THANK YOU Dwight Howard (DH Signs with Philadelphia)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 109, 110, 111 ... 135, 136, 137  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Dwight was like best center in the league my ass.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:38 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Dwight was a BEAST tonight!!

Game was close till Dwight came in

Go Dwight

I will not be surprised if we see real tears dripping down the Jokers face at some point before the series is over in the next 3 games.

So you think we're going to sweep Denver?
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:08 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
hype wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Dwight was a BEAST tonight!!

Game was close till Dwight came in

Go Dwight

I will not be surprised if we see real tears dripping down the Jokers face at some point before the series is over in the next 3 games.

So you think we're going to sweep Denver?

I thought 4-5 games before the series started and honestly after seeing how mentally weak they were so early on in game 1 it has me more so feeling sweep.

I just think the Lakers are capable of playing defense another entire tier or two above Denver consistently while we have so many mismatches on the offensive side. As we seen all Playoffs with them they give up huge leads nearly every game but the other two teams they played didn't have not only the level of defense the Lakers have but the cohesion and chemistry we're currently showing with a multitude of different lineups at this point. They're just focused and 100% bought in as a unit no matter what pieces are on the floor.

Even if they get hot for a quarter or entire half I have full confidence in the coaching staff along with Lebron, AD, Rondo etc. to make quick adjustments and not wait until after the game to fix it. It's been a longgggg time since I could truthfully say that and I was even hesitant early these Playoffs but it's clearly truth at this point.

I know some of my predictions of this series probably comes off as incredibly cocky or over confident but from the get go I felt much safer against the Nuggets then either The Blazers or the Rockets honestly, we just simply matchup flawlessly against them.

I still think they could possibly get 1 game but it would have to be a perfect storm imo. They'd have to shoot lights as an entire team while a huge chunk of our guys shot horribly and I just don't see all that happening with so many mismatches in our favor along with the defense we are capable of.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:51 am    Post subject:

One game at a time guys
Denver is a good team
They are very well coached
Malone will make some adjustments

They will put a lot better on us than this past game where they just got man handled

I don’t think the series is over easily
But we do match up with them a lot better than the Clippers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:53 am    Post subject:

Dwight was just a monster in this one
You didn’t just feel it on D/Boards.

You felt it on O.

He was outplaying the second best big in the game (if AD is the best) on both ends making him work. How cool is it to have a bench guy that didn’t play in a series just come in and outplay a second team all NBA center.

The talent on the Lakers with Bron, AD, Howard, Rondo, Kuzma etc is just ridiculous.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:03 am    Post subject:

Howard, Rondo, Kuzma, Morris...the Lakers are running on all cylinders now. It would take an act of God to beat them. Howard also got extra, extra rest for not playing much in the Houston series. We'll just sweep Denver and watch the Foston/Miami series go 7 games and get even more rest. Rest is the name of the game.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:06 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
With only one rest day between games, typical post play from DH will leave Jokic tired and bruised for later contests. It is much harder to make those three point shots when one's muscles are sore. If this series goes seven games, I don't expect Jokic to be as big of a factor at the end as he will be at the beginning.

Dwight guarding Jokic on the perimeter is something that the Nuggets would love to see. It would open up the middle for Jokic passes to cutters. Malone is too smart of a coach not to take advantage of that mismatch.

Narrator: They did not, in fact, love it.

I expected DH to have a good game and to marginally control Jokic; I didn't expect DH to completely impose his will on the Denver team. Not enough can be said about Dwight's performance in Game 1.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:42 am    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
With only one rest day between games, typical post play from DH will leave Jokic tired and bruised for later contests. It is much harder to make those three point shots when one's muscles are sore. If this series goes seven games, I don't expect Jokic to be as big of a factor at the end as he will be at the beginning.

Dwight guarding Jokic on the perimeter is something that the Nuggets would love to see. It would open up the middle for Jokic passes to cutters. Malone is too smart of a coach not to take advantage of that mismatch.

I expected DH to have a good game and to marginally control Jokic; I didn't expect DH to completely impose his will on the Denver team. Not enough can be said about Dwight's performance in Game 1.

Jokic I think has been used to being able to coast a little on defense, with all their offensive firepower, and a lot of teams not having mobile, skilled, big men who can play both on the perimeter and inside. Howard is just the kind of veteran center to give Denver a lot of problems inside. Then he can play with Jokic on the perimeter and limit his passing ability. This is probably the series in the playoffs where Dwight is at his most valuable to us.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject:

I expect Jokic to come out firing threes in Game 2. He doesn't want to tangle with Dwight in the paint.

Dwight deserves to start in Game 2. Javale hasn't given us much in the playoffs.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Dwight was just a monster in this one
You didn’t just feel it on D/Boards.

You felt it on O.

He was outplaying the second best big in the game (if AD is the best) on both ends making him work. How cool is it to have a bench guy that didn’t play in a series just come in and outplay a second team all NBA center.

The talent on the Lakers with Bron, AD, Howard, Rondo, Kuzma etc is just ridiculous.

Absolutely Wolf...I've been saying it all year...best FA signing...Dwight, AD and Bron up front is the best defensive front court in the NBA. Sure Denver will adjust but Dwight has handled Jokic all year...No way Jokic can back in Dwight like he does McGee....love that Vogel started Dwight in the 2nd half. Dwight should play at least 20 MPG in this series.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject:

The thing about jokic is he's an offensive player. When you pressure him on defense you nullify a lot of his offense. This is why Davis and Howard are great. They can give you some offense and also great defense.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:51 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers coach Frank Vogel said he is considering starting Dwight Howard in Game 2 vs. Nuggets but won’t let his decision be known until Sunday.

CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:11 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
Lakers coach Frank Vogel said he is considering starting Dwight Howard in Game 2 vs. Nuggets but won’t let his decision be known until Sunday.

I think McGee to start is a better strategy. Dwight might get into that foul trouble so Vogel should keep Malone guessing. If McGee play him straight up and also does a good job, Malone will have to resort to another counter plan. And we still have Dwight to mess around with their heads.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:09 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
One game at a time guys
Denver is a good team
They are very well coached
Malone will make some adjustments

They will put a lot better on us than this past game where they just got man handled

I don’t think the series is over easily
But we do match up with them a lot better than the Clippers

They also got man handled in all 3 games we played with Lebron as well in the regular season. We just were more on cruise control and didn't dominate them like game 1 but none of those 3 games really ever felt like a loss imo.

I also believe the Lakers didn't play anywhere near as good as they can either and will improve in game 2. Not sure what the Nuggets can do for a full game to beat the Lakers outside of record breaking shooting numbers on tough shots which I don't see happening. They were down 27 while Lebron was basically being a decoy and just kinda letting the rest of the team feast. Lebron can drop 40+ any game he wants against this team if it's ever even necessary.

I still believe this will be our easiest series of the entire Playoffs, Denver and the Jazz are the two teams we matched up with best and we just got incredibly lucky we got to somehow meet one of those two teams this deep in the Playoffs.

I will say both the Heat and Celtics will be tough though since they can play both sides and don't breakdown after being hit in the mouth.

Last edited by hype on Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

I think McGee to start is a better strategy. Dwight might get into that foul trouble so Vogel should keep Malone guessing. If McGee play him straight up and also does a good job, Malone will have to resort to another counter plan. And we still have Dwight to mess around with their heads.

IDK, I think McGee did a solid job but even if Dwight gets into foul trouble I think that small lineup with Morris is also vastly better then when McGee plays as well. People keep saying Malone is going to make all these counters but at the end of the day the Lakers have the far and away 2 best players by a mile along with all the experience not to mention much more mismatches. There's only so much you can do as a coach when your players are vastly outmatched.
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:18 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

God I love this man. But Id start McGee for like 3-6 min (depending on effectiveness) and unleash Howard on him.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:32 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
CRoost wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

IDK, I think McGee did a solid job but even if Dwight gets into foul trouble I think that small lineup with Morris is also vastly better then when McGee plays as well. People keep saying Malone is going to make all these counters but at the end of the day the Lakers have the far and away 2 best players by a mile along with all the experience not to mention much more mismatches. There's only so much you can do as a coach when your players are vastly outmatched.

Agreed. I think this is just a question of Frank second guessing himself and rationalizing giving Mcgee some run versus going with the obvious move and starting Dwight. Don't get cute, just do what works. These are the playoffs, and if Mcgee is a negative (regular season data against the Nuggets says yes), even 6-10 minutes of playing him is shooting yourself in the foot when you could just play the better lineups.

I said it in another thread, too - even if it's not Dwight on the floor, give those Mcgee minutes to Kieff like you said, who is on FIRE right now. And the crazy thing is we can still play big against Jokic in those minutes since we have a guy named AD as a trump card. Just too many options and matchup advantages against the Nuggets to be playing net negative players. Frank must be stoked right now.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Dwight Howard walks by as Jamal Murray is setting up for media availability.

Jamal (in jest): “Not right now, man. Not right now.”

Dwight (in jest): “Ay Joker, what’s your room number?”

https://twitter.com/kylegoon/status/1307419848851496964?s=21

Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Jokic I think has been used to being able to coast a little on defense, with all their offensive firepower, and a lot of teams not having mobile, skilled, big men who can play both on the perimeter and inside. Howard is just the kind of veteran center to give Denver a lot of problems inside. Then he can play with Jokic on the perimeter and limit his passing ability. This is probably the series in the playoffs where Dwight is at his most valuable to us.

Even though he picked up 5 fouls, Howard did a good job again tonight. He was a +10 in 13 minutes. Jokic was a -6 in 39 minutes.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Dwight is awesome. I mean we cant expect 15 minute a night Dwight to play perfect against an elite center like Jokic but Dwight did great. I wish JaVale would stop playing and Frank just trusts Dwight to watch his fouls
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Dwight, we love the fight you bring every night, and i think you can be even more effective if you play with controlled aggression! Don't let Jokic bait you into foul trouble with his flopping because we need you on the court to match up with him!
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Refs gave Dwight no love today. Guess they bought into the narrative that we got the benefit of the whistle last game (even though we were called for more fouls and the Nuggets looked like they were deliberately hacking Dwight in the second quarter, iirc) and way over corrected today.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:22 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Refs gave Dwight no love today. Guess they bought into the narrative that we got the benefit of the whistle last game (even though we were called for more fouls and the Nuggets looked like they were deliberately hacking Dwight in the second quarter, iirc) and way over corrected today.

I knew the refs will call those ticky tack fouls so Dwight would have been in the bench early with 3 fouls. But he should have been there at the 2nd half to start and Vogel waited till the 4th. Jokic was already getting into the rhythm with all those free throws and mismatch from the switch. If Vogel keep playing with fire , we can get burned and this could be a long series. Game 3, go for the kill. Start Dwight in the 2nd half . Never double team Jokic. The shots he can create from his passing is better than what Murray can muster. But in the close game, this is where you double him and let others make the shots.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:30 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

I knew the refs will call those ticky tack fouls so Dwight would have been in the bench early with 3 fouls. But he should have been there at the 2nd half to start and Vogel waited till the 4th. Jokic was already getting into the rhythm with all those free throws and mismatch from the switch. If Vogel keep playing with fire , we can get burned and this could be a long series. Game 3, go for the kill. Start Dwight in the 2nd half . Never double team Jokic. The shots he can create from his passing is better than what Murray can muster. But in the close game, this is where you double him and let others make the shots.

Yeah, this was my biggest gripe. He let Jokic continue to get mismatches consistently for way too long in the second half.

Honestly, this was the worst Playoff game I seen for most of the rotation outside of Lebron and AD play yet we still won.

We kind of needed a close heart taking fatality win since things have mostly been a bit too easy for quite awhile so hopefully this game re-settles everyone and Vogel makes his own adjustments and we get back to our dominant ways in Game 3.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:31 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Yeah, this was my biggest gripe. He let Jokic continue to get mismatches consistently for way too long in the second half.

Honestly, this was the worst Playoff game I seen for most of the rotation outside of Lebron and AD play yet we still won.

We kind of needed a close heart taking fatality win since things have mostly been a bit too easy for quite awhile so hopefully this game re-settles everyone and Vogel makes his own adjustments and we get back to our dominant ways in Game 3.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 109, 110, 111 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Page 110 of 137
Jump to: