***Official Lamar, Kwame, George appreciation thread***
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K8KillerInstinct
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: ***Official Lamar, Kwame, George appreciation thread***

Man after todays game, I just had to create a thread for Lamar, Kwame, George for their effort on the court and their turnaround season after the All-Star break.

I am now happy that we didn't trade Lamar, George, or Kwame.

Lamar look great now, maybe he laid of that crack. He is actually doing things that we cannot really see on the court. Think about it, w/o Lamar I dont remember when we dominated. Lamar through his tough times and good times HAS HELPED THE LAKERS SIGNIFICANTLY.

George looked like he was done since he came back from the injury, but now he has come back to his old self. He is providing at least 10-15 pts lately, he will keep it up. Also his D has helped us the most.

Kwame although he isnt a monster stats producers, has done the all the dirty work inside, is probably our best big man now. And notice the steady improvement as the season winds down. He will only get better (c'mon he is only 23).

I just hope these three players do what they have been doing. And if they are consistent about it, WE WILL MAKE SOME NOISE IN THE PLAYOFFS.

PS: sorry Luke!! We CANT WIN with you.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject:

ROCK ON!!
jwbrown77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject:

It's not a matter of hating these players' upside.

It's a matter of getting angry that they disappear for months at a time.

I'd love to see Lamar play this aggresive for the rest of the year. But I'm not holding my breath.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Good thread.

I have to agree.

I'm still dissapointed in all three as they just show us how much they have underachieved in their career.

George's athleticism and ability to bring energy is excellent. He just can't bring it in a contract year - I hope this is longterm

Kwame in the last minute made a move that was like The athleticism this guy has for his size. Incredible. All he needs to do is just learn the offense a little better and totally play off the ball like that.

Odom. SOB has had two straight games where you see the reason why they traded Shaq for him. He has soo much ability, but only now is finally using all his talents.

These 3 need to mantain this type of aggression and intensity. If they do, I really think the Lakers will make a strong playoff push for that 6th seed and HCA in the 1st round.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
K8KillerInstinct
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject:

jwbrown77 wrote:
It's not a matter of hating these players' upside.

It's a matter of getting angry that they disappear for months at a time.

I'd love to see Lamar play this aggresive for the rest of the year. But I'm not holding my breath.

I am telling you man, I think Lamar has laid back on some of that crack...
K8KillerInstinct
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Good thread.

I have to agree.

I'm still dissapointed in all three as they just show us how much they have underachieved in their career.

George's athleticism and ability to bring energy is excellent. He just can't bring it in a contract year - I hope this is longterm

Kwame in the last minute made a move that was like The athleticism this guy has for his size. Incredible. All he needs to do is just learn the offense a little better and totally play off the ball like that.

Odom. SOB has had two straight games where you see the reason why they traded Shaq for him. He has soo much ability, but only now is finally using all his talents.

These 3 need to mantain this type of aggression and intensity. If they do, I really think the Lakers will make a strong playoff push for that 6th seed and HCA in the 1st round.

I hope Lamar, Kwame, George reads what you just wrote. They can play so much better, they all have the talent & all they need is just hard work & dedication.

You see they are not physically limited like Luke or Sasha (maybe).
B_Rabbit1212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Agreed they all have done spectacular the last couple games. And I still think we are only scratching the surface for this team.

Here's to hoping it last for the rest of the year!
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Mihm is definately our best big man IMO not Kwame. LO had a nice game, and George looked like a beast tonight
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject:

great game by all
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject:

I still expect these young guys to be inconsistant but as they play together, learn the offense and mature I expect this roster to be amazing for years to come.

I'm also really impressed with Bynums footwork in the post this early in his career. At the pace he's developing I expect him to be a dominant center in far less than the three years Phil keeps saying it will take him to develop.

Again, though we've seen two nice games from these guys I expect we'll see some let downs as well.
STiG909
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject:

I bet if Staples started chanting "Kwame, Kwame, Kwame" he would explode much more often.
lakerMark
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject:

We have no choice now but to pull for these guys to keep it up, they better do this on a consistant basis which hasn't happened this year. They were incredible tonight and I am hoping there is a new wonder bud being passed around the horn puff puff give quick before these cats high wears off.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Well that only matters if they decide to keep him and he decides to stay at a discount.

Quote:
Kwame in the last minute made a move that was like The athleticism this guy has for his size. Incredible.

I know, I was amazed. I didn't know the guy could actually sky like that. I'd heard the rumors, but other than getting up for rebounds sometimes, he's decidedly earthbound.

It's like hello Kwame, you're 7 ft. tall, 270, and, oh yeah, apparently you actually can jump too. Dunk the damn ball.

Quote:
All he needs to do is just learn the offense a little better and totally play off the ball like that.

Well he's got a lot more work to do than that. Like learn to play offense in addition to learning THE offense.

Quote:

I think they secretly did trade Odom because he hasn't been the same. Of course he still only has one hand and he still has no jump shot--but at least he's milking that. And he was actually pissed that they weren't up by 20 at the half. Good start. If he keeps it for the rest of the season and the playoffs then I'll be happy to tell Shoes he was right.

Of course these 2 games for Lamar have coincided with Phil taking him off of running the offense as much.

But he's done this before. I'm going to wait until he's strung together at least 5 or 6 games like this before I admit that he might actually have seen the light.

Quote:

But this has been the story all year, no? They can just as easily come out flat and lay another egg like they did against Atlanta. But hopefully they can at least keep it up the next 10 games and run off even 7-3 or so in that span. Anyway, good win.
G1 Hydrogenic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject:

Definitely a great game by all involved.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject:

Quote:
But [Lamar]'s done this before. I'm going to wait until he's strung together at least 5 or 6 games like this before I admit that he might actually have seen the light.

Agreed.

For a long time I've said that LO is unlikely to get (significantly) better...

(and also said that given that, he's still a legit 3rd option down the line).

But I need to see 8 of 10 games like this, or something along those lines
before I can honestly start to think he's made some kind of permanent
change in his mindset/aggression level.

If every 3 good games if followed by 3 disappearances, it just doesn't
make a case.
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject:

george is a monster on the boards!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject:

lakersdynasty999 wrote:
george is a monster on the boards!

Yup, going back to that road trip, and especially on the offensive glass.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject:

Oh and speaking of props.

Lamar + Kobe = 19 assists.

That + defense and even the Spurs would have problems with us.
chopins7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject:

I just wish we can see this new thread create after every lakers game day
jeremysnow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject:

it's all good!

great games from:

lamar
devean
chris
smush
etc.

not only benefits our Ws,

it also increases their trade value.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject:

okay...lets wait 'til tomorrow when the real test comes. Here we have a playoff caliber team in the Clips (shames me to say it) but they are better than the Lakers...this caliber team is the type we need to win against...close games..

big questions:
1. Can they sustain momentum of last two games
2. Can they remain consistent?
3. Can they keep the lead when Kobe takes a breather?

my guess is no to #1,#2, and #3.

Odom will disappear tomorrow..going 2-9 smush will take 8 three's and make 1...kwame will have 0 pts and 5 boards...and George will return to mediocrity...

Kobe will get his 35..and mihm will get 12 and 9...

watch..tomorrow we'll see kwame get frustrated as he's owned by Brand..Smush owned by Cassell, and Lamar will just be off...

blame it on the back to back..whatever...we'll come down to earth tomorrow...

sad but true.
AreaZeroOne
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: ***Official Lamar, Kwame, George appreciation thread***

K8KillerInstinct wrote:
I just hope these three players do what they have been doing. And if they are consistent about it, WE WILL MAKE SOME NOISE IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Man , I get excited when I see threads like this. I actually expressed the same sentiment here regarding these three guys. I'll admit though that I didn't read all of these posts because I know they'll contain some posters who have a completely different POV now than they did at the start of the season (they hopped on the bandwagon man!).

I do believe though that Odom did something. He either layed off the pixie dust , had a vision , or has simply realized he still has the skills he had with the Heat (someone mentioned Odom taking Artest to the hole at will during the Heat playoffs , and they're right!).

Regarding Kwame , well , we all know he has great post defense , at least that's what I believe , and yes the offense is lacking , but he can only get better. As for Devean , well , c'mon , after coming back injured during the Laker playoffs to get in a game man , pure respect for that guy , he's a real team player. Any guy knocking DG has no clue what he has contributed over the years , and continues to do things like this last game!
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject:

Props to them for the effort. Lamar has had 2 good games in a row and that scares me
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject:

You all should watch this DVD called "Born to Ball". I rented it from Blockbuster.com. It has footage of some NBA players when they were in High School. It showed a young Kwame....He was skinny back then...He was skying and looking very athletic and active. If only he could combine his strength now with his athleticism of his high school days.

But I can identify with him.....I kind of remember how when I was young I was skinny and jumping all over the place, then when I bulked up with 50 + pounds of extra muscle, you kind of become more earth-bound....not sure why it has to be that way...it just kind of happens....maybe just the extra weight takes away your springiness. Strength or quickness? Gotta make your choice.

I kind of been wondering....Everyone is complaining about Kwame not scoring much. To me, it seems kind of hard to score if they don't give you the ball. When I watch Kwame, I see him working hard to seal his man, but they just don't give him the ball very often. As I recall, he is shooting a pretty good overall percentage. If he had 15 to 20 touches like other big scorers he might put up bigger numbers too.

And he often pulls down 6-8 rebounds in his 20-26 minutes of play. Maybe if he got 30 -38 minutes like the other rebound leaders, you might see better stats.

Just my observations,
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject:

Phil seems committed to winning with this squad and ownership is not surrendering its belief that it can land a quality player, either in the off season or 2007.

I give Dg his due, I've bagged on him more than a courtesy clerk at Von's. I wish he could play like this all the time, and the sad thing is, we are likely to lose him in the off-season with nothing in return. But props to DG for playing well this season, there I said it.

Kwame is going to be alright, and the Lakers seem to be willing to put up with his mediocre game, if he continues to play tough D. The Lakers either think they can fix him, or use him as a significant bargaining chip in the off-season to land that missing piece.

Odom is much the same, but they are only willing to part with him for an elite player it seems. when Odom does his thing, and scores 15-20 points with the rebounds and assists, he is everything the Lakers envision. I think the "plan B" is for Odom to play at this level every night, keep him as that second or third option, and use other Lakers to pick up that third piece of the pie. The "plan A" option is to use Odom plus others to land a KG, Dirk, or other proven player.

Props to all those who have raised the level of their game this year:
Kobe scoring, passing, defense
Mihm consistency
Cook money with the J, rounding out his game
Sasha no longer D league
Smush improving
DG has he finally arrived?
Odom ditto?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: