Shooting at Wal-Mart in El Paso
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject: Shooting at Wal-Mart in El Paso

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/03/us/el-paso-shooting/index.html

Multiple deaths reported, with one suspect currently in custody...
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject:

What sets these humans off to be SO disconnected like this

What is it..

Horrible piece of (bleep) sitting at 1600 Pennsylvania .. trying to incite the whole world into chaos..

"Multiple Fatalities"

What was the goal this shooter?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject:

https://www.ktsm.com/news/breaking-possible-active-shooter-at-walmart-near-cielo-vista-mall/

Looks like a white guy..

Quote:
El Paso Police confirm multiple fatalities, but cannot say immediately how many. A police source tells KTSM that 18 people were killed.

Might be higher than 18 dead...

If this is a MAGA person Trump needs impeached for his Racist Tweets and racist rhetoric.. asap..
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject:

These mass shootings are occurring every other week, and the government will do nothing about this. I should've realized this when nothing was done in response to the murdered children in Newtown, Connecticut.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:
These mass shootings are occurring every other week, and the government will do nothing about this. I should've realized this when nothing was done in response to the murdered children in Newtown, Connecticut.

2 this week.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject:

https://heavy.com/news/2019/08/patrick-crusius/amp/

Patrick Crusius: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Ugly maga looking white incel
NBC News reports there were at least 19 people killed in the August 3
shooting with a further 40 injured. The exact number of injuries and
deceased victims has not been officially confirmed
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Just what I thought

Racist worthless soulless skin

Quote:

BREAKING: FBI investigating possible manifesto from the shooter which starts with the following two sentences: "In general, I support the Christchurch shooter and his manifesto. This attack is a response to the
Hispanic invasion of Texas"
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject:

This is off the top of my head. Have there been more mass shooting since Trump took office?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Just what I thought

Racist worthless soulless skin

Quote:

BREAKING: FBI investigating possible manifesto from the shooter which starts with the following two sentences: "In general, I support the Christchurch shooter and his manifesto. This attack is a response to the
Hispanic invasion of Texas"

Terrible
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
This is off the top of my head. Have there been more mass shooting since Trump took office?

I think there has been an increase, but if you objectively look at the data, it suggests more correlation, not causation. There were many more during Obama's term than during GW Bush's term. It is increasing.

In raw data (while in office)

Trump - 28 (less than 3 years in office)
Obama - 41 (8 years in office)
GW Bush - 11 (8 years in office)
Clinton - 18 (8 years in office)
Bush - 7 (4 years in office)
Reagan - 7 (8 years in office)

Keep in mind, that is raw data of what qualifies as a "mass shooting"....you have to dig deeper to break out guy in Wal-Mart shooting at everyone from school shootings from organized crime/gang violence from domestic situations.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:18 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I think there has been an increase, but if you objectively look at the data, it suggests more correlation, not causation. There were many more during Obama's term than during GW Bush's term. It is increasing.

Keep in mind, that is raw data of what qualifies as a "mass shooting"....you have to dig deeper to break out guy in Wal-Mart shooting at everyone from school shootings from organized crime/gang violence from domestic situations.

You may have a fair point. Except it doesn't eliminate the fact that the recent shooters (and the scumbag who drove his car into the Charlottesville crowd) were puppeting the racially divisive rhetoric that Trump has been encouraging which was not the case in the majority of previous shootings.

On another note, Wal-mart is an open carry store in an open carry state . . . so what the (bleep) happened to all those "good guys with a gun"?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You may have a fair point. Except it doesn't eliminate the fact that the recent shooters (and the scumbag who drove his car into the Charlottesville crowd) were puppeting the racially divisive rhetoric that Trump has been encouraging which was not the case in the majority of previous shootings.

On another note, Wal-mart is an open carry store in an open carry state . . . so what the (bleep) happened to all those "good guys with a gun"?

From what you post Trump seems to be more causation. In 3 years he's 13 shy of Obama's 8 year high.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I think there has been an increase, but if you objectively look at the data, it suggests more correlation, not causation.

Sure, correlation is not causation. For example, it is hard to link Trump to the Orlando night club shooting by an ISIS sympathizer. I'm not sure we've ever gotten a definitive answer as to the motive for the Las Vegas shooting, but it did not seem political.

Anyway, I wouldn't give Trump too much credit. At least in part, Trump is riding the same wave as some of these lunatics. But the wave transcends those who ride it. I wouldn't be too quick to assume that this particular lunatic was influenced much by Trump. As we have seen, there are a lot of other voices out there, and many of them are a lot darker than Trump.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1157803228530188289

Quote:
CNN reports that local officials in El Paso believe some mass shooting victims didn’t seek medical treatment because of their immigration status.

Can you imagine being a nurse or doctor knowing you cannot help this person and they may be the victim of your
citizens hatred but are too afraid to seek potentially life saving medical care
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:24 pm    Post subject:

It's quite ridiculous that gun violence is not seen as a public health crisis. The government needs to lift the ban and allow funding for data compilation and research. Doctors and medical professionals are the ones that have to deal with the immediate aftermath. Literally every other disease/killer have peer reviewed data and research including deaths from car accidents and drownings, etc, but not gun violence.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1157803228530188289

Quote:
CNN reports that local officials in El Paso believe some mass shooting victims didn’t seek medical treatment because of their immigration status.

Can you imagine being a nurse or doctor knowing you cannot help this person and they may be the victim of your
citizens hatred but are too afraid to seek potentially life saving medical care

That's sad
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
It's quite ridiculous that gun violence is not seen as a public health crisis. The government needs to lift the ban and allow funding for data compilation and research. Doctors and medical professionals are the ones that have to deal with the immediate aftermath. Literally every other disease/killer have peer reviewed data and research including deaths from car accidents and drownings, etc, but not gun violence.

Profits before Humanity... never sustainable

LA Times Column: The NRA has blocked gun violence research for 20 years. Let’s end its stranglehold on science.

Quote:
It’s widely supposed that Congress enacted a “ban” on federal funding for gun violence research in 1996. That isn’t quite true, says Mark Rosenberg, a gun violence expert who was head of the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Center for Injury Prevention and Control at the time. But the truth is even more demoralizing.

If research on cancer were stopped for a single day, there would be a huge protest. But this research has been stopped for 20 years.

Mark Rosenberg, former head of CDC injury prevention program

Infuriated by CDC-funded research suggesting that having firearms in the home sharply increased the risks of homicide, the NRA goaded Congress in 1996 into stripping the injury center’s funding for gun violence research – $2.6 million. Congress then passed a measure drafted by then-Rep. Jay Dickey (R-Ark.) forbidding the CDC to spend funds “to advocate or promote gun control.” (The NRA initially hoped to eradicate the injury center entirely.)

The Dickey Amendment didn’t technically ban any federally funded gun violence research. The real blow was delivered by a succession of pusillanimous CDC directors, who decided that the safest course bureaucratically was simply to zero out the whole field.

Remarkably, that approach has continued to the present day: After the Newtown massacre of schoolchildren in 2012, President Obama issued an executive order instructing the CDC to “conduct or sponsor research into the causes of gun violence and the ways to prevent it.” But the agency has refused unless it receives a specific appropriation to cover the research. Congress played its obligatory role in acting as the NRA’s cat’s-paw by repeatedly rejecting bills to provide $10 million for the work.

“Removing the money from the budget and enacting the Dickey Amendment were the first and second shots across the bow by the NRA,” Rosenberg said. “The third shot is the idea that if you do this research, you’ll be hassled” by the NRA. “The result is that the CDC basically does nothing in gun violence research. If research on cancer were stopped for a single day, there would be a huge protest. But this research has been stopped for 20 years.”
GoldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:10 pm    Post subject:

This has become the norm. As normal as LA car chases. Should the media just not cover it so stuff like this doesn't get anymore exposure?

Unfortunately this isn't going to be the last one, just a matter of where and when next. Where is our society/human race going wrong? Seems like today's youth has become so numb and heartless and brainwashed by hatred.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Disgusted but not surprised.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:17 pm    Post subject:

If lawmakers did nothing after sandy hook. Than this will not phase them either

NRA, trump, politicians who take money from the nra are all (bleep) suckers .. every single one of them
JJLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:57 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
NRA, trump, politicians who take money from the nra are all (bleep) suckers .. every single one of them

I agree. The NRA floods money into these corrupt money whore politicians and the US is flooded with guns.

The whole point of having a constitution/Bill of rights..etc is that it brings stability to the nation. When the nation becomes unstable than we have a serious problem.

1) The NRA is destabilizing the US.
2) Trump words and actions are inspiring the crazy people.
3) The 2nd amendment argument is being taken out of context and used as a argument for the NRA and politicians to make money from it.

Guns are doing more harm than good for the US and this not what the constitution is about. And it makes me sick to see people dying over and over.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:07 am    Post subject:

ANOTHER "active shooter incident" in Dayton, Ohio. That one might have its own thread before too long, who knows. This country is diseased.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:31 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:
If lawmakers did nothing after sandy hook. Than this will not phase them either

We're not too far away from Moscow Mitch wondering why the hell Jon Stewart was "all riled up" about the dying 9/11 first responders. Soulless F's. Blatantly Un-American. Obama teared up while talking about Sandy Hook and Repubs call it choreographed and that he was "using" the tragedy for political gain.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
adkindo wrote:
I think there has been an increase, but if you objectively look at the data, it suggests more correlation, not causation.

Sure, correlation is not causation. For example, it is hard to link Trump to the Orlando night club shooting by an ISIS sympathizer. I'm not sure we've ever gotten a definitive answer as to the motive for the Las Vegas shooting, but it did not seem political.

Anyway, I wouldn't give Trump too much credit. At least in part, Trump is riding the same wave as some of these lunatics. But the wave transcends those who ride it. I wouldn't be too quick to assume that this particular lunatic was influenced much by Trump. As we have seen, there are a lot of other voices out there, and many of them are a lot darker than Trump.

Sure, we can pick out some shootings that aren’t linked, but there’s no denying the fact that the majority of mass casualty shootings of recent share a remarkable similarity in their perpetrators. And their links to Trump and his rhetoric, which he is driving and escalating specifically to target and incite the people that these shooters are coming from.

This shooter used his words specifically about invasion, drive nine hours to a location Trump specifically called out, targeted the people Trump is telling them are vermin and an infestation and taking over his country.

It’s not so much that there’s a link as it is that there’s a direct connection.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Sure, we can pick out some shootings that aren’t linked, but there’s no denying the fact that the majority of mass casualty shootings of recent share a remarkable similarity in their perpetrators. And their links to Trump and his rhetoric, which he is driving and escalating specifically to target and incite the people that these shooters are coming from.

This shooter used his words specifically about invasion, drive nine hours to a location Trump specifically called out, targeted the people Trump is telling them are vermin and an infestation and taking over his country.

It’s not so much that there’s a link as it is that there’s a direct connection.

Offhand, I don’t remember Trump calling out El Paso. But then, Trump attacks pretty much everything, so it wouldn’t surprise me if he did. Still, I think people give Trump too much “credit” for this sort of stuff. This guy was part of the wacko subculture that gave us everything from The Turner Diaries to InfoWars. Now you can add 8chan to the list. Does Trump contribute to this? Sure, I wouldn’t argue against that. I just wouldn’t give him as much “credit” as you do.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: