THANK YOU Dwight Howard (DH Signs with Philadelphia)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 135, 136, 137  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
Interesting that Noah hasn't been signed after working out with the Clippers a few days ago. They are probably waiting to see what happens with Igoudala but center is a more pressing need for them. If he remains unsigned after Iggy is settled it would be very telling.

I'm thinking Joakim hasn't looked very healthy in his workouts for every team including us to pass on him after seeing him up close.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Looking really lean.

Saw the interview with Graham Bensinger yesterday. He looks pretty ripped and lean. Also seems like he is a much better place, doesn't bad mouth Kobe or Shaq, realizes their criticism did not come from a bad place.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:08 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
epak wrote:
Looking really lean.

Saw the interview with Graham Bensinger yesterday. He looks pretty ripped and lean. Also seems like he is a much better place, doesn't bad mouth Kobe or Shaq, realizes their criticism did not come from a bad place.

Yea. So far so good. Very young in the pre-pre-season, so hope it lasts.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
epak wrote:
Looking really lean.

Shaq's does lol. Kobe, however, just wanted to slap some serious competitiveness into him.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject:

JaVale says he's starting. First test for Dwight...

"LakeShowWorld

@LakeShowWorld
Follow Follow @LakeShowWorld
More
“He (@JaValeMcGee) was very clear that he expects to be the starting center for the Lakers."

https://twitter.com/LakeShowWorld/status/1174884887515414529
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject:

Javelle should be the starter
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

"LakeShowWorld

@LakeShowWorld
More
“He (@JaValeMcGee) was very clear that he expects to be the starting center for the Lakers."

Starting spots are earned not preordained, especially for a guy who wasnt that good for the majority of last season.

JM better come ready to fight for a starting spot and be ready to fight for a 🏆, because nothing is give-in in the nba.

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:25 am; edited 3 times in total
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject:

You think it would go back and forth, depending on what the opposing center is, Howard gets the beefy matchups, and Javelle the smaller or skinny ones. All things being equal, I think you would rather have Howard as a scoring option off the bench.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

"LakeShowWorld

@LakeShowWorld
More

No..he actually said he started last year so he should start this year. But it's up to the coach.

Post the entire context....man so deceiving. IN fact, McGee is right...the coach should decide. Whoever practices and plays better should start.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject:

“Yeah, I’ve thought about my role,” McGee told Spectrum SportsNet, having inked a two-year, $8.2 million deal with the Lakers this summer. “I mean, I started last year, so I wouldn’t expect anything less — but it’s definitely not up to me, it’s up to the coach. But I don’t plan on showing him anything other than I’m the starting center for the Lakers.”

Actual quote.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:57 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
“Yeah, I’ve thought about my role,” McGee told Spectrum SportsNet, having inked a two-year, $8.2 million deal with the Lakers this summer. “I mean, I started last year, so I wouldn’t expect anything less — but it’s definitely not up to me, it’s up to the coach. But I don’t plan on showing him anything other than I’m the starting center for the Lakers.”

Actual quote.

Thanks for posting this. Jav should have this mindset.

D39 is going to have to outplay him to get more minutes.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject:

LOL! I like how "King Randle" gets so upset at a simple post. I simply posted what was... you know... posted. Yet now it's some "conspiracy" to... I don't know what... something about being "deceptive" for what reason... I HAVE NO FRIGGIN CLUE. What would be the point? Anyway...

This is interesting then. So you are saying Dwight was promised the chance to win the starters job by Vogel? So we went from, "we're not going to depend on you Dwight, but if it works out, great." to "Dwight, we're going to depend on you from the very first game"?
Zubolo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
LOL! I like how "King Randle" gets so upset at a simple post. I simply posted what was... you know... posted. Yet now it's some "conspiracy" to... I don't know what... something about being "deceptive" for what reason... I HAVE NO FRIGGIN CLUE. What would be the point? Anyway...

This is interesting then. So you are saying Dwight was promised the chance to win the starters job by Vogel? So we went from, "we're not going to depend on you Dwight, but if it works out, great." to "Dwight, we're going to depend on you from the very first game"?

Your original post was misleading compared to the actual quote IMO. I don't think King Randle was being defensive. There is a clear bias against Dwight by most fans on this site. Maybe Laker fans are just that unforgiving. I say lets see how it plays out. I think he's flat out better than Javale but has to prove it. If he's a nuisance, we cut him.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Zubolo wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

Your original post was misleading compared to the actual quote IMO. I don't think King Randle was being defensive. There is a clear bias against Dwight by most fans on this site. Maybe Laker fans are just that unforgiving. I say lets see how it plays out. I think he's flat out better than Javale but has to prove it. If he's a nuisance, we cut him.

my original post was written by "@LakeShowWorld". Do you think I am "@LakeShowWorld"? Do you think I am a reporter? I don't work here, it's not my job to source every little thing and study full interviews looking for "information" that backs up whatever I am saying. There is no conspiracy. I simply posted what "@LakeShowWorld" posted. If somebody wanted to add to that and say, "oh yeah, JaVale also said this" that would be fine but to then imply it was some kind of "deception" is pretty bizarre.

You don't find it odd that "King Randle" suddenly appears around here to "correct" every single item connected with Dwight and then angrily toss in the idea that there was some kind of "deception" involved? It's just... weird...
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
Zubolo wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

my original post was written by "@LakeShowWorld". Do you think I am "@LakeShowWorld"? Do you think I am a reporter? I don't work here, it's not my job to source every little thing and study full interviews looking for "information" that backs up whatever I am saying. There is no conspiracy. I simply posted what "@LakeShowWorld" posted. If somebody wanted to add to that and say, "oh yeah, JaVale also said this" that would be fine but to then imply it was some kind of "deception" is pretty bizarre.

You don't find it odd that "King Randle" suddenly appears around here to "correct" every single item connected with Dwight and then angrily toss in the idea that there was some kind of "deception" involved? It's just... weird...

No I don’t cigar. Your post was completely inaccurate and then implied “how’s Dwight going to react.” Ooooh. I posted what was accurate. So deal with it. And yes I support Dwight cuz I think he’s being honest finally...want the best for the team and him. U can’t stand Dwight. Enough said. Lite your cigar.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
Zubolo wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

No I don’t cigar. Your post was completely inaccurate and then implied “how’s Dwight going to react.” Ooooh. I posted what was accurate. So deal with it. And yes I support Dwight cuz I think he’s being honest finally...want the best for the team and him. U can’t stand Dwight. Enough said. Lite your cigar.

LOL! Wow... you are out there... Guess who posted that they wanted the Lakers to sign Dwight? Oh! That was ME! Whoops, you missed that one, didn't you?

If you have a problem with what was posted, perhaps you should take it up with "@LakeShowWorld". Apparently... (looking around) they are in on it, you know... the conspiracy... the conspiracy to spread "deceptive" information about Dwight on the incredibly powerful LakersGround message board... Everything that gets posted here apparently is hotwired directly into Dwight's brain? and of course, it is up to YOU to save the day! Without you, all would be lost... so dramatic... this has to be the silliest thing yet you have gotten upset about.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject:

I’m interested to see how Howard looks during training-camp, training camp should us a good idea of what we might expect as far as level of play when he goes up against McGee and vice versa.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:02 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
King Randle wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
Zubolo wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

LOL! Wow... you are out there... Guess who posted that they wanted the Lakers to sign Dwight? Oh! That was ME! Whoops, you missed that one, didn't you?

If you have a problem with what was posted, perhaps you should take it up with "@LakeShowWorld". Apparently... (looking around) they are in on it, you know... the conspiracy... the conspiracy to spread "deceptive" information about Dwight on the incredibly powerful LakersGround message board... Everything that gets posted here apparently is hotwired directly into Dwight's brain? and of course, it is up to YOU to save the day! Without you, all would be lost... so dramatic... this has to be the silliest thing yet you have gotten upset about.

Just want accuracy bro....save the day LMAO....be accurate and there are no issues.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
King Randle wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
Zubolo wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

Just want accuracy bro....save the day LMAO....be accurate and there are no issues.

what I posted was accurate. I did not have access to the full interview. I did have access to the post by "@LakeShowWorld" which is what I was posting. I repeat, if you have a problem with what was posted, contact "@LakeShowWorld".

Calm yourself, there is no "conspiracy" or "deceptive" practices here. I'm rooting for Dwight, I think it would be an awesome story if he thrives here and leads us to the finals but your constant attacks and "corrections" on the smallest things are making me want to root against him just to see you have a meltdown. I repeat, I do not work here, I'm not going to sift through 2 hours of video or whatever else to double or triple check something I am getting from a tweet from what I thought? was a reliable source. Perhaps "@LakeShowWorld" isn't as accurate as expected? I have no idea. Why don't you spend 10 hours studying them and post a full report here when you're done?
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
King Randle wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
King Randle wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
Zubolo wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

what I posted was accurate. I did not have access to the full interview. I did have access to the post by "@LakeShowWorld" which is what I was posting. I repeat, if you have a problem with what was posted, contact "@LakeShowWorld".

Calm yourself, there is no "conspiracy" or "deceptive" practices here. I'm rooting for Dwight, I think it would be an awesome story if he thrives here and leads us to the finals but your constant attacks and "corrections" on the smallest things are making me want to root against him just to see you have a meltdown. I repeat, I do not work here, I'm not going to sift through 2 hours of video or whatever else to double or triple check something I am getting from a tweet from what I thought? was a reliable source. Perhaps "@LakeShowWorld" isn't as accurate as expected? I have no idea. Why don't you spend 10 hours studying them and post a full report here when you're done?

Ok...my bad...I thought u just posted the headline and should’ve read the interview. We’re on the same page... we both want the Lakers to succeed and if Dwight can help that...the better.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

"LakeShowWorld

@LakeShowWorld
More

No..he actually said he started last year so he should start this year. But it's up to the coach.

Post the entire context....man so deceiving. IN fact, McGee is right...the coach should decide. Whoever practices and plays better should start.

If healthy, I can not see McGee keep that spot over Howard. Howard is a much better player than him. It is all about health. If Howard is your option on a lob threat or inside, it is going to be very hard to stop him. Lebron, AD, Howard and 2 quality reliable shooters. It will be very difficult for teams to match up.

Players have to be willing to take a backseat to Lebron and AD though. That is the key. Howard, Green, whomever starts at 1, they have to be willing to get spoon fed baskets. They have to want that. They have to want to move off the ball. AD and Lebron are willing passers, especially Lebron. If open, he will find you. If in a good position to score for your skills, LBJ will find you.

McGee and Howard should feast inside on open baskets and layups. I am just concerned about defense. A lot of teams run, play small, and shoot a lot of outside shots. We need to be able to get back on defense and set up. I like that Howard is light. Running back on defense is critical. We have two legit bigs, and Lebron is built like a power forward. We need those 3 guys to be able to get back on defense.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
King Randle wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

"LakeShowWorld

@LakeShowWorld
More

If healthy, I can not see McGee keep that spot over Howard. Howard is a much better player than him. It is all about health. If Howard is your option on a lob threat or inside, it is going to be very hard to stop him. Lebron, AD, Howard and 2 quality reliable shooters. It will be very difficult for teams to match up.

Players have to be willing to take a backseat to Lebron and AD though. That is the key. Howard, Green, whomever starts at 1, they have to be willing to get spoon fed baskets. They have to want that. They have to want to move off the ball. AD and Lebron are willing passers, especially Lebron. If open, he will find you. If in a good position to score for your skills, LBJ will find you.

McGee and Howard should feast inside on open baskets and layups. I am just concerned about defense. A lot of teams run, play small, and shoot a lot of outside shots. We need to be able to get back on defense and set up. I like that Howard is light. Running back on defense is critical. We have two legit bigs, and Lebron is built like a power forward. We need those 3 guys to be able to get back on defense.

Great point Wolf...in fact Dwight talked about the reason he lost all this weight was because it’s a different NBA. Guarding the entire floor. One of the reasons he went from 270’s to the 240’s.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Actual quote.

Thanks for posting this. Jav should have this mindset.

D39 is going to have to outplay him to get more minutes.

The version of McGee that started the season last year was definitely the starter. The issue for him is load management so he's in good form at the end. Making him a low minute starter probably makes sense. Dwight may be better suited to the second unit anyway. We can get more pure shooters that need a back line support with him there.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject:

McGee/Howard in either order is a formidable tandem if both stay healthy, and if Howard keeps his head on straight, accepts his role, starts setting decent picks, lets LBJ/AD and others be the focal points of the offense, and learns to be at least a neutral locker room presence.

If any of that doesn't happen on Howard's part, then this talk about Dwight starting versus McGee is out the window, McGee will be starting and we'll be discussing who we can pick up at backup center to keep AD happy playing the 4 spot.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:21 pm    Post subject:

I like the idea of starting McGee and playing him in 4-6 minute high energy bursts throughout the game-- hopefully Dwight's ego can accept that.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Page 52 of 137
Jump to: