Just hours after El-Paso Mass Shooting in Dayton Ohio Masked Gunam with body armor kills 10+/Gunman dead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Brandon Friedman @BFriedmanDC

Using the El Paso terrorist's manifesto, I connected the dots for folks still having trouble doing that.

This is just the first page.

https://twitter.com/BFriedmanDC/status/1158025780233986048 (link to picture of Trump tweets and actual lines of Trump text incorporated into shooter's manifesto).

Trump is inspiring these white supremacists to commit acts of violence. Don't take my word for it. Take the terrorists' own words for it.

InfoWars would be proud of the reasoning in that tweet. Actually, it reminds me of some of the stuff that Glenn Beck used to do back in the day. About ten years ago, there was a guy who insisted on watching Glenn Beck on Fox at the cigar shop. I used to wonder whether Glenn Beck was taking his meds. He came up with stuff just like what is in that tweet. In fact, I remember that he had charts that looked eerily similar. Welcome to 2019.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject:

I posted this in the Gilroy thread on Monday.

kikanga wrote:
I'm disgusted by this Gilroy shooter but I'm not surprised. I think that's where my anger and frustration comes from.
The same thing could easily happen again next weekend. And I'd be stuck saying the same thing. I'm disgusted but not surprised.

I pray I'm not referencing this current post anytime soon. But I expect nothing to change anytime soon. If Sandy Hook didn't change things. Nothing will.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumps-butler-hates-negroes-wanted-to-carpet-bomb-ferguson-called-killery-clinton-a-ct

Just a reminder of who Trump surrounds himself with...

Butler for years.. like 10+ for sure.. sigh

America is under siege and nothing can save us.. The (bleep) President is the Terrorist
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject:

I think gun ownership in the U.S. should be illegal. And not just because I own stock in Big Crossbow.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
I think gun ownership in the U.S. should be illegal. And not just because I own stock in Big Crossbow.

you’d think there’d be momentum after sandy hook but both parties and I mean both parties ran away from gun control.

i’ve been following mass shootings from the 60s and inevitably it’s a white person who’s isolated and/or ostracized...
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:

you’d think there’d be momentum after sandy hook but both parties and I mean both parties ran away from gun control.

i’ve been following mass shootings from the 60s and inevitably it’s a white person who’s isolated and/or ostracized...

Public mass shootings seem to. When including mass shootings that stem from intimate partner violence - an ex-husband killing his wife, kids, and in-laws, for example - my understanding is that the breakdown of mass shooting perpetrators adheres to national racial demographics quite closely. The recent explosion in white nationalist terrorist attacks under Trump may have skewed that racial demographic data toward white males over the past few yeas, though.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Rod Breslau wrote:

Fox News, others in the media, and politicians are already blaming specifically video games and FPS games including FORTNITE of all things for yet another awful multiple mass shootings here in America, in Dayton and El Paso

video game guns don't kill people, real guns do

https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/1158024870833328128/video/1
Aug 4, 2019ReplyRetweetFavorite

Rod Breslau wrote:

Republican Texas Lieutenant Governor @DanPatrick is calling for federal government intervention into the video game industry, citing the Call of Duty reference from the terrorist's manifesto

he also wants you to pray more in school

Dan Patrick is religious boomer personified

https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/1158030737171525637/video/1

Rod Breslau wrote:

Last edited by JUST-MING on Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Really amazing that the police took the shooter out within 30 seconds of the first shot. He had a 100-round high capacity mag. Glad he didn’t have 3 more minutes. But, hey, can’t ban those mags.

40- to 100-round mags sales are only gaining steam. Glad we are adding more of those into the system. What could go wrong?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

Using the El Paso terrorist's manifesto, I connected the dots for folks still having trouble doing that.

https://twitter.com/BFriedmanDC/status/1158025780233986048 (link to picture of Trump tweets and actual lines of Trump text incorporated into shooter's manifesto).

Trump is inspiring these white supremacists to commit acts of violence. Don't take my word for it. Take the terrorists' own words for it.

InfoWars would be proud of the reasoning in that tweet. Actually, it reminds me of some of the stuff that Glenn Beck used to do back in the day. About ten years ago, there was a guy who insisted on watching Glenn Beck on Fox at the cigar shop. I used to wonder whether Glenn Beck was taking his meds. He came up with stuff just like what is in that tweet. In fact, I remember that he had charts that looked eerily similar. Welcome to 2019.

Let me simplify this for you:

Quote:
stochastic terrorism[ stuh-kas-tik ter-uh-riz-uh m ]SHOW IPA

noun

the public demonization of a person or group resulting in the incitement of a violent act, which is statistically probable but whose specifics cannot be predicted.

No conspiracy theories necessary, just one's own eyes and ears. Trump is responsible for inflaming these people. He does it every single day with his tweets and words and policies.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Natalie Martinez @natijomartinez

According to Facebook's ad archive, Trump has run around 2,200 FB ads since May 2018 mentioning the word "invasion." Scrolling through, all of them seem to be about immigration

https://twitter.com/natijomartinez/status/1158049182877458433
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Leaders lead

Leaders have followers

Trump leads followers to embrace racism and violence

Irrefutable.

What you don't condemn you give permission to grow

Trump and Putin and American politicians paid by Putin know what Trump is doing and condone it

There is an endgame to his racist attacks and we've only seen the beginning

Reminder. Right after Trump was inaugurated he had a follower kill an Indian man in a Kansas bar screaming GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY.
White trash thought they were Iranians

Quote:

The indictment against Adam Purinton, 52, comes after a 22 February shooting at Austin’s Bar and Grill in Olathe, Kansas. Witnesses have said at two 32-year-old Indian nationals, Srinivas Kuchibhotla and Alok Madasani, before he began shooting. Kuchibhotla died and Madasani was injured. A third man, Ian Grillot, was wounded when he tried to intervene.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jun/09/kansas-hate-crime-adam-purinton-attack-indian-men
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Restricting the carry and location of possession of handguns and assault weapons would be a major help.

Exactly. The Wal-mart shooting took place in a retail establishment that openly welcomes open carry in a state that brags about open carry.

They do so under the guise of the BS argument that "the good guy with a gun will stop the bad guy with a gun".

Obviously that "safeguard" didn't happen.

Sp let's just put that flawed justification for the proliferation of guns to bed right now.

Not to mention that the white mass murderer whom I will not mention by name was taken into custody peacefully with his life in tact. Meanwhile, minorities are gunned down by LOE just because they might have a gun.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:19 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
I'm reasonable sure that Trump is against any mass shootings, regardless of the location or the race of those involved...

I'm more than sure that your abilities to judge things is seriously impaired.

He's been intentionally inspiring these things for the entirety of his place in office.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject:

GoldenChild wrote:
Stop giving so much power to the NRA. Guns are not the answer.

The NRA is the economic vehicle that is allowing this (bleep) to continue.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:28 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

noun

the public demonization of a person or group resulting in the incitement of a violent act, which is statistically probable but whose specifics cannot be predicted.

No conspiracy theories necessary, just one's own eyes and ears. Trump is responsible for inflaming these people. He does it every single day with his tweets and words and policies.

AH suspended any claim to intellectual honesty at least 5 years ago.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Can we just copy and paste our responses from the other mass shooting thread to this one? Nothing will change.

BTW that's three in a row. I have a feeling this isn't over yet. Somewhere out there is a young white "disturbed" male browsing internet hate sites/8chan, consuming youtube videos, reading and absorbing hate into his veins, and waiting to outdo the last guy. Just browse one of those sites and see the kind of things they say. It's bizarro world. The next mass shooter has already made his plans.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Quote:

noun

AH suspended any claim to intellectual honesty at least 5 years ago.

What argument is AH making? It can't be as obviously daft as it appears? Right?

Last edited by kikanga on Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:26 pm; edited 4 times in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Ted wrote:

BTW that's three in a row.

More significantly, it was TWO in the span of ONE day.

Quote:
I have a feeling this isn't over yet. Somewhere out there is a young white "disturbed" male browsing internet hate sites/8chan, consuming youtube videos, reading and absorbing hate into his veins, and waiting to outdo the last guy. Just browse one of those sites and see the kind of things they say. It's bizarro world. The next mass shooter has already made his plans.

And will make his presence known all too soon. But it's all good, because that's just how we do things in this country now. Thoughts and prayers and it's "way too soon to talk about he problem" became the national norm way back at Sandy Hook.

Just go out and buy bullet-proof back packs for your kids and resign yourself to the fact you could be murdered by a Trump supporter on your next trip to the store or next night out.

No one in power actually gives a (bleep) on either side at those point. It's all about getting elected. And saving lives by taking a meaningful stand against the NRA is not going to accomplish that.

Until we go all in on regulating guns, mass shootings are now right in there with baseball, hot dogs and apple pie.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Ted wrote:

BTW that's three in a row.

More significantly, it was TWO in the span of ONE day.

Quote:
I have a feeling this isn't over yet. Somewhere out there is a young white "disturbed" male browsing internet hate sites/8chan, consuming youtube videos, reading and absorbing hate into his veins, and waiting to outdo the last guy. Just browse one of those sites and see the kind of things they say. It's bizarro world. The next mass shooter has already made his plans.

And will make his presence known all too soon. But it's all good, because that's just how we do things in this country now. Thoughts and prayers and it's "way too soon to talk about he problem" became the national norm way back at Sandy Hook.

Just go out and buy bullet-proof back packs for your kids and resign yourself to the fact you could be murdered by a Trump supporter on your next trip to the store or next night out.

No one in power actually gives a (bleep) on either side at those point. It's all about getting elected. And saving lives by taking a meaningful stand against the NRA is not going to accomplish that.

Until we go all in on regulating guns, mass shootings are now right in there with baseball, hot dogs and apple pie.

What can be done? Just have to vote. Money in politics will never go away. Can a Dem president even change anything? Congress has to go blue also.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

noun

Yes, I realize that this is the latest left wing obsession/meme. It is supported by massive amounts of research and scholarship . . . er, wait, actually it isn't. It's just some fancy sounding jargon that someone pulled out of their posterior. Oops. But at least it lets people sound smart and educated, when in reality they are just engaging in partisan chest pounding.

You probably ought to pack up this BS and talk about it in The Political Thread. Everyone will agree with you there. Out here, people are going to notice that you're posting this garbage about Trump in a thread about a shooting that has no apparent connection to Trump or politics, unless you think that Trump was demonizing this guy's sister.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
Can we just copy and paste our responses from the other mass shooting thread to this one? Nothing will change.

BTW that's three in a row. I have a feeling this isn't over yet. Somewhere out there is a young white "disturbed" male browsing internet hate sites/8chan, consuming youtube videos, reading and absorbing hate into his veins, and waiting to outdo the last guy. Just browse one of those sites and see the kind of things they say. It's bizarro world. The next mass shooter has already made his plans.

Sadly, this is probably true. We passed the point of no return about ten years ago, possibly longer. There is no realistic path to changing the gun culture in the US, other than generational shifts that will take about half a century. As for the 4chan, 8chan, whatever culture, that's a social media phenomenon (at least, at this sort of magnitude). We have reached the mind-blowing point at which people are actually talking other people into committing suicide over the internet. Social media may not have invented this sort of madness, but it cranked the volume up to 11.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:17 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Really amazing that the police took the shooter out within 30 seconds of the first shot. He had a 100-round high capacity mag. Glad he didn’t have 3 more minutes. But, hey, can’t ban those mags.

40- to 100-round mags sales are only gaining steam. Glad we are adding more of those into the system. What could go wrong?

I remember having them for my 10-22 just so I didn’t have to reload when out plinking around. I never dreamed that they would become so dangerous.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

noun

Yes, I realize that this is the latest left wing obsession/meme. It is supported by massive amounts of research and scholarship . . . er, wait, actually it isn't. It's just some fancy sounding jargon that someone pulled out of their posterior. Oops. But at least it lets people sound smart and educated, when in reality they are just engaging in partisan chest pounding.

You probably ought to pack up this BS and talk about it in The Political Thread. Everyone will agree with you there. Out here, people are going to notice that you're posting this garbage about Trump in a thread about a shooting that has no apparent connection to Trump or politics, unless you think that Trump was demonizing this guy's sister.

Interesting that you claim to know what goes on in the Political Thread when you have made it clear for years that you want nothing to do with it.

But I get it. It's easier for people like you to criticize from afar rather than to engage in actual intellectual discourse where you are challenged to back up your (bleep).

Go ahead and lazily rant about "the latest left wing obsession/meme" like a typical GOP tool since if you have nothing to offer otherwise. For a guy like you who tries to present himself as intellectually superior, it's comical to see you engage in the weakest of tropes.

You like to engage in infantile rhetoric like "Quiet the adults are talking" . . . you should follow your own advice.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject:

duplicate post
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Last edited by DaMuleRules on Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Duplicate post
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12
Jump to: