Lakers felt they got played by Kawhi (Leonard responds: “Lakers didn’t have to wait for me” pg.17)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:13 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Screw this guy. I rather have AD!

Yes, thank goodness we got the player who couldn’t get his team to the playoffs instead of the guy who led his team to a title. I am fine with AD but he doesn’t stack up to Kawhi.

I agree, but it’s pretty close. In this era of the NBA, I’d always value a perimeter star over a big man, but Davis is the one guy who makes me hesitate.

Anyway, the most important challenge for Vogel and the staff will be finding a way to maximize Davis on a roster with Lebron. People keep citing Davis’ numbers from New Orleans, but Bosh and Love both had strikingly lower scoring and rebounding numbers as soon as they joined Lebron. We don’t have a third star, so we can’t afford that sort of reduction. To be clear: I am not making a dire prediction. I’m just identifying an issue that the coaching staff will need to address.

Leonard wouldn’t have presented that issue. Wade and Irving were fine with Lebron, though Wade’s numbers dipped due to injuries. Lebron and Leonard would have been an interesting duo. Alas, it was not to be.

I think having 3 stars would have presented more of a challenge on court for Vogel, with the inevitable 3rd guy having to be Bosh'd or Love'd. I think AD will get his numbers and more.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
i never cared for this guy but i did care about him making decision quicker so we could have gone after dlo early and still sign D Green

DLO
Gree
AB

would have been awesome

There was enough cap space for Russell at $27,285,000 and Green at $14,634,146 ?

you could stretch Greens contract out further to lower the first year hit and I bet both would consider a bit of a pay cut to be in LA
Im not the biggest DLO fan but there's value in taking on a player that young and who will just be entering his prime as Lebron retires
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Screw this guy. I rather have AD!

Yes, thank goodness we got the player who couldn’t get his team to the playoffs instead of the guy who led his team to a title. I am fine with AD but he doesn’t stack up to Kawhi.

I agree, but it’s pretty close. In this era of the NBA, I’d always value a perimeter star over a big man, but Davis is the one guy who makes me hesitate.

Anyway, the most important challenge for Vogel and the staff will be finding a way to maximize Davis on a roster with Lebron. People keep citing Davis’ numbers from New Orleans, but Bosh and Love both had strikingly lower scoring and rebounding numbers as soon as they joined Lebron. We don’t have a third star, so we can’t afford that sort of reduction. To be clear: I am not making a dire prediction. I’m just identifying an issue that the coaching staff will need to address.

Leonard wouldn’t have presented that issue. Wade and Irving were fine with Lebron, though Wade’s numbers dipped due to injuries. Lebron and Leonard would have been an interesting duo. Alas, it was not to be.

I think having 3 stars would have presented more of a challenge on court for Vogel, with the inevitable 3rd guy having to be Bosh'd or Love'd. I think AD will get his numbers and more.

I agree, but having a guy like AD as your 3rd star would've been pretty amazing. AD moves more like a guard, so he'd adapt better than Love/Bosh.

I'm happy with the way the roster rounded out though. Danny Green was an underrated signing. Instead of being the clear favorites, we're still one of the handful of contenders.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
i never cared for this guy but i did care about him making decision quicker so we could have gone after dlo early and still sign D Green

DLO
Gree
AB

would have been awesome

There was enough cap space for Russell at $27,285,000 and Green at $14,634,146 ?

Who told you I was talking about giving them exact same contracts? To the last digit?

Relax Larry
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

DLO
Gree
AB

would have been awesome

you could stretch Greens contract out further to lower the first year hit and I bet both would consider a bit of a pay cut to be in LA
Im not the biggest DLO fan but there's value in taking on a player that young and who will just be entering his prime as Lebron retires

Thank you for your response, but it didn't answer my question.

Going with your idea of giving Green a longer term contract of three years ($10,000,000 | $10,000,000 | $10,000,000) instead of the two year ( $14,634,146 | $15,365,853 ) contract would increase the 2021-22 team salary by $9 million with Green's $10 million replacing a minimum salary charge of $1 million.

Even if LeBron would opt out of his contract, there wouldn't be enough cap space for a 30% max contract in summer 2021 ($125 million Salary Cap) with

* Davis - $37,584,000

* Green - $10,000,000

* Russell - $27,500,00

* Kuzma - $10,686,534 (cap hold)

* THT - $2,056,061 (cap hold)

* 2020 First - $2,500,000
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

DLO
Gree
AB

would have been awesome

Who told you I was talking about giving them exact same contracts? To the last digit?

Relax Larry

Since you didn't specify otherwise, I used the best available numbers which were the contracts that they were given this summer.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
Page 24 of 24
Jump to: