cook vs daniels - why did we sign both?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject:

It's cuz Cook sent Pelinka a text with: "please sign me, RIP DAD!"
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
I'd rather someone tell me why we signed Rondo.

I don’t think that there is an answer

Maybe familiarity of playing with AD

They're really going to be on the floor together a great deal?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
I'd rather someone tell me why we signed Rondo.

I don’t think that there is an answer

Maybe familiarity of playing with AD

They're really going to be on the floor together a great deal?

Hope not during games, I see Rondo running the second unit with 4 shooters. I mean familiarity in general
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Gotta realize injuries happen.
It is unlikely a top 9 rotation will stay healthy throughout.
Then there are simply teams that will double Lebron and AD, and leave everyone else open.

In situations where players like Rondo and KCP can not make shots and plays. Because both players while more skilled at the 1 and 2, than Cook and Daniels respectively. While both Rondo and KCP are more skilled and capable players, the fact is basketball is simple when you have 2 superstars. You need role players that can make open looks. Rondo at PG, and KCP at 2 are not reliable consistent shooters. Cook and Daniels are.

Cook is a 1, and Daniels is a 2 in the league. You can get 15-20 minutes from either player in situations you need them, and you know they will ust shoot the ball the moment they catch it and open.

Rondo, KCP, Bradley. All inconsistent shooters. Our shooters are Danny Green, Quinn Cook and Troy Daniels.

The only player from last year’s roster that played all 82 games was Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. McGee missed 7 games, Kuzma missed a dozen, James missed a third of the season, Rondo missed nearly half of last season, etc. that’s why depth wins in the regular season, while talent wins in the playoffs.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Then there are simply teams that will double Lebron and AD, and leave everyone else open.

In situations where players like Rondo and KCP can not make shots and plays. Because both players while more skilled at the 1 and 2, than Cook and Daniels respectively. While both Rondo and KCP are more skilled and capable players, the fact is basketball is simple when you have 2 superstars. You need role players that can make open looks. Rondo at PG, and KCP at 2 are not reliable consistent shooters. Cook and Daniels are.

Cook is a 1, and Daniels is a 2 in the league. You can get 15-20 minutes from either player in situations you need them, and you know they will ust shoot the ball the moment they catch it and open.

Rondo, KCP, Bradley. All inconsistent shooters. Our shooters are Danny Green, Quinn Cook and Troy Daniels.

The only player from last year’s roster that played all 82 games was Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. McGee missed 7 games, Kuzma missed a dozen, James missed a third of the season, Rondo missed nearly half of last season, etc. that’s why depth wins in the regular season, while talent wins in the playoffs.

Wow, KCP played all games?

Funny, I can't remember 1 memorable highlight of his.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Wow, KCP played all games?

Funny, I can't remember 1 memorable highlight of his.

really? Guy went off last few weeks of the season.
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:
ocho wrote:
Who was the bigger guard who can shoot and defend that was left in Free Agency that you would have preferred we sign?

why both though? isn't that redundant?

well things like injuries happen. You can see we really went for shooting in FA so if someone like ROndo, Caruso, Green, Bradley, KCP, and either cook or Daniels we will have the depth of shooting
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:
It's cuz Cook sent Pelinka a text with: "please sign me, RIP DAD!"

lol
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:45 pm    Post subject:

I guess if Cook plays the shooting guard role best primary, we need someone who’s a capable defender and taller at the back up point guard position.

That guy is most certainly the 6’5” Caruso, NOT Rondo
#18 next...
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject:

the same reason we didn't bring back lance. both guys have a defined role (3pt shooting) and can play within their limits. if we're able to sign a capable wing defender on the buyout market, we should be all set.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: