The Lakers are winning the championship this year.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thee Black Mamba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject: The Lakers are winning the championship this year.

The Lakers will be the 2020 NBA Champions.

I will be also placing a sizeable on LAL to win it all next year as a verified back up to this claim.

Before you get red in the face and try to argue your points, please take into consideration of the following:

+ A very well rested and motivated Lebron is coming back. There were a few games I was pretty heated about his poor body language and games where it seemed like he wasnt trying AT ALL, Lebron still posted 27/8/8 on a miserable roster that didnt compliment his play style.

As someone who absolutely loathed Lebron before he came to LA, even I must admit - it's very impressive at his age. He will never be Kobe to me, but he is still very very special. I expect him to have a career high in assists, few minutes played per game and overall great health as he conserves his energy for a very strong and peak like playoff run. This, combined with the fact that EVERYONE has criticized him last year, I believe he will have a very, very dominant season.

+ Anthony Davis somehow is now the most underrated player in the NBA. Because playoffs wins are a metric for how good players are to some people, AD is literally seen as a top 10 player on most boards, top 3 on others, yet isnt capable of producing winning basketball in the playoffs. He is healthy, will have one of his best seasons yet and is still in the midst of his prime. Understand that AD will be the MVP next year as the offense goes through him first, everyone else second and Lebron adjusting as needed. If both he and Bron are healthy, there is not a scarier duo than those two coming down the court. They are impossible to stop.

+ Danny Green - 2X NBA champ, excellent defender and 3PT shooter is the exact piece Lebron has been missing for a long time. Danny, on top of living in Kawhi's shadow last year, will be motivated to get back to the Finals and will FEAST off the looks Lebron and AD provide. He will have a career year, especially with the criticism he received for his poor play in the post season.

+ Kyle Kuzma - a true X factor, his (and Boogie's) play will determine if we win the chip or not. Now that the trade fiasco is over and the dust has settled, nothing motivates a man to work hard like being thrown out of the house. Having made the final cut, Kuz has enlisted Metta to help train him on defense. This plus a return to a sold 3PT percentage and youve got another player who will be feasting from open looks.

+ Demarcus Cousins - This is the steal of the offseason. Next year's excuses for winning the chip will be literally "The Lakers had 4 All Stars". Go look at the video posted today of Boogie talking with the media for the Lakers - bro slimmed down 40lbs or more. Its crazy. Even returning from TWO injuries he still posted a solid 16-8 in the post season. I expect a massive contribution from him all season long.

Load management is the new formula for championships. Expect a lot of teams to manage the minutes and games of their star players next year. We have quite a few scoring threats that can rotate and keep our stars fresh for the playoffs.

Ill update as soon as I place my bet.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Facts

LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lakers are winning the championship this year.

Thee Black Mamba wrote:

I will be also placing a sizeable on LAL to win it all next year as a verified back up to this claim.

Before you get red in the face and try to argue your points, please take into consideration of the following:

+ A very well rested and motivated Lebron is coming back. There were a few games I was pretty heated about his poor body language and games where it seemed like he wasnt trying AT ALL, Lebron still posted 27/8/8 on a miserable roster that didnt compliment his play style.

As someone who absolutely loathed Lebron before he came to LA, even I must admit - it's very impressive at his age. He will never be Kobe to me, but he is still very very special. I expect him to have a career high in assists, few minutes played per game and overall great health as he conserves his energy for a very strong and peak like playoff run. This, combined with the fact that EVERYONE has criticized him last year, I believe he will have a very, very dominant season.

+ Anthony Davis somehow is now the most underrated player in the NBA. Because playoffs wins are a metric for how good players are to some people, AD is literally seen as a top 10 player on most boards, top 3 on others, yet isnt capable of producing winning basketball in the playoffs. He is healthy, will have one of his best seasons yet and is still in the midst of his prime. Understand that AD will be the MVP next year as the offense goes through him first, everyone else second and Lebron adjusting as needed. If both he and Bron are healthy, there is not a scarier duo than those two coming down the court. They are impossible to stop.

+ Danny Green - 2X NBA champ, excellent defender and 3PT shooter is the exact piece Lebron has been missing for a long time. Danny, on top of living in Kawhi's shadow last year, will be motivated to get back to the Finals and will FEAST off the looks Lebron and AD provide. He will have a career year, especially with the criticism he received for his poor play in the post season.

+ Kyle Kuzma - a true X factor, his (and Boogie's) play will determine if we win the chip or not. Now that the trade fiasco is over and the dust has settled, nothing motivates a man to work hard like being thrown out of the house. Having made the final cut, Kuz has enlisted Metta to help train him on defense. This plus a return to a sold 3PT percentage and youve got another player who will be feasting from open looks.

+ Demarcus Cousins - This is the steal of the offseason. Next year's excuses for winning the chip will be literally "The Lakers had 4 All Stars". Go look at the video posted today of Boogie talking with the media for the Lakers - bro slimmed down 40lbs or more. Its crazy. Even returning from TWO injuries he still posted a solid 16-8 in the post season. I expect a massive contribution from him all season long.

Load management is the new formula for championships. Expect a lot of teams to manage the minutes and games of their star players next year. We have quite a few scoring threats that can rotate and keep our stars fresh for the playoffs.

Putting your money where your mouth is!!! Nice!!!
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:34 pm    Post subject:

to OP's credit I clicked on this thread solely to ask him/her to place a sizable bet vis-a-vis this claim
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:34 pm    Post subject:

I hope you’re from the future
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Facts
(for the people in the back)
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Keep up the positive energy! Let's go!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject:

SPEAK IT INTO EXISTENCE
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Mrs. Cleo. The fortune teller
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lakers are winning the championship this year.

Thee Black Mamba wrote:

I think we win the Championship IF the coaching staff finds a way to continuously set picks for LeBron, allowing him to score easier, set others up more efficiently and be fresher for the playoffs.

Extending LeBron's career is the key to winning the next 2-3 Ch'ips.
No. 17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject:

OP is totally right. Hence my username.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject:

No. 17 wrote:
OP is totally right. Hence my username.

Bynum? Fox?
No. 17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Nah, our next ring will be number 17
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Eh, why not man. It's possible.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Keep up the positive energy! Let's go!
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Baby steps....

It's been 6 years since we made the playoffs
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject:

💯
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject:

I won't say we're going to win the championship this year, but it's a realistic goal.

We have a pretty well-balanced roster, and our FA pickups have addressed most, if not all of our weakenesses and question marks.

Between LeBron, AD, Kuz, McGee and Bradley, we have the footspeed to play a true uptempo game, but we also have the personnel to punish teams when the game slows down.

One key will be taking the load off LeBron when it comes to bringing the ball upcourt and dictating the pace. This is where Bradley can shine. He can attack in the open court and get buckets, as well as handle the ball in the halfcourt and create (and hit) his own shot.

The media is selling us short when they say the Clippers are clearly better than us. I really don't know who the better team (Lakers or Clippers) is right now.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:07 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
💯

Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject:

LeBron + Davis is an incredible duo, best in the league. In my many years watching basketball, the team with the two best players has won far more often than not. I ain't betting against this team, that's for sure.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject:

I was about to place a $1000 bet on bovada a week before the Lakers traded for AD. They were 20:1 favorites to win it at that point but I thought it was pretty obvious they would land AD and had a good chance at Kawhi. Alas I got cold feet last second as I had my cursor hovering over "Place Bet" and cancelled it instead.

A week later, they traded for AD and I saw those odds disintegrate to 3:1.

Still kicking myself over that
Thee Black Mamba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
I was about to place a $1000 bet on bovada a week before the Lakers traded for AD. They were 20:1 favorites to win it at that point but I thought it was pretty obvious they would land AD and had a good chance at Kawhi. Alas I got cold feet last second as I had my cursor hovering over "Place Bet" and cancelled it instead.

A week later, they traded for AD and I saw those odds disintegrate to 3:1.

Still kicking myself over that

Lol, damn!

Im probably gonna lay down $1k, max $5k in the coming weeks.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Thee Black Mamba wrote:

My prediction is that the NBA championship will be won this year by either the Lakers, the Clippers, the 76ers or the Bucks.

I have put down no bets of any size on this belief..

I am not going to get red in the face arguing with anyone who picks any team to win.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Hope your claim is prophetic. Would be thrilled to see the Lakers win it this year. Don't agree but I hope you are.

Think you and others are being overly optimistic about too many things going right all season and playoffs long. Emphasizing the strengths and downplaying the weaknesses.

Good luck on your bet.
Mr. Zero
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:14 pm    Post subject:

There are a lot of teams in the NBA with a ton of chemistry and have played together for multiple seasons. This is one of my concerns with this team even though players have played together before. New coaching staff + new group of teammates makes me hesitant to claim them champions.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: