Jerry West: Clippers are the best Organization I have ever been with
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Time to retire Jerry. 2 seasons ago you wanted to come back but magic said no. It wasn’t our fault magic is a complete idiot. Don’t take it out on the lakers because you got spurned by magic.

Also. How long can you hold this charade?. Just like you. Your son is a laker and from what we hear quite respected in Los Angeles. You think you will ever get that amount of respect with $hit stain legacy called the clippers

You and I both know that Steve ballmer just does everything in professional work with a great deal of obnoxiousness and dickishness and eventually you are going to get sick of it.

Retire and make peace with the lakers before it’s too late. Let’s the clippers and Steve ballmer fall back into the toilet where they belong
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:
Love the Logo and I'm sure Ballmer is a great owner, but this is a Lakers town. Move to Seattle or Vegas and be loved.

You are 100% correct. Get out of our town. While the upgrade owner to Ballmer was a positive move and Kawai and PG is an upgrade from Flop City, the Clippers are still the Clippers.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Nothing to see here.

This is just like when Doc Rivers sucked up to Kawaii and said he's the closest thing to Michael Jordan... conveniently leaving out the player who was the closest thing to Jordan, Kobe Bean Bryant.

Similarly, Jerry West is sucking up to the multi-billionaire who is cutting his large pay-checks and selling the Dippers to other FAs/staff/execs they might be targeting... conveniently leaving out the organization that is actually the best one he's ever been with, the Lakers.

Serious question, do you think that the Lakers are a top 5 organization?

Yes.
ducasse2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Jerry really trying to rub the Lakers nose saying Clippers are the best organisation. Someone with class would not go publically with that kind of statement right after what went down with KL, and wouldn't be accepting recognition from someone like Donald Trump. It's not about politics. You just don't go accepting awards from a cesspool of a human being. That makes you complicit. I'm done with having good feelings about Jerry West.

Last edited by ducasse2 on Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:01 pm    Post subject:

He says this kind of stuff about every organization he’s with:

Quote:
”At the end of the day, I had my best time at Memphis," said West. "I felt better about myself there than in any year in Los Angeles.

Quote:
Jerry West on Warriors Front Office: “This is the Most Healthy Environment I’ve Been Involved with”
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

Quote:
”At the end of the day, I had my best time at Memphis," said West. "I felt better about myself there than in any year in Los Angeles.

Quote:
Jerry West on Warriors Front Office: “This is the Most Healthy Environment I’ve Been Involved with”

Your point is best proven by the Memphis quotes. It's actually pretty funny. After working for the Lakers he almost seemed like he was struggling to find the right wording didn't it?

"It's the best…no…it's the most successful…no…it's the cleanest building…no…it's the most healthy! Nailed it!"

Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Who cares
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:28 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

We could have turned this into a drinking game.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:10 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Who cares

Seeing how the Lakers have been a dumpster fire under this management, I care. We added a top 3 player in the league and were in the lottery. Let that sink in.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Who cares

Seeing how the Lakers have been a dumpster fire under this management, I care. We added a top 3 player in the league and were in the lottery. Let that sink in.

Nobody cares
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject:

Is he still doing the thing with Trump?
ducasse2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:

Apparently, but no date has been set yet. Deadspin has a good article about it.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:

It's likely. He was the exec director of the Northern Trust Open which is held annually at the Riviera Country Club. He says, "the military is very near and dear to my heart. Anything we can do through the Northern Trust Open to support local military men and women and their families -- and show them how much we appreciate their service and sacrifice -- makes me even more proud to be associated with this tournament."
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:06 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Nothing to see here.

This is just like when Doc Rivers sucked up to Kawaii and said he's the closest thing to Michael Jordan... conveniently leaving out the player who was the closest thing to Jordan, Kobe Bean Bryant.

Similarly, Jerry West is sucking up to the multi-billionaire who is cutting his large pay-checks and selling the Dippers to other FAs/staff/execs they might be targeting... conveniently leaving out the organization that is actually the best one he's ever been with, the Lakers.

is Kawhi the closet to MJ? Are the Clippers the best org Jerry has ever been with? lets answer those claims first before asking a Laker fan if the the Lakers are one of the best orgs ever.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Who cares

I think I could have explained myself better.

Whether or not Jerry West truly feels this way or not, there isn't a thing that we can do. If West thinks the Clippers are a better organization; then I can start to understand why West hasn't found his home as an Exec post Lakers. Seems to me that he's willing to say anything to get whatever he wants. I definitely can understand how this doesn't age well.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:38 pm    Post subject:

I wish the Lakers would release a statement saying Rob Pelinka is the best GM we've ever had. 2 can play this game. It's real easy to say stupid things and be vindictive.
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:58 pm    Post subject:

West sounds like bitter girlfriend/boyfriend. Move on brother.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:40 am    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Nothing to see here.

is Kawhi the closet to MJ? Are the Clippers the best org Jerry has ever been with? lets answer those claims first before asking a Laker fan if the the Lakers are one of the best orgs ever.

No one said ever, right now. Since responses are about the past, I think the answer is clear.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject:

No news here, strictly click-bait; time to move on.

#44 is retired & in the rafters; IMO anything outside of his tenures with the Lakers is not really Laker business or news.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:08 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I wish the Lakers would release a statement saying Rob Pelinka is the best GM we've ever had. 2 can play this game. It's real easy to say stupid things and be vindictive.

No, because unlike Jerry, we would be called out by the media.
Pureshot77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Nothing to see here.

No one said ever, right now. Since responses are about the past, I think the answer is clear.

What real time metric are you basing your opinion on? The Lakers have made substantive changes this off season to the team and coaching staff and are now arguably one of the top 5 title contenders for next year.
Bballguru5000
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Born and Raised in Los Angeles, now living in Manhattan, NY.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject:

Pureshot77 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Nothing to see here.

What real time metric are you basing your opinion on? The Lakers have made substantive changes this off season to the team and coaching staff and are now arguably one of the top 5 title contenders for next year.

Don't waste your time.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject:

Pureshot77 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Nothing to see here.

The period of time that this ownership group has been in charge. The people making decisions.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Nothing to see here.

my point was that Doc Rivers and Jerry West said some crazy things but you had a problem with a Laker fan claiming that we're a top 5 org, actually he didnt even say that, just that in Jerry West's time the Lakers were one of the best if not the best org he was ever on. That still seems less crazier than what Doc and Jerry said.

And as of now with AD (if AD resigns next year) and Lebron, I'd say we're a top 5 org currently especially if we win a ring or 2.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject:

I’m talking about an organization, you are talking about the team. If Lebron gets hurt and misses the season it will affect the team but won’t change the organization. What other franchise would hire Pelinka? Or either of the Rambis’? I would venture to guess none, yet they are in charge here. There is no experience, no success there. And we haven’t made the playoffs once in that time period. The franchise was one of the best with Dr. Buss, West, Kupchak and Bertka. Dr. Buss was as cheap as anyone but saw the value of paying players even if he had to pay tax. But things changed, Dr. Buss passed away and his entitled kids took over. There is hope that they learn but with them in charge, we are nowhere near a top 5 franchise.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7
Jump to: