Woj: LAL to workout Dwight, Noah, Gortat, Speights
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Center working out with Lakers would you want LA to sign?
Dwight Howard
28%
 28%  [ 35 ]
Joaquim Noah
46%
 46%  [ 57 ]
Mo Speights
10%
 10%  [ 13 ]
Marcin Gortat
13%
 13%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 122

SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject:

how's DH12 any better than Noah at this point of their career. 5 years ago Howard was way more athletic and healthier than Noah, but what about now? i can see them bring similar things to the table: rebounding, interior defending and nothing more. but Noah always has been a great teammate wherever he played and he's 10 times better a passer than Howard. of those 3 i'd pick Noah easily.
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Noah is going to give the effort to defend; we don't need much scoring from the back-up center. We just need some rebounding and someone to challenge shots in the paint. I think Noah's the best option, but I still want Vogel to experiment with Greek Freak's little bro at center.
mxgardens
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:45 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
I would give Pelinka props if he had the foresight to see that Cousins and Davis will miss games and plan accordingly. He has built two rosters and neither were balanced.

No you wouldn't. Your entire agenda since Jimmy & Mitch were fired has been to crap on every single move the Lakers have made and on every single thing they have done.

Report: Lakers install tile in corporate offices.

VLF: "There's Jeanie being cheap again, going with ceramic when Dr. Buss would've used porcelain!"

Yeah, I didn’t think that you could dispute what was posted. So instead try to deflect the conversation. Typical move when your gun is out of bullets.

Ok, I’ll try to dispute what you posted. Running an NBA front office does not mean you get to pick whomever you want (even among min players) and then “build” the perfectly “balanced” roster. There are 29 other franchises with motivated execs, and players have free will. Tell us all what your roster would have looked like, and support it with at least some evidence that the Players the Lakers didn’t sign wanted to be here for a price we could afford.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject:

How can we know if those players were interested in coming here when our FO didn't even approach them? I wouldn't have signed Cousins or KCP or Rondo either. That would be a good chunk of salary to bring some balance. Cook and Daniels are the same player, why do we have both? Unbalanced teams two out of two seasons tells us something.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:11 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
How can we know if those players were interested in coming here when our FO didn't even approach them? I wouldn't have signed Cousins or KCP or Rondo either. That would be a good chunk of salary to bring some balance. Cook and Daniels are the same player, why do we have both? Unbalanced teams two out of two seasons tells us something.

Pretty good points there
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Most Interesting Lakers No. 11:

Who should the Lakers sign for the 15th roster spot?

Quote:
The Lakers have plenty of options for their 15th roster spot and it seemed like they were waiting it out for one specific player, but now with the devastating injury to DeMarcus Cousins, it seems like they may have to look at even more players.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/8/21/20826312/most-interesting-lakers-11-who-should-lakers-sign-for-15th-roster-spot-dwight-howard-andre-iguodala
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:
Noah is going to give the effort to defend; we don't need much scoring from the back-up center. We just need some rebounding and someone to challenge shots in the paint. I think Noah's the best option, but I still want Vogel to experiment with Greek Freak's little bro at center.

Noah would be lucky if he's elevates 1". Little Greek is a gleague player at best this season. No and No.

Last edited by deal on Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Pretty good points there

You can never have too much shooting, especially with the injury luck we've had. If Cook is cold then put in Daniels, or vice versa. KCP is a serviceable backup. I'm in the minority with Rondo, but I like him running pick n roll when Lebron is out. Not to mention he's close with AD.

Look around the league. No team is perfectly constructed. Every team has weaknesses. I think our team fits on paper much better than last year.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Pretty good points there

You can never have too much shooting, especially with the injury luck we've had. If Cook is cold then put in Daniels, or vice versa. KCP is a serviceable backup. I'm in the minority with Rondo, but I like him running pick n roll when Lebron is out. Not to mention he's close with AD.

Look around the league. No team is perfectly constructed. Every team has weaknesses. I think our team fits on paper much better than last year.

Pretty good points there, too
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject:

I voted for the Polish Hammer, but I would be fine with Noah or Mo Speights also.

Howard? Come on Man....
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:24 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
I voted for the Polish Hammer, but I would be fine with Noah or Mo Speights also.

Howard? Come on Man....

Lol. SERIOUSLY
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Bringing in Howard to work out and not picking him would be a big (bleep) you to him and that would be fun.

I wonder what he would think if one of those other guys gets picked over him. With his massive ego he must think he is way better than all those other guys.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Bringing in Howard to work out and not picking him would be a big (bleep) you to him and that would be fun.

I wonder what he would think if one of those other guys gets picked over him. With his massive ego he must think he is way better than all those other guys.

“Thanks for working out for us Dwight.”

“No problem Rob. So how did I do??”

“Better than we thought...THAT’S for sure!”

“So can I join the squad!??”

“F*** No.”
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:46 pm    Post subject:

This is bananas
Sssmush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:01 pm    Post subject:

trade KCP for Thomas Bryant, or for other 3rd or 4th year bench big from around the league

if we are going for replacement level players I'd prefer we go after young players with something to prove rather than over the hill vets if the production was comparable

didnt the knicks or some team just pay $100M dollars NOT to have yannick Noah on the team? and dwight howard was already moving like Fred Sanford like six or seven years ago

I dont know just let Lebron choose, thats best
mxgardens
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:25 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

How do you know “our FO didn’t even approach them”?
LakerFan1977
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:17 am    Post subject:

Why dont we sign both Noah (defense) and Gortat (offense), we can get both of them for the minimum,

McGee can play with the 2nd unit for fast breaks, lobs, pick n roll defense,

We send Troy Daniels to South Bay, and its like we never skipped a beat
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:21 am    Post subject:

Sssmush wrote:
trade KCP for Thomas Bryant, or for other 3rd or 4th year bench big from around the league

if we are going for replacement level players I'd prefer we go after young players with something to prove rather than over the hill vets if the production was comparable

didnt the knicks or some team just pay $100M dollars NOT to have yannick Noah on the team? and dwight howard was already moving like Fred Sanford like six or seven years ago

Bryant could be the starter this season, so an offer of KCP isn't going to be enough.

KCP could also block the trade and he can't be traded for a while even if he would agree to the trade.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:58 am    Post subject:

Sssmush wrote:

The knicks didn't like his backhand!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:21 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Scoffs wrote:

Noah would be lucky if he's elevates 1". Little Greek is a gleague player at best this season. No and No.

You really didn't watch Noah play last year did you?
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:13 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
I would give Pelinka props if he had the foresight to see that Cousins and Davis will miss games and plan accordingly. He has built two rosters and neither were balanced.

No you wouldn't. Your entire agenda since Jimmy & Mitch were fired has been to crap on every single move the Lakers have made and on every single thing they have done.

Report: Lakers install tile in corporate offices.

VLF: "There's Jeanie being cheap again, going with ceramic when Dr. Buss would've used porcelain!"

Yeah, I didn’t think that you could dispute what was posted. So instead try to deflect the conversation. Typical move when your gun is out of bullets.

Nope - just speaking to the real issue. There's tribalism everywhere, but when Jeanie fired Jim, you, my friend, went from wry to acerbic, to caustic, to damning in your comments. I haven't read every single one of your posts, but of all the posts of yours that I've read since then, you have been a hammer and the Lakers - in toto - are the nail.

You've criticized every hire, every pick, every move, every public statement, every press release, every billboard . . . while at the same time worshiping at the altar of Steve Ballmer.

Hey - it's the Internet and self-righteousness abounds, but you're on a Lakers board using your supposed dudgeon to mask what is simply your hatred of all things Laker, post February 2017.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:26 am    Post subject:

LakerFan1977 wrote:
Why dont we sign both Noah (defense) and Gortat (offense), we can get both of them for the minimum,

McGee can play with the 2nd unit for fast breaks, lobs, pick n roll defense,

We send Troy Daniels to South Bay, and its like we never skipped a beat

You can't send him to the South Bay as he's not signed as a 2 way player. He would count as a roster slot.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:35 am    Post subject:

mxgardens wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Why do you keep reaching for straws? Are you new to the Lakers? Are you ignorant of the fact that the media follows the Lakers like they are their own family? That the Lakers are often linked to FAs that they have no interest in? If the Lakers had interest we would know it.
mxgardens
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:43 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
mxgardens wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Why do you keep reaching for straws? Are you new to the Lakers? Are you ignorant of the fact that the media follows the Lakers like they are their own family? That the Lakers are often linked to FAs that they have no interest in? If the Lakers had interest we would know it.

Hahahaha "new to the Lakers." Hardly. Did I push your buttons, big man? You love to dish out your negative BS, but can't answer a simple question. Where's your "balanced" roster? Let's see it. And as for your "we would know it," you'd be surprised how much you don't know. Or maybe you wouldn't be surprised, and you are fully aware that you are ignorant.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:46 am    Post subject:

Why does it always seem that there are formerly banned posters on their second or third account floating around (bleep)-posting someone they had beef with before they got banned while pretending to be newbies?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17
Jump to: