2019 College Football Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Is Justin Fields (Ohio State) real? He's had a phenomenal 2 weeks. Right now 42 0 over Cincinnati.

he is definitely legit....was the #1/#2 player / QB coming out of high school with Trevor Lawrence. They both are from Georgia.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject:

Harbaugh's making heavy bank.If he loses to Army I wonder if he'll start getting flack from fans? I don't think he will from the university.

The college OT rule getting ball on the 25 makes for a lot of excitement.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Harbaugh's making heavy bank.If he loses to Army I wonder if he'll start getting flack from fans? I don't think he will from the university.

The college OT rule getting ball on the 25 makes for a lot of excitement.

They escaped with the win. I think if Harbaugh does not figure out how to beat Ohio State soon, then nothing else really matters.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Michigan looked positively awful on offense. Even their RB, who scored 3 TD's, was utterly pedestrian (something like 100 yards on a whopping 33 carries). Dude had no burst or wiggle whatsoever. Patterson, the QB, wasn't good.

I mean, at least Harbaugh hasn't fallen off as badly as Willie Taggert and Chip Kelly have, but this could be his last year if they don't go to a major bowl game.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject:

The QB for LSU, Burrow, throws a nice ball.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject:

After going 12 rounds with the Talons of Doom last week, Army was ready for Michigan. Alas, that field goal attempt in regulation just missed.

The theme for this week seems to be the warming up of the hot seat for some of the big name coaching hires from 2018. Chip Kelly is having about as much success as I expected. Scott Frost crashes and burns against Colorado yet again. Jimbo Fisher fails to elevate the Aggies. (I realize that some people will question putting Fisher on that list. Losing to Clemson is one thing. Not being competitive against Clemson is another. Houston is full of Aggies. One more disappointment, I can guarantee that the knives will start coming out.) Harbaugh is on the hot seat list, too.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject:

wow....LSU just broke Texas hearts on an amazing play on 3rd & 17
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Joe Burrow with a statement game. What a play he just made on 3rd and 17 to not only pick up the first down, but they get the long TD that will likely ice this game for LSU.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
After going 12 rounds with the Talons of Doom last week, Army was ready for Michigan. Alas, that field goal attempt in regulation just missed.

The theme for this week seems to be the warming up of the hot seat for some of the big name coaching hires from 2018. Chip Kelly is having about as much success as I expected. Scott Frost crashes and burns against Colorado yet again. Jimbo Fisher fails to elevate the Aggies. (I realize that some people will question putting Fisher on that list. Losing to Clemson is one thing. Not being competitive against Clemson is another. Houston is full of Aggies. One more disappointment, I can guarantee that the knives will start coming out.) Harbaugh is on the hot seat list, too.

Jimbo is a long way from the hot seat....he signed a 10 year $100 Million contract. His seat will not even feel warm until at least another 5/6 years ($50-$60 Million).
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:25 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Joe Burrow with a statement game. What a play he just made on 3rd and 17 to not only pick up the first down, but they get the long TD that will likely ice this game for LSU.

LSU has looked great, but lets keep in mind Texas is not Alabama or Clemson....or even Oklahoma. Texas has put up over 500 yards on LSU....that will have to be improved before LSU plays Alabama.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:32 pm    Post subject:

^
I get that Texas' D isn't exactly vaunted, but seeing LSU open up the offense has to be exciting for their fans. Texas almost executed a perfect onside kick with 22 seconds left, but their player couldn't quite come up with the ball with a diving effort near the sideline.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:43 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
I get that Texas' D isn't exactly vaunted, but seeing LSU open up the offense has to be exciting for their fans. Texas almost executed a perfect onside kick with 22 seconds left, but their player couldn't quite come up with the ball with a diving effort near the sideline.

yeah, Collin Johnson almost got it. Speaking of Johnson, really surprised he was not more involved tonight....he was their best WR last season. I will also toss out this speculation.....they say it is a game of inches and if that D Lineman gets to Burrow's on that 3rd and 17 causing that to be an incompletion....Texas wins that game. They would have got the ball back with about 3 minutes left, down by 6 points.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject:

^
That's why it was a helluva play!
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject:

UCF is having watch parties across Orlando tonight for the Stanford / USC game....praying Stanford wins. During this run, the one thing UCF has not had an opportunity to do is play/beat a ranked P5 team early in the season.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:53 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
That's why it was a helluva play!

and I am not taking anything away from them....it was like last year when Grier hit Jennings in stride in the back of the end zone....what 2 maybe 3 more inches and it is out of bounds and Texas wins.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject:

so it looks like after all the hype about Winbush taking over at UCF, he held onto his starting job for about 1 half of football. He was pulled last week for the new Hawaii phenom Freshman Dillon Gabriel. Then Gabriel started today and played the entire game except he was relieved during the last few minutes by Quadry Jones, a Freshman from Orlando.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:06 pm    Post subject:

USC's new QB, Slovis, looks quite impressive. Really throws a nice ball. Maybe the Daniels injury will end up being a blessing in disguise for their chances this season. (Unfortunately for Daniels, obviously.)
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:20 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
USC's new QB, Slovis, looks quite impressive. Really throws a nice ball. Maybe the Daniels injury will end up being a blessing in disguise for their chances this season. (Unfortunately for Daniels, obviously.)

appears Stanford is really missing Costello.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

appears Stanford is really missing Costello.

I was surprised that USC was favored, but I was not aware that Costello was injured. Still, Slovis is carving up Stanford's defense. The announcers were saying that this Stanford defense really lacks speed.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Slovis throws a nice catchable ball.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Jimbo is a long way from the hot seat....he signed a 10 year $100 Million contract. His seat will not even feel warm until at least another 5/6 years ($50-$60 Million).

If you think that, you don’t know much about the Aggies. By the way, it’s $75M.

I watched some of the Stanford-USC game. Stanford is just another soft Pac 12 team. Their coach seems to be a good recruiter, but he is mediocre or worse in all other respects. Every time I’ve seen them play in recent years, I’ve come away shaking my head. They waste their talent advantage with odd game plans and poor play calling. UCF should pound them next week.

USC seems to be moving in a positive direction. The Trojans don’t seem as soft as the typical Pac 12 team. Maybe this will be the year when they don’t choke away a couple games in the middle of the season. Even though they aren’t as soft as the other teams in the conference, it’s hard to imagine them hanging with any of the real contenders.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Stanford has been outscored 42-3 after being up 17-3. Their defense looks totally outmatched.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:

I did not watch much....do he look better than JT Daniels? I would assume one will be on the move this summer.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
If you think that, you don’t know much about the Aggies. By the way, it’s $75M.

no, I can't say I do know much about A&M, but I am willing to bet even their boosters are not eating $40-$50 Million on a contract for a guy that 90% of D1 programs would kill to get. Jimbo is a good coach with the resume to prove it. Losing to Clemson should not be a hot seat loss.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:34 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

I did not watch much....do he look better than JT Daniels? I would assume one will be on the move this summer.

I didn't get a chance to see Daniels last week I was out of town on a funeral. But Slovis has a nice touch and the ball just seems to be in the right spot. I know arm strength it important but this kid has touch. I think most scouts want strength first then we'll work on refining it. But it's nice to have that control early on as a freshman.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 5 of 38
Jump to: