Woj: LAL to workout Dwight, Noah, Gortat, Speights
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Center working out with Lakers would you want LA to sign?
Dwight Howard
28%
 28%  [ 35 ]
Joaquim Noah
46%
 46%  [ 57 ]
Mo Speights
10%
 10%  [ 13 ]
Marcin Gortat
13%
 13%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 122

LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:
TheLakersReview
@TheLakersReview

“... I’ve talked to an executive who had Dwight Howard in the past few years ... he couldn’t get rid of Howard fast enough. He said it would be a bad move for the Lakers to sign Dwight ...”

- Chris Broussard on First Things First this morning on Fox Sports 1

Morey?

The only two who's opinion would matter are Morey and MJ. And both their opinions would have to be taken with a grain of salt given their own questionable decision making.

But I thought Morey was the smartest guy in every room.
At least that’s what the advanced metrics say.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject:

Have Kobe and LBJ in the interview room w/ the FO & go from there.

Howard's skills have diminished; hopefully his ego has too. I'm sure he realizes that this is definitely his last shot at a ring.
He should be willing to do anything and everything asked of him. yes, no, maybe
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Hey, Dwight finally gonna be Kobe's Tyson Chandler?
Sounds OK to me.
I'm sure D12 will get booed his first game.
But once they see him actually set screens, rebound and block shots, they'll think...

Hey, we have 2 McGees on the team.

Dwight is terrible at setting screens according to his past teammates. McGee is a better player than him at this point.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Have Kobe and LBJ in the interview room w/ the FO & go from there.

Howard's skills have diminished; hopefully his ego has too. I'm sure he realizes that this is definitely his last shot at a ring.
He should be willing to do anything and everything asked of him. yes, no, maybe

Can Kobe be holding a baseball bat as he paces around the room?
Could be good if u think about it. For those that want Dwight signed, this mob tactic could pressure him into signing (We all know how he deals with pressure!)
And for those that oppose even the idea of signing this clown again, Kobe could just channel his inner DeNiro and go all Capone on his ass (We all know how much Kobe loves film)
Robster8989
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
“It will be different this time” is what every person that cheated with someone then was shocked when they cheated on them.

Howard is what he is. The overwhelmingly odds are that he will be a locker room and chemistry disruption. The last thing this team needs in this one year all in move.

That being said it seems like the type of move this desperate and dysfunctional FO is likely to make. Interesting year anyways.

Agreed.
For certain, his talent is best available at the position, but it's his character that concerns me most.
When he came here years ago, he said he just wanted to do what it takes to win. But people forget, the man REFUSED to run the plays the coach called. I'm no fan of MDA, but he would call for Dwight to come out and set a screen for Kobe, and Dwight REFUSED to leave the paint. I mean he refused to be a team player and set a screen for a HOFer and one of the best players of all time.
This was a team with championship aspirations, and 2 HOF offensive players, and this dude REFUSED to play team ball.
He is selfish and a total cancer.
Every team he's ever played for wants nothing to do with him.

West Point '88
UCLA '92
75th Ranger Regiment '88-'04
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject:

Robster8989 wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
“It will be different this time” is what every person that cheated with someone then was shocked when they cheated on them.

Howard is what he is. The overwhelmingly odds are that he will be a locker room and chemistry disruption. The last thing this team needs in this one year all in move.

That being said it seems like the type of move this desperate and dysfunctional FO is likely to make. Interesting year anyways.

Agreed.
For certain, his talent is best available at the position, but it's his character that concerns me most.
When he came here years ago, he said he just wanted to do what it takes to win. But people forget, the man REFUSED to run the plays the coach called. I'm no fan of MDA, but he would call for Dwight to come out and set a screen for Kobe, and Dwight REFUSED to leave the paint. I mean he refused to be a team player and set a screen for a HOFer and one of the best players of all time.
This was a team with championship aspirations, and 2 HOF offensive players, and this dude REFUSED to play team ball.
He is selfish and a total cancer.
Every team he's ever played for wants nothing to do with him.

I agree with you 100 percent!! Howard would suck the life out of the Lakers and it would definitely be a meltdown in LA. If the Lakers plan to have a great season and then resign AD, I say the best way to destroy that dream would be to sign Howard.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject:

Whoever our backup center is, I hope he's healthy.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:
TheLakersReview
@TheLakersReview

“... I’ve talked to an executive who had Dwight Howard in the past few years ... he couldn’t get rid of Howard fast enough. He said it would be a bad move for the Lakers to sign Dwight ...”

Morey?

The only two who's opinion would matter are Morey and MJ. And both their opinions would have to be taken with a grain of salt given their own questionable decision making.

Broussard? Whatever he says, the opposite happnes
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
kwase wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Dwight is the perfect player for LeBron. They can have their fun and dance and dress alike. Seriously... Dwight and LeBron have the same personality. And didn't Dwight embarrass LeBron with a 40 pt 10 reb performance in game 6 of the 2009 ECF's?

I want this to happen so bad.

They actually do have similar personalities, and that's the problem. Outside of Rondo there are no mentally tough players on the team, and now you want to bring in another mental midget. At least Boogie would have given us some grit.

Our roster is majorly flawed. We just gave Danny Green 15 million and he's our 3rd best player. Right or wrong, the Lakers need talent and upside however they can get it. If Dwight is available, it's a done deal.

This is the cost paid for LeBron.

It's weird hearing you say this. You are usually so positive and supportive when it comes to LeBron. Why the change of heart? Don't tell me you sold your LeBron jersey.

I think you guys need to ease up on Darth. Some of us have standards. I could never embrace Mikan after his Chicago Gears career, making the 5 MPLS titles pretty much meaningless to me. And we sold our soul (and our "young core") in the Wilt and Kareem deals -- I just couldn't root for those '72, '80, '82, '85, '87 and '88 title teams because of it. And don't get me started about giving up on Anthony Peeler, George Lynch, and Vlade just to rent Shaq from Orlando and Kobe from Charlotte. And now we are doing it again with LeBron and AD. It's really intolerable.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject:

mxgardens wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
kwase wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Dwight is the perfect player for LeBron. They can have their fun and dance and dress alike. Seriously... Dwight and LeBron have the same personality. And didn't Dwight embarrass LeBron with a 40 pt 10 reb performance in game 6 of the 2009 ECF's?

They actually do have similar personalities, and that's the problem. Outside of Rondo there are no mentally tough players on the team, and now you want to bring in another mental midget. At least Boogie would have given us some grit.

Our roster is majorly flawed. We just gave Danny Green 15 million and he's our 3rd best player. Right or wrong, the Lakers need talent and upside however they can get it. If Dwight is available, it's a done deal.

It's weird hearing you say this. You are usually so positive and supportive when it comes to LeBron. Why the change of heart? Don't tell me you sold your LeBron jersey.

I think you guys need to ease up on Darth. Some of us have standards. I could never embrace Mikan after his Chicago Gears career, making the 5 MPLS titles pretty much meaningless to me. And we sold our soul (and our "young core") in the Wilt and Kareem deals -- I just couldn't root for those '72, '80, '82, '85, '87 and '88 title teams because of it. And don't get me started about giving up on Anthony Peeler, George Lynch, and Vlade just to rent Shaq from Orlando and Kobe from Charlotte. And now we are doing it again with LeBron and AD. It's really intolerable.

Agreed. Never liked Lamar because he was a Clipper at heart and I've always viewed Pau as mainly a Grizzly.

Last edited by CandyCanes on Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Someone missed the sarcasm memo this morning.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/UnwrittenRul3s/status/1163527443723849728
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Hope this report from Ramona is factual.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

She did say “think” when talking about the leak coming from Dwight’s camp,
IMO my feeling is that we aren’t signing Dwight Howard and if we were we would have signed him by now considering we have spoken to him in the last 24 hours so to me Ramona is right. I guess Noah is gonna be the guy.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:
TheLakersReview
@TheLakersReview

Morey?

Broussard? Whatever he says, the opposite happnes

Lol... Broussard. What a Freaking hack
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
ocho wrote:
acer77 wrote:
Don't let Dwight fool you all, he hasn't changed at all.

https://www.slamonline.com/slam-tv/brandon-haywood-locker-room-hated-dwight-howard/

It is unfathomable to me that despite the ocean of evidence that this guy is toxic beyond measure people still want to bring him into our locker room because points and rebounding box score stats are as deep as they go. Yeah, sure seems like DWIGHT HOWARD will just keep his head down, accept his blue collar role on this team and just be a great supportive teammate. That sounds so much like him.

He rebounds and plays defense. So I think it’s different than having a guy like Carmelo that will play no defense and destroy the offense with his reckless and selfish decision making.

Other guys may be much better locker room guys, but it doesn’t mean much if they stink. There are plenty of great locker room guys that are toxic on the basketball court despite realizing their limitations and being all about the team. Dwight isn’t one of those guys.

So if it's that easy and he just plays defense and rebounds and that's it, why does every team he's on gleefully get rid of him? Why are his former teammates/execs unable to contain their exuberance in parting ways with him? I mean he just plays D and rebounds. Why is there always an issue?

I don’t think that’s true. Our team offered him 5 years and $118 million to stay in LA. And it feels strange for me to write that because it’s hard to imagine anyone wanting him that badly anymore.

Fwiw, people said Ron Artest was going to be a major problem in the locker room. But fans still wanted him because they thought he could play. The team won a championship with him. Even Dwight has made the Finals and also a conference finals with the Rockets.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
ocho wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
ocho wrote:
acer77 wrote:

https://www.slamonline.com/slam-tv/brandon-haywood-locker-room-hated-dwight-howard/

It is unfathomable to me that despite the ocean of evidence that this guy is toxic beyond measure people still want to bring him into our locker room because points and rebounding box score stats are as deep as they go. Yeah, sure seems like DWIGHT HOWARD will just keep his head down, accept his blue collar role on this team and just be a great supportive teammate. That sounds so much like him.

He rebounds and plays defense. So I think it’s different than having a guy like Carmelo that will play no defense and destroy the offense with his reckless and selfish decision making.

Other guys may be much better locker room guys, but it doesn’t mean much if they stink. There are plenty of great locker room guys that are toxic on the basketball court despite realizing their limitations and being all about the team. Dwight isn’t one of those guys.

So if it's that easy and he just plays defense and rebounds and that's it, why does every team he's on gleefully get rid of him? Why are his former teammates/execs unable to contain their exuberance in parting ways with him? I mean he just plays D and rebounds. Why is there always an issue?

I don’t think that’s true. Our team offered him 5 years and $118 million to stay in LA. And it feels strange for me to write that because it’s hard to imagine anyone wanting him that badly anymore.

Fwiw, people said Ron Artest was going to be a major problem in the locker room. But fans still wanted him because they thought he could play. The team won a championship with him. Even Dwight has made the Finals and also a conference finals with the Rockets.

Ron's teammates always vouched for him though. They loved him as a locker room guy.

I've actually started to like the idea of signing Faried. He definitely can get buckets for a guy who doesn't need plays run for him similar to Montrez. He rebounds and hustles. His weakness is his defense.

I think whoever we sign as a backup Center isn't going to get much playoff PT so it's mostly just for the regular season minutes. AD and McGee will man the middle in the postseason.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
ocho wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
ocho wrote:
acer77 wrote:

What does the contract we offered him 6 years ago have to do with anything? He was still considered an elite player then (he isn't now) and that was FIVE teams ago. Lots of teams were willing to put up with his clown act while he was still a great player. Ron Artest was an elite defensive player who was to play a key role on our team, and though he was volatile and it posed a risk, he wasn't a bad teammate or disliked in locker rooms. You're talking about injecting the most poisonous player in the league into our locker room so we can have a 3rd string center. You have to ignore so many colossal red flags to even consider this.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

She did say “think” when talking about the leak coming from Dwight’s camp,
IMO my feeling is that we aren’t signing Dwight Howard and if we were we would have signed him by now considering we have spoken to him in the last 24 hours so to me Ramona is right. I guess Noah is gonna be the guy.

Hes still a grizzly how would we have signed him?
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:53 pm    Post subject:

He's a locker room killer. A giant nerd. Hard pass.

You have to have chemistry on a championship team. I see it with the guys we have. Just need to shore up a few ends here. We are talking about the back up center. We still got AD. Get another body in here and we are fine.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject:

For people claiming that Dwight's a team killer... What do you think LeBron is?

I think it would hilarious to have the two most childish and passive aggressive cornball cats on the same team at over 30 years old.

The sheer amount of petty and hilariously absurd stories to come from this year will be VOLT quality.

Dwight stole LeBron's Halloween Dance party moves so now LeBron convinces Kuzma not to talk to Dwight or he'll trade him.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:

I think it would hilarious to have the two most childish and passive aggressive cornball cats on the same team at over 30 years old.

The sheer amount of petty and hilariously absurd stories to come from this year will be VOLT quality.

Dwight stole LeBron's Halloween Dance party moves so now LeBron convinces Kuzma not to talk to Dwight or he'll trade him.

Nick Young would be offended by this post.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:34 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
Veteran squad and a veteran squad may humble dwight and hell play his "tyson chandler role" kobe wanted him to play years ago. This was him last year pre injury

and that only 2 years ago:
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Nick Young would be offended by this post.

Indeed... My bad.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject:

mxgardens wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
kwase wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

You might want to hold off on a post like that until we win a championship. Right now you're comparing apples to oranges.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 10 of 17
Jump to: