Grade the Lakers Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do you grade the Lakers offseason?
A
47%
 47%  [ 70 ]
B
41%
 41%  [ 61 ]
C
10%
 10%  [ 16 ]
D
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
F
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 148

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:03 pm    Post subject:

B.

Got the star.

Got a bunch of break even VORP guys.

Got a couple negative VORP dudes.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
kwase wrote:
They'd both be Lakers is "someone" wasn't on the team.

Kawhi wanted to be traded to the Lakers after Lebron joined last summer. Not sure who you're talking about.

Link? I never saw anything from a known insider that said he wanted to team up with Bron.

https://www.lakersnation.com/nba-rumors-kawhi-leonard-wants-trade-lakers-lebron-james-decision-sign/2018/07/01/

Reported by Woj.

Thanks. Didn't catch that. Too bad KL changed his mind about that (or was already lying about it).

Eh. This was just a Woj tweet based on "sources" which could be anyone. This kind of "reporting" is just filling space.

Does Woj seem like the kinda person that would report the word of just some dude?

Woj used to be the scoop king. Since he's joined ESPN two years ago, he's had to produce so much material that a lot of it is wrong and poor quality compared to in the past. I don't pretend to have any idea who his sources were for this tweet, but his reporting does seem to be a lot more sloppy than a few years ago.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:38 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Based on what anyone could evaluate an offseason on, without knowing the future and just going on the immediate past, I think it is hard for me to see anyone giving Lakers below B, or A..

I disagree. If you give an A, what grade are you gonna give if they did sign KL?

The AD trade was executed in New Orleans favour. Because they are not sure about the future, that’s why they shouldn’t put everything on KL signing with us. They should have kept more assets despite that would affect the max cap space or do the trade after KL commit. Do you think Clippers would give away those draft picks for Paul George if KL was not going to sign with them.

The Clips example is not an apt one b/c LBJ was already in place while the Clips would be bereft of an all star. We were trying to have 3 all stars.

How so? Both of the teams were trying to make a trade in order to appeal to the max player. The difference is one team only trade the asset after knowing it will be worth it, the other team was gambling.

I don't agree with your assumption. I think the primary reason we traded for AD was because we wanted AD and didn't want to wait a year for him. Even if they Lakers knew for sure they wouldn't get another max free agent, I think they'd still do the deal.

This is also true. But I think they thought that having LBJ/AD "in hand" would be more appealing to KL who I doubt would have wanted to be with just LBJ. Who knows. KL marches to the beat of his own drum.

I’m not saying we shouldn’t make the trade. In an ideal situation we should make the trade after knowing KL’s decision. How realistic it was depends on how the front office negotiated. I don’t think other teams had the desire to match our offer. If not because of the max cap space, Lakers could have kept more pieces in the trade that would not only help us building a deeper tram this season but years beyond.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:45 am    Post subject:

cant believe what a troll some posters are they complain about everything cant believe they are still allowed to post here, get a life or find happiness elsewhere the negative persona is just a bore, grow up
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject:

A

Even with LeBron they were still not sniffing the playoffs. Were fortunate to land a top 5 pick and converted it along with other assets for a top 5 player in his athletic prime. Got played by a snake, but rebounded with some nice depth signings that complement the talent of their main stars. Need to continue to rehab the front office image though.

Overall, they went from a lottery team to being considered one of the top legitimate title contenders, so how could it not be anything but an A?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject:

we got AD= A+
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: