Woj: LAL to workout Dwight, Noah, Gortat, Speights
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Center working out with Lakers would you want LA to sign?
Dwight Howard
28%
 28%  [ 35 ]
Joaquim Noah
46%
 46%  [ 57 ]
Mo Speights
10%
 10%  [ 13 ]
Marcin Gortat
13%
 13%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 122

Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:03 am    Post subject:

“It will be different this time” is what every person that cheated with someone then was shocked when they cheated on them.

Howard is what he is. The overwhelmingly odds are that he will be a locker room and chemistry disruption. The last thing this team needs in this one year all in move.

That being said it seems like the type of move this desperate and dysfunctional FO is likely to make. Interesting year anyways.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:13 am    Post subject:

I really prefer Noah over him. But Rambis apparently has baggage with him stemming from the Knicks so it may be a no-go.

I just think Dwight brings negative energy to whichever team he joins. It's a shame b/c the talent was easily there (and he probably will make the HOF anyways based on his cumulative stats). I think we have a chance to finally have a cohesive and solid locker room.

It's testing how much poison you can "safely" ingest without getting hurt. I for one do not want to do that.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:17 am    Post subject:

"IF" Dwight came to the Lakers with the primary goal of doing what was needed to get a ring, he "COULD" be extremely valuable for this team. He is a better interior defender and rebounder than McGee or Cousins, and he is still a scoring threat around the basket.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
"IF" Dwight came to the Lakers with the primary goal of doing what was needed to get a ring, he "COULD" be extremely valuable for this team. He is a better interior defender and rebounder than McGee or Cousins, and he is still a scoring threat around the basket.

For certain. It's not a skills issue for me. It's what you pointed out. "IF."

Plus, how's his back/butt after surgery?
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I really prefer Noah over him. But Rambis apparently has baggage with him stemming from the Knicks so it may be a no-go.

I just think Dwight brings negative energy to whichever team he joins. It's a shame b/c the talent was easily there (and he probably will make the HOF anyways based on his cumulative stats). I think we have a chance to finally have a cohesive and solid locker room.

It's testing how much poison you can "safely" ingest without getting hurt. I for one do not want to do that.

You can't say that though. He has only been with about 30% of the teams in the NBA in the last 5 years. Just because it didn't work out with any of them you can't say that it wouldn't work out with all of them.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:19 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

You can't say that though. He has only been with about 30% of the teams in the NBA in the last 5 years. Just because it didn't work out with any of them you can't say that it wouldn't work out with all of them.

I know Matt Barnes.

And he is no Matt Barnes.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:20 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

hard to blame Rambis for those feelings.....by many accounts, Noah was a poor player, teammate and locker room guy while in NY. To his credit, he appeared to realize some things in NY were on him and come to terms with the player he currently is able to be, and was an asset in Memphis.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

For certain. It's not a skills issue for me. It's what you pointed out. "IF."

Plus, how's his back/butt after surgery?

the one positive is whoever the Lakers go with.....if it is not working, they can simply cut bait and try a different path
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject:

Can't believe it's come to this.

Howard's gonna have to answer to more than Lebron - Rondo gonna stomp his a$$ if he gets out of line.

Mind as well pick up Melo as well.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

hard to blame Rambis for those feelings.....by many accounts, Noah was a poor player, teammate and locker room guy while in NY. To his credit, he appeared to realize some things in NY were on him and come to terms with the player he currently is able to be, and was an asset in Memphis.

Right. He showed that he could not in theory, but in actuality, change.

Howard? We don't know if he can.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject:

It's such a befuddling argument to say we have veterans so they can keep him in check. Every team he has been on has had veterans. Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash couldn't get him to play hard. Dwight has spent years showing you guys who he is. His teammates have told you. His coaches have told you. His execs have told you. And it's still not enough evidence to crack this case?
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject:

Despite my automatic, ear-splitting migraine that came with in seconds the news of this possibility... I could live with D12 coming back to us under 4 conditions:

(1) He gets a complete and totally clean or reasonably clean bill of health from the Dr. Seto and the rest of the team's medical/ training staff so that he is capable of playing 30-35 mins. a night for 80 games, with NO expectations of surgery for the next 2 years.

(2) He is used only as a BACKUP center and is expected to only play 20-24 minutes a game.

(3) He contributes consistently as a rebounder/ defender/ screener/ finisher/ cutter on P&R if needed - basically, our own Ben Wallace 2.0.

(4) He makes absolutely no complaints about touches, minutes, rotations, coaching decisions, or anything else.

If he can do that and give us 10 pts/ 8 reb/ 1.3 blk off the bench in 20-24 mins. a game, then this will work out very well.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject:

Wishful thinking MIM.

I think you'll get 3 of the 4 if signed - he may start.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
Despite my automatic, ear-splitting migraine that came with in seconds the news of this possibility... I could live with D12 coming back to us under 4 conditions:

(1) He gets a complete and totally clean or reasonably clean bill of health from the Dr. Seto and the rest of the team's medical/ training staff so that he is capable of playing 30-35 mins. a night for 80 games, with NO expectations of surgery for the next 2 years.

(2) He is used only as a BACKUP center and is expected to only play 20-24 minutes a game.

(3) He contributes consistently as a rebounder/ defender/ screener/ finisher/ cutter on P&R if needed - basically, our own Ben Wallace 2.0.

(4) He makes absolutely no complaints about touches, minutes, rotations, coaching decisions, or anything else.

If he can do that and give us 10 pts/ 8 reb/ 1.3 blk off the bench in 20-24 mins. a game, then this will work out very well.

Do you want him to be able to fly and lay hands too? Might as well get all unreasonable expectations out of the way from the jump.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:07 am    Post subject:

Over/under he gets booed by Lakers fans first game back in Staples?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
It's such a befuddling argument to say we have veterans so they can keep him in check. Every team he has been on has had veterans. Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash couldn't get him to play hard. Dwight has spent years showing you guys who he is. His teammates have told you. His coaches have told you. His execs have told you. And it's still not enough evidence to crack this case?

I guess that we had no vets during Dwight’s time with the Lakers?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:

I guess that we had no vets during Dwight’s time with the Lakers?

Yeah. Kobe. Nash. Pau. MWP. Jamison. Blake. All chopped suey.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject:

Other than Kobe, I think D12's teammates have been passive aggressive with him. Rolling eyes to his face and dogging him behind his back.

Rondo is reportedly well respected among current players. Plus Dwight's circus tent is way smaller than Brons.

Not necessarily advocating for Howard - but I think this team is suited to keep him in check.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:38 am    Post subject:

Hey, Dwight finally gonna be Kobe's Tyson Chandler?
Sounds OK to me.
I'm sure D12 will get booed his first game.
But once they see him actually set screens, rebound and block shots, they'll think...

Hey, we have 2 McGees on the team.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject:

(bleep). No.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject:

This would be his last chance, so if that doesn’t light a fire under him and straighten him out, he can go hang out with Melo..
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject:

Quote:
TheLakersReview
@TheLakersReview

“... I’ve talked to an executive who had Dwight Howard in the past few years ... he couldn’t get rid of Howard fast enough. He said it would be a bad move for the Lakers to sign Dwight ...”

- Chris Broussard on First Things First this morning on Fox Sports 1

Morey?
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject:

The funny thing is is that the guy is still relatively young for a big. If he did have the mindset to dedicate himself to a few roles and play as 4th/5th fiddle then he would probably work out nicely for a year or two. The question is whether Dwight has the mental capacity to do that.

Has there been an example of someone with Dwight's kind of attitude at 27 cooling off and becoming a team player by 33?
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:
TheLakersReview
@TheLakersReview

“... I’ve talked to an executive who had Dwight Howard in the past few years ... he couldn’t get rid of Howard fast enough. He said it would be a bad move for the Lakers to sign Dwight ...”

- Chris Broussard on First Things First this morning on Fox Sports 1

Morey?

The only two who's opinion would matter are Morey and MJ. And both their opinions would have to be taken with a grain of salt given their own questionable decision making.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 9 of 17
Jump to: