Dwight Howard interested in re-joining Lakers (DWIGHT BACK TO LAKERS)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the Lakers sign Dwight Howard?
Yes
24%
 24%  [ 65 ]
No
75%
 75%  [ 202 ]
Total Votes : 267

LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
K2 wrote:
55 wrote:
I can't think of a past Laker who's hated more than this clown.

No one else comes close, not even Smush and Tierre Brown.

KCP for me. They both made pretty much the same money, but despite playing through injury/coming back too soon from surgery, Dwight was still more effective. I wonder how KCP would have done under the glare of Kobe. We might have an even more unforgiving perspective on him. Meanwhile, put Dwight with Lebron and the light isn't as harsh (Lebron would've been easier on him).

Lebron has this ability to get his team to dance and take wins personal in a different way

Kobe is even a different Alpha.. He is extreme commitment and professionalism -wants others to succeed and tries to help them but is too smart to depend on them which could backfire on their confidence

If I was Kobe's teammate I would have trouble being too in awe and trying to pass him the ball all game anyhow..

I went looking for a Kobe Stare image and found this gem.. some people might chuckle too hard..
Stare of Death for Mike Brown
https://media.giphy.com/media/z1rhF15Hyhszu/giphy.gif

SO good. No one like that dude... damn, I miss knowing he was on my team each night
nshid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:56 pm    Post subject:

I would sign DH with the quickness.

Firstly, I'm not much for scandals or judging someone (especially unfairly) outside the realm of actually playing basketball.

Secondly, looking at the void we are trying to fill losing DMC this would be somewhat of a comparable replacement.

Lastly, I tend to focus on the present and put more importance on the competence of management and coaching. He is a talent and has been one of the most dominant big men of this generation. I'm all for creating competitive squads and giving deserving players another shot. I'm not at all for joining bandwagons or bad-mouthing someone I don't know.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:55 am    Post subject:

ugh i hate the thought of signing Dwight. At this point he is just a name without a prayer of being shell of his former self. Theres a handful of centers who can provide more for this team than Dwight.... and they havent spurned us in the past either.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:07 am    Post subject:

there are 3 good options in theory.
If Dwight is his 2017-18 self athletically, you go with him. If not, Noah or Faried. Noah has leadership, IQ, energy qualities that contribute beyond tangible on court skill. Faried can be a sparkplug himself. All have a chance to contribute. hope they will
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:16 am    Post subject:

I'd go with Noah AND Faried.

IF, Iggy is waived, then you cut Troy Daniels to make a roster spot.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:22 am    Post subject:

I like Dwight on defense and rebounding. Noah on hustle and passing even though he's 34 and will be 35 in February. I've always liked Faired but he's undersized for what we're looking for. We have to remember when we go up against Embid and Jokic, McGee is too light to match up...AD can't do it all game so you need size. Dwight is 265 and solid and Noah has a good base...Amir can do it as well. At this point, defense is much more important than a center who can spread the floor offensively.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:27 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
I like Dwight on defense and rebounding. Noah on hustle and passing even though he's 34 and will be 35 in February. I've always liked Faired but he's undersized for what we're looking for. We have to remember when we go up against Embid and Jokic, McGee is too light to match up...AD can't do it all game so you need size. Dwight is 265 and solid and Noah has a good base...Amir can do it as well. At this point, defense is much more important than a center who can spread the floor offensively.

If you compare Noah and Dwight's games last season - Noah was more spry, by a real margin. I think Noah looked good athletically. Dwight looked 80% of what he should be, for a game or two, and then it was downhill and he got surgery. Dwight was barely getting the ball over the rim on some dunks last year
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:28 am    Post subject:

If you put Noah's on-court mentality into Dwight's body (when he was healthy), that's an all time great player.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:51 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
King Randle wrote:

If you compare Noah and Dwight's games last season - Noah was more spry, by a real margin. I think Noah looked good athletically. Dwight looked 80% of what he should be, for a game or two, and then it was downhill and he got surgery. Dwight was barely getting the ball over the rim on some dunks last year

You're right but that's why he had surgery. The year before he was 16 and 12. He said he was 100% now. The Lakers should do their due diligence, medical reports, work out etc. before committing. Otherwise Noah is a good alternative as well.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:59 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
King Randle wrote:

You're right but that's why he had surgery. The year before he was 16 and 12. He said he was 100% now. The Lakers should do their due diligence, medical reports, work out etc. before committing. Otherwise Noah is a good alternative as well.

ya the year before he looked good. but another spine surgery is no joke
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:31 am    Post subject:

hell no; and i'm not even talking about his personality or antics.

just watched one of his 25/17 wiz games and he is nothing that we need.

- camps under the hoop immediately every trip down? no thx
- then keeps moving towards ball in a post-up even if the last resort is a mid-range jumper? no thx
- lots of rebounds because he is always under the hoop? no thx
- never sets a solid screen? no thx
- no off-ball 2-man game for cutters? no thx
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If you put Noah's on-court mentality into Dwight's body (when he was healthy), that's an all time great player.

15 years into his career and we're still talking about him needing a different brain.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject:

Hopefully Kobe will be conducting the interview.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

No doubt
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

15 years into his career and we're still talking about him needing a different brain.

Yup.

Just a waste of talent. Could have been one of the all time greats if he had that mentality of you-know-who.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

This post makes a lot of sense.
Save Noah for the playoffs. Use his good IO defense.
Faried for the regular season and small ball. He can play C and PF.

Use the last spot and the exception gotten from Cousins injury.
And will free up Kuzma to play his natural spot which is big SF.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:55 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

This post makes a lot of sense.
Save Noah for the playoffs. Use his good IO defense.
Faried for the regular season and small ball. He can play C and PF.

Use the last spot and the exception gotten from Cousins injury.
And will free up Kuzma to play his natural spot which is big SF.

Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject:

Rather have Pau , they should take Pau.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject:

AshesToAshes wrote:
hell no; and i'm not even talking about his personality or antics.

just watched one of his 25/17 wiz games and he is nothing that we need.

- camps under the hoop immediately every trip down? no thx
- then keeps moving towards ball in a post-up even if the last resort is a mid-range jumper? no thx
- lots of rebounds because he is always under the hoop? no thx
- never sets a solid screen? no thx
- no off-ball 2-man game for cutters? no thx

Haha, i watched that same video. It was maybe the most unimpressive 25 points i've ever seen. It's shocking how he can just barely get above the rim in that video. And because he had a second back surgery he's going to be better? No effing way.

Another surprise? He's only 3 months younger than Joakim Noah. Which one is more likely to be impacted by declining athleticism? Which one will have to rely more on a higher bball IQ? I don't know even know how this is a debate. Even leaving history aside, why does our FO think this is a good move?
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject:

Don't like the guy, but if his butt and back are ok and he is healthy, he can help in limited role where we don't have much depth. His minute should be limited to what he can offer for the minutes he is given. If he acts up, you just cut him. No big deals.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject:

Great One wrote:
Rather have Pau , they should take Pau.

Already signed with the Blazers.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject:

Looks like an easy yes since we all know how much LG knows about basketball.
LAII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
ugh i hate the thought of signing Dwight. At this point he is just a name without a prayer of being shell of his former self. Theres a handful of centers who can provide more for this team than Dwight.... and they havent spurned us in the past either.

Well list them... Because the only name I have heard tossed around is Joakim Noah's corpse.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject:

LAII wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Well list them... Because the only name I have heard tossed around is Joakim Noah's corpse.

Honestly, yes we are desperate.

But I actually like the locker room that they've built. Dwight is a time bomb to place in such an environment.

While people want to dismiss Dwight's distractions, I think it's a real reason why he's on his 34th team in 5 years. He just destroys teams and locker rooms.

He's talented but sometimes it's not worth the trade off.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LAII wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Honestly, yes we are desperate.

But I actually like the locker room that they've built. Dwight is a time bomb to place in such an environment.

While people want to dismiss Dwight's distractions, I think it's a real reason why he's on his 34th team in 5 years. He just destroys teams and locker rooms.

He's talented but sometimes it's not worth the trade off.

Noah > Howard for the reasons you listed.

I would still look around the league and see if I can get a backup 5 from a team who can fit the role and is dependable.

I’m over the “name” guys like Noah, Howard, etc. that haven’t done anything in years, get injured and/or bring drama.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 10 of 15
Jump to: