Those Who Honestly Arent Excited to Watch Lakers This Season
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BlackStarMamba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 May 2018
Posts: 776

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject: Those Who Honestly Arent Excited to Watch Lakers This Season

...come here

last year i taped/watched/game thread almost every game

Name on the Jersey is the same, but everyone is uninteresting except Kuz, Caruso, Kostas

No "exciting" players to watch, except old Lebron
AD is boring to me, and apparently to a lot of people. He was not even top 15 in jersey sales last year (and don't say its because of NO, because Russ, Dame, PG, Giannis were all in top 15

not really interested watching Dudley, KCP, Rondo, Green, Avery Bradley, Cousins go to work
_________________
2018-2019 Lakers 50+ wins; 2nd in West. WILL make WCF

2019 MVP
1. Giannis 2. Lebron 3. Who Cares
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 28159
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Sarcasm?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Vin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 5908
Location: France

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Pretty excited for next season. I like our roster and I like how the NBA has been rebalanced. Can't wait to find out how we do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 31393

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Those Who Honestly Arent Excited to Watch Lakers This Season

BlackStarMamba wrote:
...come here

last year i taped/watched/game thread almost every game

Name on the Jersey is the same, but everyone is uninteresting except Kuz, Caruso, Kostas

No "exciting" players to watch, except old Lebron
AD is boring to me, and apparently to a lot of people. He was not even top 15 in jersey sales last year (and don't say its because of NO, because Russ, Dame, PG, Giannis were all in top 15

not really interested watching Dudley, KCP, Rondo, Green, Avery Bradley, Cousins go to work


I hear Pelicanground is going to be exciting this year. Go check it out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Feb 2016
Posts: 1242
Location: Western PA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Pumped for next season. Wish it started tomorrow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 26220

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Those Who Honestly Arent Excited to Watch Lakers This Season

BlackStarMamba wrote:
...come here

last year i taped/watched/game thread almost every game

Name on the Jersey is the same, but everyone is uninteresting except Kuz, Caruso, Kostas

No "exciting" players to watch, except old Lebron
AD is boring to me, and apparently to a lot of people. He was not even top 15 in jersey sales last year (and don't say its because of NO, because Russ, Dame, PG, Giannis were all in top 15

not really interested watching Dudley, KCP, Rondo, Green, Avery Bradley, Cousins go to work


Would you rather have Derrick Rose or AD?

Derrick Rose in top 15 of jersey sales.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 28159
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Pumped for next season. Wish it started tomorrow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BlackStarMamba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 May 2018
Posts: 776

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Sarcasm?


No.

Regular season will be boring
_________________
2018-2019 Lakers 50+ wins; 2nd in West. WILL make WCF

2019 MVP
1. Giannis 2. Lebron 3. Who Cares
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 7025
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Sarcasm?


No.

Regular season will be boring


^^^College Ball fan?

How will blowouts and too many wins be boring?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BlackStarMamba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 May 2018
Posts: 776

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Seriously we have one of the oldest roster ala Spurs of years past. Wellnwin a lot but who wishes we were the Spurs even when they were winning??
_________________
2018-2019 Lakers 50+ wins; 2nd in West. WILL make WCF

2019 MVP
1. Giannis 2. Lebron 3. Who Cares
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2001
Posts: 3202

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Pumped for next season. Wish it started tomorrow.


_________________
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. --Mark Twain

Scientists say that the universe is full of protons, neutrons and electrons. They forgot to mention morons.--Unknown


Last edited by Annihilator on Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BlackStarMamba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 May 2018
Posts: 776

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Who wants to pay to see avery Bradley or rondo or Danny green??
_________________
2018-2019 Lakers 50+ wins; 2nd in West. WILL make WCF

2019 MVP
1. Giannis 2. Lebron 3. Who Cares
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jun 2016
Posts: 2336

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Kobe's excited...but I can understand why you wouldn't be.

1. LBJ and prime AD

2. Solid Staff and Good Depth

3. Competing for our 1st Ring since 2012 after too many losing seasons to count.

4. Guys who can hit the 3 ball and back to back FTs

There is so much to be underwhelmed by...and thanks for creating a thread to tell us all how you feel. I'm sure you don't need attention.
_________________
"This game's in the refrigerator. The door is closed, the lights are out. the eggs are coolin', the butter's gettin' hard and the jello's jigglin'."
- Chick Hearn
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BlackStarMamba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 May 2018
Posts: 776

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Kobe's excited...but I can understand why you wouldn't be.

1. LBJ and prime AD

2. Solid Staff and Good Depth

3. Competing for our 1st Ring since 2012 after too many losing seasons to count.

4. Guys who can hit the 3 ball and back to back FTs

There is so much to be underwhelmed by...and thanks for creating a thread to tell us all how you feel. I'm sure you don't need attention.


It's a legit question. Winning is nice but style is good too.

For example. I was gonna go to US- Spain game in Anaheim. But the roster is boring. They'll win ..but Drummond, Middleton, etc don't interest me
_________________
2018-2019 Lakers 50+ wins; 2nd in West. WILL make WCF

2019 MVP
1. Giannis 2. Lebron 3. Who Cares
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 7025
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:
Seriously we have one of the oldest roster ala Spurs of years past. Wellnwin a lot but who wishes we were the Spurs even when they were winning??


We have young veterans who aren't old

Beyond Lebrons skills and natural talents

He is an Elite Athletic genetic freak... I don't see his slowing down being the same as others his age...

Rondo is sort of reminding me of some old dude smoking on the bench at park games in between games.. If his load isn't too much then he can focus on his strengths and keep his head focused better

if Caruso stays healthy with JKidd on his hip and penberthy keeping his shot tuned.. wow... gonna be fun.. White Lightning!!

Quinn.. young
Green reminds me of Derek Fisher.. a True Professional as a teammate and player..

I am excited about this team

Kobe and Shaq were as good as Lebron/AD/Kuz combined.. that wasn't boring
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jun 2016
Posts: 2336

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:48 pm    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Kobe's excited...but I can understand why you wouldn't be.

1. LBJ and prime AD

2. Solid Staff and Good Depth

3. Competing for our 1st Ring since 2012 after too many losing seasons to count.

4. Guys who can hit the 3 ball and back to back FTs

There is so much to be underwhelmed by...and thanks for creating a thread to tell us all how you feel. I'm sure you don't need attention.


It's a legit question. Winning is nice but style is good too.

For example. I was gonna go to US- Spain game in Anaheim. But the roster is boring. They'll win ..but Drummond, Middleton, etc don't interest me


Only in today's world can people be so egotistical as to trivialize the reason for the competition and demonstrate an entitlement to decide how winning should be accomplished without investing any sweat equity into the actual process.

If winning bores you I suggest researching what David Carradine was into...he literally loved what he loved to death.
_________________
"This game's in the refrigerator. The door is closed, the lights are out. the eggs are coolin', the butter's gettin' hard and the jello's jigglin'."
- Chick Hearn
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jun 2016
Posts: 2336

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:49 pm    Post subject:

This is a lockable thread...absolute garbage that I's sorry I read and participated in.
_________________
"This game's in the refrigerator. The door is closed, the lights are out. the eggs are coolin', the butter's gettin' hard and the jello's jigglin'."
- Chick Hearn
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 7025
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:54 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
This is a lockable thread...absolute garbage that I's sorry I read and participated in.


People could be trolling.. I don't read enough to know


Try not to be so rigid.. boring times right now for NBA fans.. lots to chat about
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 35554

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject:

A fan is always excited; if not, you are not a fan but an observer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jun 2016
Posts: 2336

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
This is a lockable thread...absolute garbage that I's sorry I read and participated in.


People could be trolling.. I don't read enough to know


Try not to be so rigid.. boring times right now for NBA fans.. lots to chat about


Ok I'll try...

NOPE...this is neurologic rubbish. All good...I'm out for a while.
_________________
"This game's in the refrigerator. The door is closed, the lights are out. the eggs are coolin', the butter's gettin' hard and the jello's jigglin'."
- Chick Hearn
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BlackStarMamba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 May 2018
Posts: 776

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Kobe's excited...but I can understand why you wouldn't be.

1. LBJ and prime AD

2. Solid Staff and Good Depth

3. Competing for our 1st Ring since 2012 after too many losing seasons to count.

4. Guys who can hit the 3 ball and back to back FTs

There is so much to be underwhelmed by...and thanks for creating a thread to tell us all how you feel. I'm sure you don't need attention.


It's a legit question. Winning is nice but style is good too.

For example. I was gonna go to US- Spain game in Anaheim. But the roster is boring. They'll win ..but Drummond, Middleton, etc don't interest me


Only in today's world can people be so egotistical as to trivialize the reason for the competition and demonstrate an entitlement to decide how winning should be accomplished without investing any sweat equity into the actual process.

If winning bores you I suggest researching what David Carradine was into...he literally loved what he loved to death.


Winning is not boring.

Team being exciting is my point. If all winning/success was fun how many of the LA Sparks championships did you or ppl tune into.

A roster/team can be exciting/fun/interesting whatever word you want to use. This team roster apart from LeBron, Kuz is boring to me. What wrong with that?
_________________
2018-2019 Lakers 50+ wins; 2nd in West. WILL make WCF

2019 MVP
1. Giannis 2. Lebron 3. Who Cares
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BlackStarMamba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 May 2018
Posts: 776

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
A fan is always excited; if not, you are not a fan but an observer.


A fan can be bored. Trust I'm a fan. I'll probably be in the game thread all nights. But I'll say showtime lakers, Nick Van exel days with threatt and peeler...Shaq and Kobe...Kobe and Lamar and bynum...Kobe, dlo, randle, to Zo, Kuz, LeBron...way more exciting.

Just my opinion no hate meant. Maybe I'm the only one with this perspective
_________________
2018-2019 Lakers 50+ wins; 2nd in West. WILL make WCF

2019 MVP
1. Giannis 2. Lebron 3. Who Cares
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Pureshot77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 157

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:
pio2u wrote:
A fan is always excited; if not, you are not a fan but an observer.


A fan can be bored. Trust I'm a fan. I'll probably be in the game thread all nights. But I'll say showtime lakers, Nick Van exel days with threatt and peeler...Shaq and Kobe...Kobe and Lamar and bynum...Kobe, dlo, randle, to Zo, Kuz, LeBron...way more exciting.

Just my opinion no hate meant. Maybe I'm the only one with this perspective


If you aren't excited to watch and see what this team and coaching staff as assembled can do, after whats happened the last 6-7 years.....maybe you just aren't excited about Lakers basketball.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 26220

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:
pio2u wrote:
A fan is always excited; if not, you are not a fan but an observer.


A fan can be bored. Trust I'm a fan. I'll probably be in the game thread all nights. But I'll say showtime lakers, Nick Van exel days with threatt and peeler...Shaq and Kobe...Kobe and Lamar and bynum...Kobe, dlo, randle, to Zo, Kuz, LeBron...way more exciting.

Just my opinion no hate meant. Maybe I'm the only one with this perspective


I don’t agree with your feeling on this, but I understand it.

The team doesn’t feel like “my” team yet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jan 2016
Posts: 3859

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Okay I'm officially bored of the offseason.... time for football to start
_________________
-------LUCKY-------
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB