / Bogdanovic
Barnes / Ariza
Bagley / Bjelica
Dedmon / Holmes
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:58 am    Post subject:

Bradley has to just keep his focus on 3nD. Not much is going to be asked off him on offense if the stars are playing. It is not the Clippers situation. Clippers were not having any stars last year and Doc wanted more out of Avery. We are not going to be making him a featured player. Maybe a few set plays, but mostly his job will be to match up on defense, and help a little with the initiation of the offense for Lebron, and then slide into a SG role.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Bradley has to just keep his focus on 3nD. Not much is going to be asked off him on offense if the stars are playing. It is not the Clippers situation. Clippers were not having any stars last year and Doc wanted more out of Avery. We are not going to be making him a featured player. Maybe a few set plays, but mostly his job will be to match up on defense, and help a little with the initiation of the offense for Lebron, and then slide into a SG role.

If Bradley is playing like his last year in Boston you want him to be more than simply 3&D,Pac. That’s a guy I’d rather have as my 3rd guy than Kuz. That version of Bradley fit perfectly.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
governator wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Beverly v Bradley
Shamet v Green
Kawhi v LBJ
PG13 v AD

That must be why Doc is doing it. Gotta get that revenge somehow
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject:

It seems that two things will determine the Lakers future:
1. Avery Bradley getting back to defensive form. At least being able to slow down the great PGs that are in the West. He has been all defensive before.
Caruso may help but he is green.
2. The Lakers finding a backup SF to Lebron that can play defense. There are probably too many guards that there will be not enough playing time for.
But a big hole there.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
governator wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Beverly v Bradley
Shamet v Green
Kawhi v LBJ
PG13 v AD

Bev vs Bradley
Shamet vs Green
Kawhi vs LBJ
PG vs AD
Zu vs Howard

lebron can "rest" on Shamet while Green guards Kawhi
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
DLaker wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
governator wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Beverly v Bradley
Shamet v Green
Kawhi v LBJ
PG13 v AD

Bev vs Bradley
Shamet vs Green
Kawhi vs LBJ
PG vs AD
Zu vs Howard

lebron can "rest" on Shamet while Green guards Kawhi

I’d trust lebron on Kawhi more than I would Shamet. Lebron is in the Kobes years of guarding shooters. He will likely take more defensive pride in guarding the mIn guy.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject:

I think Kawhi is precisely the kind of player LBJ would get up to defend and do well. Kawhi bullies smaller defenders with his strength and length. He's not exceptionally fast as he's more of a half court player. Plays right into what LBJ can defend now.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think Kawhi is precisely the kind of player LBJ would get up to defend and do well. Kawhi bullies smaller defenders with his strength and length. He's not exceptionally fast as he's more of a half court player. Plays right into what LBJ can defend now.

Good take. I think he could also defend PG as well. Playoff Lebron is a different player than what we saw last season. The chip on his shoulder is going to bode well for us.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Good take. I think he could also defend PG as well. Playoff Lebron is a different player than what we saw last season. The chip on his shoulder is going to bode well for us.

PG13 is a bit more quicker and likes to run off screens and stuff. LBJ isn't great at defending that. But KL runs so many bully ball iso plays, and LBJ absolutely can defend it.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Agreed.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:43 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

PG13 is a bit more quicker and likes to run off screens and stuff. LBJ isn't great at defending that. But KL runs so many bully ball iso plays, and LBJ absolutely can defend it.

This was my thinking as well when someone suggested having him guard shamet. Same thing for PG. too much off ball action competing off of screens for bron. He’s already been paced two years in a row as the slowest moving player on the court.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:47 am    Post subject:

Yeah, LBJ (like many greats like Kobe too) in his age would be decimated by guys who run screens, run to the corner 3 spots, etc. LBJ isn't going to get to those spots on time.

I'd use LBJ on iso physical players. KL is that.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Yeah, LBJ (like many greats like Kobe too) in his age would be decimated by guys who run screens, run to the corner 3 spots, etc. LBJ isn't going to get to those spots on time.

I'd use LBJ on iso physical players. KL is that.

Agree completely, plus Lebron is going to take it that extra gear kind of like Kobe did once he started getting older when he matched up against another great player. KL is obviously still going to get his but it wont be easy just Like Lebron will still get his with KL on him as well. The majority of the season we can let Green and Bradley guard the best perimeter players but against the Clips especially we got to show them who the King of LA is.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:02 pm    Post subject:

really like what Im seeing and hearing from him. Loss 40 pounds, and is focused 100% on defense and spot up 3s... the perfect guard to have on the court with Lebron and AD.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 16 of 62
Jump to: