AVERY BRADLEY (2.0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:22 pm    Post subject:

No one is talking about Danny Green saying that Bradley has been distant and hard to contact. That’s not strange to the people excusing him?
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:23 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
No one is talking about Danny Green saying that Bradley has been distant and hard to contact. That’s not strange to the people excusing him?

Have a feeling he'll opt out which sucks because even if he opts out we still won't be under the cap. He was basically our second best player defensively. Oh well.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:24 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:

wow didn't read about this.

link?
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

link?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/lakersdaily.com/avery-bradley-has-been-distant-since-opting-season-restart/amp/
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:55 pm    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

Have a feeling he'll opt out which sucks because even if he opts out we still won't be under the cap. He was basically our second best player defensively. Oh well.

It ducks because before the shutdown AB was arguably our best guard. He was great against the Clippers. He’s also very competitive so I was shocked that he of all people were listing reasons why he didn’t want to return.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject:

These ex-Celtics Bradley and Rondo are killing us...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:03 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

link?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/lakersdaily.com/avery-bradley-has-been-distant-since-opting-season-restart/amp/

Time for some fact checking fun.

The guy whose tweet you linked to said people are "overreacting to this comment."

After that tweet, he released Green's full quote, which isn't as big a deal as the headline might suggest.

Green's actual quote is Bradley's "been a little distant, which is normal human nature." I have no idea what that means, but it doesn't sound critical of Bradley.

Also, Green didn't say Bradley's been hard to contact. Green said he hasn't talked to Bradley in a while and has been meaning to check in on him.

You can see Green's full quote here:

https://lakersdaily.com/avery-bradley-has-been-distant-since-opting-season-restart/
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Pretty obvious that the absence of Bradley has had a Impact on the Lakers during the Orlando bubble, but I completely understand that he wants to be with his family.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:39 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

link?

The guy whose tweet you linked to said people are "overreacting to this comment."

After that tweet, he released Green's full quote, which isn't as big a deal as the headline might suggest.

Green's actual quote is Bradley's "been a little distant, which is normal human nature." I have no idea what that means, but it doesn't sound critical of Bradley.

Also, Green didn't say Bradley's been hard to contact. Green said he hasn't talked to Bradley in a while and has been meaning to check in on him.

https://lakersdaily.com/avery-bradley-has-been-distant-since-opting-season-restart/

I read the entire quote and article. While it’s not as big of a deal, it’s still interesting. The keyword here is “distant” and just because Green is putting on himself to check in doesn’t disqualify the fact that it should go both ways. He cleaned it up saying “it’s human nature” but is it really? I hope to see Bradley supporting the team with the virtual fans. That would be a big boost to see him for team morale.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:49 am    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
activeverb wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

link?

I read the entire quote and article. While it’s not as big of a deal, it’s still interesting. The keyword here is “distant” and just because Green is putting on himself to check in doesn’t disqualify the fact that it should go both ways. He cleaned it up saying “it’s human nature” but is it really? I hope to see Bradley supporting the team with the virtual fans. That would be a big boost to see him for team morale.

Oh, sure. If I were Bradley I'd be very eager to interact with all the virtual fans who are obsessing about whether I text my teammates enough. Sounds like a dream come true.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
activeverb wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

link?

Oh, sure. If I were Bradley I'd be very eager to interact with all the virtual fans who are obsessing about whether I text my teammates enough. Sounds like a dream come true.

Exactly. What the heck is wrong with him?!
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:15 am    Post subject:

I wonder what the regular season defensive rating would be without Bradley, and how that would reflect on the current Final's odds.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:50 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Well, any player can sit out the bubble, and they don't get paid for the games they miss. But if you are suggesting the Lakers should withhold his salary for the games he already played, of course they can't do that.

The Lakers aren't going to be vindictive, and they shouldn't be. If the win a championship, they've already said Bradley will get a ring.

As far as next season, I wouldn't move Bradley just for the sake of moving him.

Couldn't agree more.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:11 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Players will be allowed to bring in family and "established longstanding personal friends," into The Bubble, per memo shared with teams today.

Did ballmer pay this guy not to go?

Something fishy in here.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:16 am    Post subject:

^I think his kid has some kind of health condition, so even if it was permitted I don't think he would have been able to bring him without putting him at potentially higher risk of exposure.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:29 am    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
^I think his kid has some kind of health condition, so even if it was permitted I don't think he would have been able to bring him without putting him at potentially higher risk of exposure.

a controlled billion dollar bubble is high risk?? with world class doctors at ur disposal?

I doubt that
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:37 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

a controlled billion dollar bubble is high risk?? with world class doctors at ur disposal?

I doubt that

I get AB's reluctance and doubt that Ballmer is influencing it. I just don't think we can bring him back after the season - particularly if the next season starts in December and it's another bubble situation.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:49 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

I doubt that

I wonder if knowing family was eventually allowed in the bubble would have changed his mind.

The bubble is the safest place in the country right now.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:11 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

I doubt that

In AB's defense we never knew the bubble was gonna work so well.

Maybe seeing that things turned out all right this year, he opts in for next season (assuming season starts in a bubble environment)
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:21 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

I doubt that

In AB's defense we never knew the bubble was gonna work so well.

Maybe seeing that things turned out all right this year, he opts in for next season (assuming season starts in a bubble environment)

Pelinka wanted AB for a while. He wanted to trade Randle to the Celtics for him, but they wanted Nance instead. He starts for the Lakers. LeBron finds him often. He has the green light to shoot. He gets to play and defend his natural position without having ball handling duties. We told him he’ll get a ring if we win. I don’t know what’s really going on with AB, but I know he’s wanted here from top to bottom. There’s a good chance he returns just because it’s a great situation for him work wise.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:00 am    Post subject:

I hope I will never see him wearing Laker uniform again.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Is anyone following his SM? Is he supporting the team? Will he be back next year?
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:25 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

link?

Thank you much!! I, for one, appreciate the fact checking...
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Is anyone following his SM? Is he supporting the team? Will he be back next year?

F... him. Hope he is not even close to the team right now. We don't need weak mentality like that at this moment. Stay as far as possible please.
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

I doubt that

Some context, no one knew how this whole bubble situation was going to end up. Alot of people had their doubts, its easy to say this now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 42 of 62
Jump to: