THANK YOU Dwight Howard (DH Signs with Philadelphia)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 135, 136, 137  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject:

AD is a C, tho...
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
mde24 wrote:
But then the “delusional dufus” in him will raise it’s ugly head and we will have his rumblings of him deserving a bigger role, more shots or more respect. The usual Howard frustrating pattern and disruption that negates all the positives he earned with teammates and fans.

I expect nothing less from him. Hopefully it does not cost games the Lakers likely won’t have the luxury of losing. West is going to be incredibly competitive and every game counts.

The moment "Delusional Dufus" Shows up the Lakers should Do exactly like the Raiders did AB. Any team with LeBrone and and AD on it makes any screw up player a luxury.

Doubt it will be as disruptive or profound as Brown though. Howard rarely goes over that line to get immediately cut.

It will be small immature things that annoy and frustrate coaches and teammates. It will be comments that start a media frenzy that will need to be "addressed " by the team and answered at every interview for a week or two.

As much as I dislike the signing, I am also starting to be open to it possibly working. Physically I think he can match McGee's production last year. 12/7.5/2blk/22mpg. Not a bad duo for 40+mpg if they both stay healthy and focused.

I am simply skeptical that Howard is mentally capable of not becoming a team disruption and chemistry killer. Only going to be a matter of how bad it gets and how it is dealt with. Maybe he surprises me.[/quote]

Believe Decade it’s going to work....watch.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject:

I’m using Dwight Howard on NBA 2k20 and he looks very effective.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Yes, have to agree. For the Lakers to be great a lot of players have to become what they used to be.
Especially Howard who has to play his usual good defense but learn to become a team player. This is one thing Howard has never learnt. How to become a team player. Maybe this is the year.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:
Dwight is an enigma. He never developed his post game... Which is interesting being he wanted to be a post player. And he never worked on passing out of the post a la Shaq.

Can he still get better? Who knows. His body looks insane this year though. I'll give him that. Just play D and catch lobs from LBJ.

DMC would have spaced the floor and he's crafty. Not as much lateral movement and not Dwight level defense... Wish we could have both. I guess we technically do, but cousins ain't much good in a wheelchair.

I think it’s horrible how Cousins is being discriminated against simply because he can’t play. Regardless of injuries, he should be on the court even though he’s not able to contribute. Health and availability should not diminish one’s value to a team.

Agree, and don't forget his rock solid character...threatening to shot his ex is worth him Not getting the discrimination

Lol. The other poster replied like I was serious
Not clowning them, but their thoughtful response had me rolling!
They were probably thinking “Is this dude for real??”

Man, I didn't even notice it was you posting it. Wow, I must be half asleep. Yes, I know you were kidding, now that I know its you, bro.
Have a good weekend, by the way....

No, I was talking about Four Decade Bandwagon Lol.
His response was thoughtful and fair even though I was being facetious.
Your response was hilarious 😆
Have a good weekend too, Bruddah

My mistake. I didn't read the "facetious/sarcastic" tone of your post.

Thought it was your true opinion. Sometimes I see some ludicrous (IMO) opinions expressed around here and this would have been one of them.

no worries man. That was awesome
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:11 pm    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
Yes, have to agree. For the Lakers to be great a lot of players have to become what they used to be.
Especially Howard who has to play his usual good defense but learn to become a team player. This is one thing Howard has never learnt. How to become a team player. Maybe this is the year.

Dwight doesn’t have to be Dwight of old. Bradley doesn’t have to be his old self he just has to be healthy. So who else you think need to turn back the clock?
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
laker50 wrote:

Dwight doesn’t have to be Dwight of old. Bradley doesn’t have to be his old self he just has to be healthy. So who else you think need to turn back the clock?

The Rondo who showed up in game 6 of the 2008 Finals would work 😉
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Car54 wrote:
laker50 wrote:

I don’t want him to see any playing time.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Car54 wrote:
laker50 wrote:

I don’t want him to see any playing time.

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:04 pm    Post subject:

I didn’t like how Rondo played last year but he’s gonna play with AD and the last time he played with AD, Rondo had a good playoff run with the Pelicans, it’s realistic to suggest that Rondo will be better prepared this year then he was last year.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:14 am    Post subject:

Dwight works out in Venice

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B2Lj5rvlnM7/?igshid=1mtcqz0qwz89o

The 180 dunk was nice
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

The 180 dunk was nice

I watch that and all I think is ... Look at me! Look at me!

Why?

Did I see correctly that he had a camera crew there? Or just paparazzi?

If he did bring them, I can only hope it is for his documentary on the first season he didn't need to be the center of all attention and won a Championship with the Lakers.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I’m using Dwight Howard on NBA 2k20 and he looks very effective.

Cool that settles it.
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

The 180 dunk was nice

He should’ve been in the gym practicing. Running around everywhere with shirt off thinking he is JR Smith
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject:

la4win wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

The 180 dunk was nice

He should’ve been in the gym practicing. Running around everywhere with shirt off thinking he is JR Smith

Oh, I guess he shouldn't be going to the beach like everyone else on a hot weekend. He should just be in the gym. Jesus Christ, people are over analyzing this guy. Let him be. At least he is getting in shape. And, if anyone knows Venice beach, there are always people there....and others filming.

Happy for Dwight and may he keep doing this stuff...
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
la4win wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

The 180 dunk was nice

Oh, I guess he shouldn't be going to the beach like everyone else on a hot weekend. He should just be in the gym. Jesus Christ, people are over analyzing this guy. Let him be. At least he is getting in shape. And, if anyone knows Venice beach, there are always people there....and others filming.

Wait til Dwight has a bad game. People will really bring out the pitch forks on LG
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
la4win wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

The 180 dunk was nice

Wait til Dwight has a bad game. People will really bring out the pitch forks on LG

Haha...you're right...the guy is out there at the beach having fun and getting criticized. He's in amazing shape, saying the right things...but the haters will keep hating. It's really pretty funny.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
la4win wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

The 180 dunk was nice

Dwight has not yet earned the benefit of the doubt. Yes he's entitled to go to the beach and all but this does seem like attention seeking (there's no way you going to get a good practice session in hooping on a blacktop and a ocean breeze).
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
la4win wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

The 180 dunk was nice

Dwight has not yet earned the benefit of the doubt. Yes he's entitled to go to the beach and all but this does seem like attention seeking (there's no way you going to get a good practice session in hooping on a blacktop and a ocean breeze).

And they keep coming....
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
la4win wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

The 180 dunk was nice

Haha...you're right...the guy is out there at the beach having fun and getting criticized. He's in amazing shape, saying the right things...but the haters will keep hating. It's really pretty funny.

Is it really hating though? Or just looking at past behaviors and coming to the most logical conclusion?

Sometimes I wonder how gullible some of you really are or just incredibly optimistic with Laker issues.

Let’s put it this way. If you met an ex while she / he was in a relationship and you cheated with them. You had a relationship with them and they cheated on you. Then they cheated in their next 4-5 relationships. You choose to start another relationship with them because they look amazing and say all the right things.

When you catch them flirting with someone it is highly likely an indicator of what is to come. But you keep being optimistic they have changed because they told you all the right things.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
la4win wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

The 180 dunk was nice

Is it really hating though? Or just looking at past behaviors and coming to the most logical conclusion?

Sometimes I wonder how gullible some of you really are or just incredibly optimistic with Laker issues.

Let’s put it this way. If you met an ex while she / he was in a relationship and you cheated with them. You had a relationship with them and they cheated on you. Then they cheated in their next 4-5 relationships. You choose to start another relationship with them because they look amazing and say all the right things.

When you catch them flirting with someone it is highly likely an indicator of what is to come. But you keep being optimistic they have changed because they told you all the right things.

Stop “Hating”
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
la4win wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

The 180 dunk was nice

Stop “Hating”

Keep justifying the hate. The situation is completely different. "Day to day contract." The guy is at the beach, engaging with fans, having fun...And your example is weak...its more like think of the ex with a potential terminal illness and her last shot at life and wants to get it right.
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
la4win wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

The 180 dunk was nice

Lol it’s nice to see he has some backers in here (I’m one of the few). I was totally being sarcastic. “Should’ve been in practice” saying must have gotten old in this forum. I even forgot where it started from.
PostMalone24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject:

He's in incredible shape it's freaking crazy.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Howard is a multimillionaire in his mid-30s. "Terminal illness," what?! Is he going to be renewed at Carousel if he washes out of the NBA by age 34?!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Page 46 of 137
Jump to: